Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confidence Level High!

turner46992

I have to say, after watching the game over and a few player interviews that my confidence for the colts this week and the upcoming weeks are high. I seen in the game the mistakes made were minor mistakes that lead to huge changes. Link missed alot of assignments, simply could have been a communication error, I dont think he is not trained well, or that he cant compete at this level. I mean he isnt a pro bowl linemen by any means. Collins didnt have any interception last week but had fumbles(mainly due to missed assignments from the line). Our running backs did well last week and I look for that to continue. Defense just didnt get any pressure and our Dbs played off receivers. This week I think the Dline will get better pressure and our Dbs unfortunately I dont see changing.Lb are banged up but I think the players that will play in there place are better options, just my opinion. and then special teams, that is what will make or break this game. I know and im sure most of you know it, we have to stop cribbs and that will be the challenge

Its only up to the colts to fix that issue, which sticks out to be the main issue, now think about the browns..a big body back but slow(against one of the fastest Defense in the league). Young QB(who will make mistakes and not know how to handle pressure). Our D will have to win this game if our offense cant, but I think we will see a new team out there come sunday and The colts will take this WIn and run with it

Last I heard, Gary Brackett and Ernie Sims are injured. Peyton is obviously out. We were awful in every facet of last week's game. As for Peyton Hillis, he actually has surprisingly great speed and can turn the outside effectively (ex. The New England game last season). But what scares me about him isn't the speed, it's the strength. You don't need to be fast against the Colts - just run up the middle e-v-e-r-y single play, and watch what happens. It's an easy 5yds e-v-e-r-y single time, and with both Gary Brackett and Ernie Sims presumably not playing, it will only get worse.

Also, Colt McCoy wont be rattled, because we've been struggling to get pressure on QB's. Plus, with Hillis inside run game, Freeney and Mathis will have to account for the gaps instead of the outside, compromising our pass rush.

Finally, don't forget about Joshua Cribbs - one of the best return men in the NFL, perhaps second only to Devin Hester. Cribbs will burn us, big time.

Not to be the devil's advocate to this topic, but it wont even be close. Browns 28 - Colts 7. I don't feel bad though, cause Andrew Luck will be a Colt! ::Party time::

Last I heard, Gary Brackett and Ernie Sims are injured. Peyton is obviously out. We were awful in every facet of last week's game. As for Peyton Hillis, he actually has surprisingly great speed and can turn the outside effectively (ex. The New England game last season). But what scares me about him isn't the speed, it's the strength. You don't need to be fast against the Colts - just run up the middle e-v-e-r-y single play, and watch what happens. It's an easy 5yds e-v-e-r-y single time, and with both Gary Brackett and Ernie Sims presumably not playing, it will only get worse.

Also, Colt McCoy wont be rattled, because we've been struggling to get pressure on QB's. Plus, with Hillis inside run game, Freeney and Mathis will have to account for the gaps instead of the outside, compromising our pass rush.

Finally, don't forget about Joshua Cribbs - one of the best return men in the NFL, perhaps second only to Devin Hester. Cribbs will burn us, big time.

Not to be the devil's advocate to this topic, but it wont even be close. Browns 28 - Colts 7. I don't feel bad though, cause Andrew Luck will be a Colt! ::Party time::

you could be right, and then again you could be wrong..im going to still say we improve on the mistakes and win this game..not easily but we will win.

you could be right, and then again you could be wrong..im going to still say we improve on the mistakes and win this game..not easily but we will win.

Until we see this team play hard physical football, I'm not sure we can a game? 2 point underdog to browns. Plus it seems like team isn't ready to play unless Manning is in. If we step up and play real football, not the tricky style, I will look for a painter at QB, and lets get going on next year??????

I have to say, after watching the game over and a few player interviews that my confidence for the colts this week and the upcoming weeks are high. I seen in the game the mistakes made were minor mistakes that lead to huge changes. Link missed alot of assignments, simply could have been a communication error, I dont think he is not trained well, or that he cant compete at this level. I mean he isnt a pro bowl linemen by any means. Collins didnt have any interception last week but had fumbles(mainly due to missed assignments from the line). Our running backs did well last week and I look for that to continue. Defense just didnt get any pressure and our Dbs played off receivers. This week I think the Dline will get better pressure and our Dbs unfortunately I dont see changing.Lb are banged up but I think the players that will play in there place are better options, just my opinion. and then special teams, that is what will make or break this game. I know and im sure most of you know it, we have to stop cribbs and that will be the challenge

Its only up to the colts to fix that issue, which sticks out to be the main issue, now think about the browns..a big body back but slow(against one of the fastest Defense in the league). Young QB(who will make mistakes and not know how to handle pressure). Our D will have to win this game if our offense cant, but I think we will see a new team out there come sunday and The colts will take this WIn and run with it

You are being optimistic but it is pretty hard to expect the Colts to get better pressure in this one when Freeney will probably get shut down by Joe Thomas. That guy pretty much owned Freeney the last time he faced him.

Reading some of these posts reminds me of a game at the old RCA Dome with the Falcons and Mike Vick. The talk leading up to the game was that Vick was going to run wild on us and that the Colts could do nothing about it. Freeney ate him alive. We had the ability last week, we lacked the intensity. This week, at home, will change things. Cribbs is an amazing talent, as is Peyton Hillis. I still think we can stop them. I actually like having Angerer at MLB. He was all over the field last week. I like Conner and Hagler. I do not think we will be as soft in the middle. If we can stop them a couple of times early, we can, and will, take the lead....and the game.

On playbook on nfl network they were pointing out alot of mistakes on the Oline and i have to agree with them, as "fans" there are somethings we dont see but according to playbook and i agree the colts Oline had a very poor game and it was individual mistakes.

I am surprised really that most of the talking heads have picked the Colts to win this game. Not that I don't think we won't, because I always think we will win. I'm just thinking with Kerry not being here any longer than he has been, and the learning curve involved with getting used to the difference in his playing style and Peytons, that there is such a huge majority saying we will win this game.

Brackett out wont hurt because Angerer will take his place, and in my worthless opinion, is as good 90% of the time as Brackett. No drop off. Some things might even be better.

Sims is a non-issue. He has zero experience in our system, so the change to (most likely) Wheeler will not be noticeable. And if Wheeler plays like he did a couple times in the pre-season, it could be a good move.

They werent awful in every aspect. 4YPC is not awful. Yeah its only one category, but you said every aspect...

Im with you on the run stopping. Hopefully they will get it corrected, because they can, and have in the past, but they need to get it done now. This will be a big test.

Dont count Freeney out. He doesnt like to be shut down, and I think he will have a better game against McCoy. One hit from either he or Mathis, and McCoy will be rushing the rest of the game...not to mention that one hit is like blood in the water to the Colts D.

I dont see Cribbs doing that at all. Might be good, but if its booted out of the endzone, like it should be, there will be no return. Punts, well, hopefully Pat kicks them high, because last week he was out-kicking the coverage. They were getting there after the returner had already gone a few yards. They need to be meeting him at the ball, not trying to catch him as he is already running full speed...

I dont have a clue what Colts team will show up, but Im hoping for the one who is POed about last week, and is going to do something about it, and show the rest of the NFL that they are contenders still without Manning.

If the same team shows up that shows up last week, its going to be another long day...

that there is such a huge majority saying we will win this game.

I think everyone is picking us because this will be the nail in the coffin of the year if we can't win. pundits aren't quite ready to give up on us, but if we drop this one, the 0-16 or 1-15 talk will begin.

its the freakin browns. we lose, its all over.

On playbook on nfl network they were pointing out alot of mistakes on the Oline and i have to agree with them, as "fans" there are somethings we dont see but according to playbook and i agree the colts Oline had a very poor game and it was individual mistakes.

Good point...The O-Line was playing together for the first time and they looked bad, especially in the first half.

But a full week of practice should help the rookie and O-Line problems are correctable if you have talent there..

I think we do.

If they protect well..you guys will see how Collins held a job for 14 years..

Until we see this team play hard physical football, I'm not sure we can a game? 2 point underdog to browns. Plus it seems like team isn't ready to play unless Manning is in. If we step up and play real football, not the tricky style, I will look for a painter at QB, and lets get going on next year??????

This is the Browns, right?> The 0-1 Browns???

Not the Packers..

Dial this stuff up when Pittsburgh gets here...

This is the Browns, right?> The 0-1 Browns???

Not the Packers..

Dial this stuff up when Pittsburgh gets here...

I don't get your point here. The Colts are also 0-1, so whats the difference? The Browns have some nice players and if people think this game is going to be a cakewalk they are going to be severely dissappointed. Im telling ya right now, if the Colts come out and play anywhere near as bad as they did last week, they will get trounced again.

You are being optimistic but it is pretty hard to expect the Colts to get better pressure in this one when Freeney will probably get shut down by Joe Thomas. That guy pretty much owned Freeney the last time he faced him.

I don't think that is true, 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and 4 QB pressures is a pretty good game for a DE who is not supposed to focus on the run much.

Here's hoping they stink more than we do. It will be close.

I'm guessing the O-line looks better than last week, but only because it's up against the Browns. The defense, special teams, and a daily dose of Diem false starts per the norm do nothing to help.

0-2.

We can still pull this off thanks to the Browns' ineptitude, but our opponents always seem to save their stupid mistakes for teams OTHER than us. (Aside from the Texans/Go Rosencopter, go!)

we suck without peyton and are gonna lose. lets be for real and peyton is an * for having kneck surgery in june. we wont stop the run because hillis is a power back and our dt are 125 pounds and we play a style of defence that just sits and waits and never applies pressure so if we dont have a lead we are screwed. we have no run stuffers or play makers smh 52 bums and peyton manning should be our team name. polian is the worst gm in football sign some proven players ot undrafted rookies. *

we suck without peyton and are gonna lose. lets be for real and peyton is an * for having kneck surgery in june. we wont stop the run because hillis is a power back and our dt are 125 pounds and we play a style of defence that just sits and waits and never applies pressure so if we dont have a lead we are screwed. we have no run stuffers or play makers smh 52 bums and peyton manning should be our team name. polian is the worst gm in football sign some proven players ot undrafted rookies. *

Let's just leave these right here until tomorrow...

You have just raised my hopes even more that we will win tomorrow. Everything you say is wrong, always wrong. So this gives us great hope.

BTW....there is no "k" in the word "neck".

Hidden

Another spoiled fan who just had his first beer. "I Pwns the interwebz!"

Reading some of these posts reminds me of a game at the old RCA Dome with the Falcons and Mike Vick. The talk leading up to the game was that Vick was going to run wild on us and that the Colts could do nothing about it. Freeney ate him alive. We had the ability last week, we lacked the intensity. This week, at home, will change things. Cribbs is an amazing talent, as is Peyton Hillis. I still think we can stop them. I actually like having Angerer at MLB. He was all over the field last week. I like Conner and Hagler. I do not think we will be as soft in the middle. If we can stop them a couple of times early, we can, and will, take the lead....and the game.

Completely agree

Pittsburgh is also 0-1 and they got stomped worse than we did. They don't have even have a good excuse.

This is not a good comparison. Pittsburgh's outlook for this season is still entirely different from the Colts. As long as Pittsburgh has Rothlesberger they have playoff aspirations. Heck they even showed last year that they can win games without him because they can run the football and play smash mouth defense! Two things the Colts have not done consistently. The Colts are Manningless and appear to have very little chance of making the playoffs this year. Pittsburgh's loss to Baltimore this year was more akin to the Colts loss to the Texans last year in that both were solid teams with a good chance to make the post season despite being routed in the road opener by a fired up and frustrated division rival. The same can't be said of the Colts this year. The Houston loss and expectations for this season just have a different feel due to the fact that 18 isn't around to help salvage things.

Pittsburgh just ran into a very good Baltimore team that wanted that game a whole lot more than they did and got taken behind the woodshed. It happens. Still, there is a world of difference between Pittsburgh and this year's Indy team and that disparity will unfortunately be on full display next week.