Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The weather DID bother Peyton

oldunclemark

as the game went on...Joe Flacco's firing bombs and Peyton Manning's throws were not strong...

That's why they were so conservative at the end...

the OT interception was a weak, weak throw....If he gets it over the defender....Stokley is open and the safety wasnt there..

......He looked unconfortable all second half and the Ravens played the old Indy Cover 2

and dared him to throw darts...

Meanwhile Flacco's throwing the ball 40-50 yards downfield...

Got to admit....Broncos blew it

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on the conservative part at the end of both halves. They didn't trust his ability to make the throws needed. It's really the only explanation. If it wasn't a physical reason then they are basically saying they didn't trust his mental decision making. So i guess we saw the first big instance of where his injury had a negative effect on a game.

Cold takes its toll on older players.  Champ Bailey took his licks....Ray Lewis was slow to the ball.  The Ravens had the cold and the thin air and pulled it out.

I think running out the clock and not giving Prater a chance was Iceberg on the cake....err icing....The Broncos froze their own chances to win....and Peyton made a poor decision when not throwing well late.

Yeah, the cold made his brain freeze up and he threw across his body, in his own territory, in overtime

B on the T;

That's the truth....he knows that was a horrible decision...reminds me of Brett Farve in the NFL title game a few years ago...

Just an awful decision and a worse throw....

Manning said all along he's not 100%...and the contrast between him and Flacco in the 4th Q ...was glaring.

Cold takes its toll on older players.  Champ Bailey took his licks....Ray Lewis was slow to the ball.  The Ravens had the cold and the thin air and pulled it out.

I think running out the clock and not giving Prater a chance was Iceberg on the cake....err icing....The Broncos froze their own chances to win....and Peyton made a poor decision when not throwing well late.

Excellent point...Brent.

Champ Baily looked like his legs were gone..but Prater took a divot at the end of the 1st half.

Its hard to say..but their top players all failed miserably

people who know nothing about football comment I see.. The Ravens were playing 2 deep zone or man help all night forcing Manning to check to medium pass routes.If you watched the game you saw he still had plenty of zip on the ball.

The problem is just like in Indy, defence can't hold a lead when he(Manning drives the field for the winning score). Just like Indy the Broncos defence failed him..

Also on a side note, the Broncos defence was ranked #3 but still gave up 38 points.

B on the T;That's the truth....he knows that was a horrible decision...reminds me of Brett Farve in the NFL title game a few years ago...Just an awful decision and a worse throw....Manning said all along he's not 100%...and the contrast between him and Flacco in the 4th Q ...was glaring.

His arm didn't look great, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the cold or not.

people who know nothing about football comment I see.. The Ravens were playing 2 deep zone or man help all night forcing Manning to check to medium pass routes.If you watched the game you saw he still had plenty of zip on the ball.

The problem is just like in Indy, defence can't hold a lead when he(Manning drives the field for the winning score). Just like Indy the Broncos defence failed him..

Also on a side note, the Broncos defence was ranked #3 but still gave up 38 points.

Plenty of zip? Occasionally

IMO the whole game was poorly played,and very poorly officiated,but officiating has been a problem all year,allthough its not one sided ,i do believe they are changing the direction of some games .I FOR ONE DONT LIKE IT!!!  This is supposed to be the NFL

Have to disagree, Bailey was right with the receiver both times.

Just was last 1/2 second adjustments to the ball that made the play. IMO

An interesting part of Flacco having the arm strength and GIFT to throwing a HIGH and Accurate ball.

Those were fabulous throws that combined with the receivers Elite speed, gave the receiver a Useful advantage.

Andrew throws a ball that gets up there some. ;) One reason a bigger bodied receiver (than a Smurf) would be nice in our future. You know 6'1" - 6'3". 210 -215 lbs. I look forward to that.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - inflammatory

Who in the world are YOU to say this?  Specify who you mean....and we will skill your butt on football... especially number 18...on your avatar!  Also someone who cannot spell defense correctly.....it is defense in American football.....you can have defence in English football....WOW!  Leave your shots for someone else.....

tfunky...He really did NOT have plenty of zip....after the half and he knew it

I love Peyton but he could not grip and throw the ball well as the game went on. We all saw the six-an front and cover 2..

(I know you dont read every post) byt they played that 3 weeks ago, too..

..and I know you area football genius..but the defense did NOT give up 38 points..

Peyton throw a pick-6 ad his fumble and OT int set up 10 more points..

We can tell the truth about that.

Peyton led 24-21 vs 2007 Chargers in the 4th qtr.

Peyton led 17-14 vs 2008 Chargers in the 4th qtr.

Peyton led 17-16 vs 2009 Saints in the 4th qtr.

Peyton led 16-14 with about 53 seconds in the 4th qtr. to go in the 2010 Jets playoff game.

Peyton led 35-28 with about 40 seconds to go in the 4th qtr. in the 2012 Broncos playoff game

Man, the last 5 losses for Peyton have come with 4th qtr. leads for his team. I dont know if it is a co-incidence but that is definitely not Luck (pun intended :)).

Manning's own words were that he made a bad pass and then he said he probably shouldn't have even tried that pass.  That means his real regret wasn't throwing the ball but not throwing it correctly.   Manning still has touch, but man does he look and sound old.  I wish he would retire.  I don't like seeing him lose like that and people calling him a choker.  Every year he gets older.  It is physically impossible for him to get better at this stage, he can only try to hold what he's got.   

I watched all the game. I didn't see much zip on the pass to Stokley that almost never made it there. Didn't see much zip on the ball that got picked off either.

And since the Ravens were playing 2 deep that means Manning can't attack with the game on the line? If anything, they should have been able to move the ball against that type of defense. And the game was on the line, a FG would have won the game. You attack in that situation with Manning at QB, unless of course he can't throw.

The problem was the Denver offense scored a net total of 4 points and the QB contributed 17 points to the other team off 3 turnovers. But keep blaming everyone else. He still had a chance to win that game in OT right, how did that end up?

No excuses,peyton did not really throw downfield all day.His arm is obviously not the same.

He has said for weeks that he needs the glove to grip the ball well in the cold..

Its not an excuse..its just the reality..

..Manning could not throw the ball well after halftime as the temps dipped down towards zero..

He made a bad OT decision and his throw was weak...but I think the 'conservative play at the end of the 4th Q

was BECAUSE Manning knew he couldnt throw well..and that Baltimore was playing a six man front with 5 backs

Peyton Manning likes to throw on EVERY down...But he is not a bad weather player (althugh he would never admit that)

and now he's even less of one

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - quoting removed post
Who in the world are YOU to say this?  Specify who you mean....and we will skill your butt on football... especially number 18...on your avatar!  Also someone who cannot spell defense correctly.....it is defense in American football.....you can have defence in English football....WOW!  Leave your shots for someone else.....

I cant say all I want just like you...in the rules of course.

He has said for weeks that he needs the glove to grip the ball well in the cold..

Its not an excuse..its just the reality..

..Manning could not throw the ball well after halftime as the temps dipped down towards zero..

He made a bad OT decision and his throw was weak...but I think the 'conservative play at the end of the 4th Q

was BECAUSE Manning knew he couldnt throw well..and that Baltimore was playing a six man front with 5 backs

Peyton Manning likes to throw on EVERY down...But he is not a bad weather player (althugh he would never admit that)

and now he's even less of one

he is also a smart QB knowing Reed and the other safety were playing two deep zone all night. He would have been throwing into double coverage if he went long..

then everyone would be complain why he threw into double coverage. make up your mind people.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - more personal squabbles
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - more personal squabbles
I cant say all I want just like you...in the rules of course.

Yup...and get skilled like you are so far....:)  Great job Einstein of the 'defence'   :huthut:  :spit: Gonna just sit back and watch ya get destroyed and laugh  rotflmao  :funny:  :lol:  haha

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - more personal squabbles
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - more personal squabbles
Yup...and get skilled like you are so far.... :)  Great job Einstein of the 'defence'   :huthut:  :spit: Gonna just sit back and watch ya get destroyed and laugh  rotflmao  :funny:  :lol:  haha

sure Albert..

all tough behind a computer screen..

he is also a smart QB knowing Reed and the other safety were playing two deep zone all night. He would have been throwing into double coverage if he went long..

then everyone would be complain why he threw into double coverage. make up your mind people.

....I'm his biggest fan..But he threw the picks and we lost.

Flacco threw into an 8-man coverage and won....

You've got to say what you saw.. Peyton has riddled two-deep zone before..as I know you know..

he couldnt throw well..and he knew it.....it is what it is...

We love Peyton Manning in Indy.....we jacked up Andrew Luck ALL year for passes that Manning was throwing last night.  He made some GREAT throws, and he got very lucky on a couple over the middle.  I thought he looked extremely uncomfortable out there.

I still think the decision to run out the clock and not take a one or two shots at a FG was a telling tale.  Was it Fox not having confidence in Manning with 2 time outs?  Did Manning lack the confidence in his arm?  Was Prater's missed kick a determining factor in the weather???  The spirit of the Broncos wilted right then!

....I'm his biggest fan..But he threw the picks and we lost.

Flacco threw into an 8-man coverage and won....

You've got to say what you saw.. Peyton has riddled two-deep zone before..as I know you know..

he couldnt throw well..and he knew it.....it is what it is...

I would have to agree,didnt think the pick 6 was his fault tho,blame that one on very poor officiating

Flacco threw into busted coverage or lack of it. Champ Bailey was beat 3 times (hit 2) because Denver thinks he can cover 1 on 1 but as we all saw he couldn't. The Ravens were tag teaming Thomas or Decker when either went deep. It would have been 2 against one for Manning. Flacco had man coverage all night with Bailey against Smith while he took chances and it paid off.

I just don't get why people can't see this..Peyton last playoff game against the Jets, Rex Ryan did the same thing, kept everyone back.

Football like the game of life. We all had opportunities but some use it to their advantage and win. Some will come up short (like me vertically challenged - lol)! We all came to the crossroads of life and just hope you make the right decision.

I'm not saying to think outside the box but Manning was methodical and really he and the Broncs did enough to win but the Ravens did more. The talk was the cold was to affect the passing game but the Ravens went long. SF took the road less traveled (running qb)and won. Not necessarily thinking out side the box but you'll never know if you made the right decision until the play/game ends.

After each game I feel that I received a super quality/vision can predict the past.

Hey people all great points and it's great we can all express our views!

GO COLTS!

Football like the game of life. We all had opportunities but some use it to their advantage and win. Some will come up short (like me vertically challenged - lol)! We all came to the crossroads of life and just hope you make the right decision.

I'm not saying to think outside the box but Manning was methodical and really he and the Broncs did enough to win but the Ravens did more. The talk was the cold was to affect the passing game but the Ravens went long. SF took the road less traveled (running qb)and won. Not necessarily thinking out side the box but you'll never know if you made the right decision until the play/game ends.

After each game I feel that I received a super quality/vision can predict the past.

Hey people all great points and it's great we can all express our views!

GO COLTS!

I like your style 100GFB.....nice post.  It was a nice change of pace!  :)

agreed, Jay....It was rough ref day for BOTH sides

What in blazes were people watching where both teams had a rough time from the officiating? Baltimore was given not one, not two, not three, but FOUR horrible calls where all but one ultimately extended the game past regulation. Every single one baffled the announcing crew.

Forget all the massive holding by both lines all night long. (Also a large part why the pass rush for Denver was non existent)

What did the Broncos benefit from anywhere NEAR the magnitude of:

1: Pick Six/ Illegal Contact. Led directly to TD.

2: Fumble/ No Brady rule. Led to 6.

3: "PI" on Bailey. Led to 6.

4: Incomplete catch that was ruled a catch. I think the Ravens wound up punting.

Seriously. Name one. The Stokely catch that was clearly a catch? The spotting of the ball on fourth and 1 where the ball was buried under the pile and you'd need Superman's X-ray vision to overturn it? Illegal hands to the face? There were two flags on the play. One wasn't legit, ONE WAS.

Teams can overcome a bad call or two. It happens most games, and usually is split between teams. Denver had enough to overcome with Moreno going out limiting their pass protection/run game, offensive penalties to kill drives, a QB who struggled on some of his throws with the cold, a kicker who kicks the dirt and not the ball, and Bailey getting schooled all night long.

Thanks to some return TD's, Holiday's effort should have been enough to overcome the mass amount of fail going on.

That wasn't enough, though. Denver had to overcome its own shortcomings, the Ravens, AND being jobbed four times. Denver was only able to overcome one of them. (The incomplete yet somehow complete pass)

I've seen horrible cases of officiating like the Polamalu INT that was overturned in 2005, but that was ONE blown call. This was FOUR. There was the first SEA/GB game this season that had a game ending INT ruled a TD. There was the tuck rule in 2001, but that was ONE horrible call and at least it's in the rulebook. Apparently there's a double standard there.

The Broncos probably couldn't beat NE since their TE's are 2/3 of the best in football and Denver's D can't stop TE's for dung. However, they still got robbed of an AFC title game in spite of their shortcomings. Did Denver deserve to win the Superbowl with their level of play? Hell no. However, Denver sure didn't deserve to have tickets to the AFC title game taken out of their hands four times in a putrid display of heavily favored officiating that made Walt Coleman, Ron Winter, and every replacement ref look like Mike Carey.