Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Under The Radar Prospects

If u have any body who u think is under the radar plz post anything about and highlights?

Johnathan Franklin RB ULCA 5'11 195

I saw Franklin / UCLA play twice last year....he is a highly versatile RB who'd be a good change of pace back along the lines of Lamichael James.

Plus he's a really, really good kid and a solid team leader by all accounts.

My guess is he'll go in the late 2nd - 4th round....but he'd be a luxury pick for us who, IMO, doesn't fall in line with our priorities at that point in the draft....unless we do incredibly well in free agency filling most of our other needs.

OL: Brian Winters (Kent State), Brennan Williams (North Carolina - I love this guy but an injury will see him slip),

WR: Aaron Mellette (Elon), Marquess Wilson (Washington State - left over an argument with a coach though), Chris Harper (Kansas State), Aaron Dobson (Marshall)

DT's: Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern), Montori Hughes (Tennessee-Martin)

OLB's: Jamie Collins (Southern Miss), Trevardo Williams (Connecticut), Cornelius Washington (Georgia), Sio Moore (Connecticut), Wes Horton (USC), Quanterus Smith (Western Kentucky - again, injury will cause him to slip...may have to miss a year like Chapman)

CB's: Rod Sweeting (Georgia Tech), Marc Anthony (California)

SS's: Shamarko Thomas (Syracuse)

OL: Brian Winters (Kent State), Brennan Williams (North Carolina - I love this guy but an injury will see him slip),

WR: Aaron Mellette (Elon), Marquess Wilson (Washington State - left over an argument with a coach though), Chris Harper (Kansas State), Aaron Dobson (Marshall)

DT's: Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern), Montori Hughes (Tennessee-Martin)

OLB's: Jamie Collins (Southern Miss), Trevardo Williams (Connecticut), Cornelius Washington (Georgia), Sio Moore (Connecticut), Wes Horton (USC), Quanterus Smith (Western Kentucky - again, injury will cause him to slip...may have to miss a year like Chapman)

CB's: Rod Sweeting (Georgia Tech), Marc Anthony (California)

SS's: Shamarko Thomas (Syracuse)

Love how you dug deep to the small schools....the kid from Elon intrigues me Mellette after losing some votes after the Senior Bowl....

The kid Montori Hughes has the skill and size 6'4" and 330.  He ended up at Tenn-Martin after being dismissed from UT's football team.  He seemingly has not gotten into any trouble since.

http://www.local8now.com/news/headlines/Montori_Hughes_dismissed_from_UT_football_team_123539034.html

Don't be shocked,if the colts select DE/OLB Margus Hunt(SMU).He's a type of player that changes games,and will be the ALL-TIME field goal/punt blocker in NFL history,when all is said and done.Even though he's alittle older than i like(25),i would draft him in the 1st.I encourage everybody to have a look at him,before you dismiss this as insanity.

Don't be shocked,if the colts select DE/OLB Margus Hunt(SMU).He's a type of player that changes games,and will be the ALL-TIME field goal/punt blocker in NFL history,when all is said and done.Even though he's alittle older than i like(25),i would draft him in the 1st.I encourage everybody to have a look at him,before you dismiss this as insanity.

I looked......yep, still insanity

I looked......yep, still insanity

Dont think its insanity, he could play 3 or 5 Tech as a DE, he is explosive, has been listed as much as 295lbs(but also as low as 275lbs depending on where you look) and has a quick first step as well as sheds blocks consistently, I think he could struggle anchoring, he is much better at applying pressure to the QB and I dont think would be a good 1st round pick for us but I could see us trading down to get him

Dont think its insanity, he could play 3 or 5 Tech as a DE, he is explosive, has been listed as much as 295lbs(but also as low as 275lbs depending on where you look) and has a quick first step as well as sheds blocks consistently, I think he could struggle anchoring, he is much better at applying pressure to the QB and I dont think would be a good 1st round pick for us but I could see us trading down to get him

Drafting him wouldn't be insanity but drafting him in the first would be imo..and that's what I was referring to.

I don't think Hunt is worthy of a pick before the 5th rd. IMO. He is a decent looking project, but he's just that......a project. Not to mention he'll be 26 yrs. old before he ever plays a snap in the NFL. 

Love how you dug deep to the small schools....the kid from Elon intrigues me Mellette after losing some votes after the Senior Bowl....

The kid Montori Hughes has the skill and size 6'4" and 330.  He ended up at Tenn-Martin after being dismissed from UT's football team.  He seemingly has not gotten into any trouble since.

http://www.local8now.com/news/headlines/Montori_Hughes_dismissed_from_UT_football_team_123539034.html

Thats under the radar

I don't think Hunt is worthy of a pick before the 5th rd. IMO. He is a decent looking project, but he's just that......a project. Not to mention he'll be 26 yrs. old before he ever plays a snap in the NFL. 

I think he goes well before the 3rd just based on his measurable alone will be enough to entice some team, certainly is a project, not close to a 1st rounder