Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Would You Cut On The Colts Given The Opportunity?

hurricane1122

Larry Coyer!

Ray Rychleski!

Pete Metzelars!

Yes, I know there not players, but may as well start from here.

agree but can a new staff & what should be a great draft pick help with Manning s return, even if we had chance for luck, id trade down a bit , still get top 10 draft pick plus extra pick or 2 pending round if they know Peyton will be back next year

Ned a run stuffer, another OL or need ljalana soon to step in, link is bad & that gives him credit, A good CB, Lacey gets killed each game, & safety depth and somewhere another target for peyton though Garcon has caught well ( though how many chances has he had ), Wayne ist game was intense TD catch

who doesnt want peyton to get another ring

this years teams are polarized , with top tiers who QBs are putting up intense #'s

If I had a chance to cut 5 players on the roster it would be:

linkenbach

lacey

foster

gonzalez

brown/hughes (because combined they only equal 1 player, maybe)

I would not cut any of those guys, except for DOnald Brown. We need them because even though they're not good starters, they provide good depth, and that's what we need. If we cut Link, we have 2 tackles, and 2 start. Foster is a backup. Without Gonzo, one injury could hurt us, so he's needed for depth for now, but he's probably gone after this year. Jerry Hughes is depth/backup. DB is useless because we have Addai starting, Carter backing up, and Evans has potential. Brown is looking real bad.

Ray Rychleski!

The guy has done nothing with the special teams and has shown absolutely no improvement this year.

The guys are undisciplined and cannot make a play when it matters. We punt ball late in the game and what does the punt coverage team do? They promptly give up a 43 yard punt return to Cribbs putting the ball on our 28 yard line. That basically sealed the game for us.

agree but can a new staff & what should be a great draft pick help with Manning s return, even if we had chance for luck, id trade down a bit , still get top 10 draft pick plus extra pick or 2 pending round if they know Peyton will be back next year

Ned a run stuffer, another OL or need ljalana soon to step in, link is bad & that gives him credit, A good CB, Lacey gets killed each game, & safety depth and somewhere another target for peyton though Garcon has caught well ( though how many chances has he had ), Wayne ist game was intense TD catch

who doesnt want peyton to get another ring

this years teams are polarized , with top tiers who QBs are putting up intense #'s

I think they almost have to get new coaches at these posistions. Each have had several yrs. now to get things straightned out and they have actually regressed. I know we need definite upgrades at several posistions but I still think if we had the 1st overall pick we have to draft Luck. No! He's not going to help right away if Manning comes back healthy as ever, but I just don't think you can pass on a talent like him. Now, If the Colts had the 2nd or 3rd pick and Luck is indeed gone, then it would be a good idea to trade down and stockpile as many picks as possible.

Larry Coyer!

Ray Rychleski!

Pete Metzelars!

Yes, I know there not players, but may as well start from here.

I agree with Rychleski. The ST kick / punt coverage continues to be atrocious with zero improvement under his stewardship and they continue to cost the Colts ball games. This week, lack of coverage directly led to 10 points. Take those 10 points off the board and it's a 19 - 17 Colts win. I would fire him after the next game if things do not drastically improve.

I might agree with Metzelars. A non OL player coaching the OL?! His promotion to OL Coach never made sense to me and I have seen nothing so far since Mudd left to change my concern. I really question the viability of Metz as an OL coach. I would not get rid of him right now, though. After the season, maybe, depending on how things play out.

Coyer I am willing to give the season, and likely another, before I would putt the trigger on him.

Player-wise, if Gonzo cannot contribute within the next three weeks, I would axe him.

I agree with Rychleski. The ST kick / punt coverage continues to be atrocious with zero improvement under his stewardship and they continue to cost the Colts ball games. This week, lack of coverage directly led to 10 points. Take those 10 points off the board and it's a 19 - 17 Colts win. I would fire him after the next game if things do not drastically improve.

I might agree with Metzelars. A non OL player coaching the OL?! His promotion to OL Coach never made sense to me and I have seen nothing so far since Mudd left to change my concern. I really question the viability of Metz as an OL coach. I would not get rid of him right now, though. After the season, maybe, depending on how things play out.

Coyer I am willing to give the season, and likely another, before I would putt the trigger on him.

Player-wise, if Gonzo cannot contribute within the next three weeks, I would axe him.

How long does it take for a D-coor. to implement his system? They have regressed and you can't blame that solely on the personel. Coyer has had enough time to make his mark and unfortunately its an F-.

I would cut 1. Gonzo 2. Brown 3. Hughes. Three players that will not contribute to our team

someone please explain to me why you would cut those players.... who would you bring in? someone that doesnt know the system and still wont start? if those players were cut they would go on another team and actually have an opportunity to start and i would not be surprised if they were really good at it either....

Linkenbach.

The guy is just awful. He may seriously be the worst starter of all time at any position.

Donald Brown.

See if the Chiefs or some other team is desperate enough to trade for him. If not, it's time to give up.

The coaching staff.

Why cut Lacey? You people who want him gone really don't watch closely... Lacey is a decent nickel/dime back and he's been effective in that role for us in years past.

At this point cutting Gonzo makes no sense at all... His salary has been paid, he counts against our cap, and he's ready to play, he's just not seeing the field because our offense is watered down, and we're so bad at blocking we need more TE's on the field than we do WR's.

Linkenbach.

The guy is just awful. He may seriously be the worst starter of all time at any position.

Donald Brown.

See if the Chiefs or some other team is desperate enough to trade for him. If not, it's time to give up.

The coaching staff.

Why cut Lacey? You people who want him gone really don't watch closely... Lacey is a decent nickel/dime back and he's been effective in that role for us in years past.

At this point cutting Gonzo makes no sense at all... His salary has been paid, he counts against our cap, and he's ready to play, he's just not seeing the field because our offense is watered down, and we're so bad at blocking we need more TE's on the field than we do WR's.

I have been surprised by the venom being thrown Lacey's way today. I saw him make two or three great wrap up low tackles on Hillis yesterday that saved us huge yards. If Bullitt had wrapped up Hillis like that late in the game they might not have gotten that last TD. I know he is small for a DB, but then he is not alone in that regard. Our team philosophy seams to be draft the smallest player available at each position. On a side note did they drop all the old forum sign info? I just had to re-register to get on the forum. Haven't been posting until today so I didn't realize I was no longer a member.

I think they almost have to get new coaches at these posistions. Each have had several yrs. now to get things straightned out and they have actually regressed. I know we need definite upgrades at several posistions but I still think if we had the 1st overall pick we have to draft Luck. No! He's not going to help right away if Manning comes back healthy as ever, but I just don't think you can pass on a talent like him. Now, If the Colts had the 2nd or 3rd pick and Luck is indeed gone, then it would be a good idea to trade down and stockpile as many picks as possible.

cant really argue, u never know how a collefge player esp a QB will be in NFL, Leaf supposedly had such upside, mannings scouting teport i have still says he may have already reached his potential, will be a good QB in NFL, but not a HOF in short

said

PRE DRAFT SCOUTING

CNN/SI War Room Value Board:

Limited Upside

May Not Have Hall Of Fame Skills

No Gun For An Arm

Potential Flaws

its 2/3 down my direct colts homepage

My link

so u never know, Luck is closest thing to sure bet since Peyton, But Peyton deserves a few more parts and at least 1 more ring, he has given us to much of himself , Just my opinion, yours is just as valid & understand it

If I had a chance to cut 5 players on the roster it would be:

linkenbach

lacey

foster

gonzalez

brown/hughes (because combined they only equal 1 player, maybe)

Seriously.. and replace the "futile five" with who?

I love the old Bill Parcells quote..

"YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE".

So true.

Linkenbach.

Donald Brown.

The coaching staff.

Close, but I think I'd have to give that award to Gilbert Gardner! now he was REALLY BAD!