Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Tender Tevaseu, Reitz & Link

found this on Rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Martin Tevaseu - DL - Colts

Colts tendered exclusive rights free agents NT Martin Tevaseu and LG Joe Reitz.

A situational run stopper, Tevaseu appeared in 13 games in 2012, starting two. He made 12 tackles across 224 snaps. Reitz was an adventure at left guard last season, and would ideally be upgraded.

Mar 11 - 11:02 AM

Player Outlook

Mar 11 - 11:02 AM

Player Outlook

Game Log

Career Stats

Draft Advice

Jeff Linkenbach - T - Colts

Colts tendered restricted free agent G/T Jeff Linkenbach at the original-round level.

Linkenbach is capable of playing both guard and tackle, but has consistently struggled when inserted into the starting lineup. The Colts have to be hoping he doesn't approach the 12 starts he's averaged the past two seasons in 2013.

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter Mar 11 - 10:57 AM

I'd rather Jeff Linkenbach & Joe Reitz not survive camp.

I usually agree with you Brian, but Link's versatility and durability helped us win 11 games last year.  We all know he is not great, but is a valuable back up. I know there are loads of Link haters.  Played his best OL to date at LG replacing Reitz.  Reitz is cheap....lets go to camp and as you say....if they cannot make it let the coaches make the call.

Tevaseau signed:  Writing on the wall for Mookie?  Chapman, McKinney and Tevaseau as NTs in camp...interesting.

No! Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. Moe Greene. Stracci. Cuneo. And at this upcoming training camp we settle all family business.

The kids saw OZ yesterday....."Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" there as well  haha

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Under the guise that we bring in so many upgrades to the OL that Link & Reitz are heels & toes beneath the rest of the pack, I'm in agreement with Brian. But that means Olson needs to go also.

I know, I know, another touch year of breaking from the past, but................

Reitz could still be a starter. Not so much with Link. But in a situation of survival mode on a given Sunday, having a guy who can function at G or T is of real value we would agree. Link is weak as a T, but he is capable of improvement. He may not peak as a RT for 2-3 more years. :yay:  :yay:

Love how fans keep calling for removal of O line players and the Colts keep signing them. Again, O line players are not plug and play without possible protection issues. Thank goodness the front office knows this. They are spending very little to keep some continuity as well as depth.

Let's say we spent big and we picked up 2 maulers that had fans salivating. We also cut those two linemen mentioned above. Then the two FA's get injured. Multiple O line injuries seems to be our calling card of late. Andrew would be like a former Texans QB with our depth lacking experience.

I applaud the move.

Reitz could still be a starter. Not so much with Link. But in a situation of survival mode on a given Sunday, having a guy who can function at G or T is of real value we would agree. Link is weak as a T, but he is capable of improvement. He may not peak as a RT for 2-3 more years. :yay:  :yay:

I speckon y'all are right.

I still hope they both get beat out of camp. ;)