Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agent Safety Quintin Mikell

Has apparently been cut by the new regime in St. Louis as a cap savings move. 9 years in the league, he was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2003. Not sure if you can walk that back to Grigson or not. But I assume there is some familiarity nonetheless. In 155 games over 10 seasons, Mikell has 12 interceptions and eight sacks.

QM_zpsdeb477ab.jpg

He's on the far side of 30.... 

I'm doubtful how many (if any) FA's Grigson wants to sign who are over 30 years old....

In the small sample size we have of his FA selections, it seems to be a mixed bag. He signed Cory Redding last year right? I think the point is, he wants to get younger for sure...but adding one guy to help out for a few years isn't going to throw a wrench in the youth movement. 

I almost posted this topic last night, but I'm not sure how I feel about Mikell. He's a FS, so that would allow Bethea to occupy the same position he's been playing the past few years and where he's better suited these days. If he comes at the right price, I'm definitely ok with it. He's a step up from Zibs, so it can't hurt as a stop-gap while we groom a replacement.