Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I'm Rooting for the Texans and Packers

Smonroe

When Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez were having their 2 good year run in the playoffs, the other wild card happened to be the Ravens and both those Ds travelled well and won for 2 consecutive years.

The #6 seed won in 2008 (Ravens), #5 and #6 seeds won in 2009 (Jets and Ravens), #5 and #6 seeds won in 2010 (Ravens and Jets), and no wild cards won in 2011. So, the #6 seed is 3-1 in the last 4 years in the AFC.

However, unless you have 2 good defensive units like the Jets and Ravens as wild cards, it is a tall order to expect both road wild card teams to win. We do have an AFC North team every single year as a road wild card team in the playoffs since 2008 (quite an accomplishment, IMO) and I do think whichever D brings it on the field (Bengals or Colts) to make key plays will win. Normally road wild card wins are dictated more by D, IMO. Fingers crossed.

IF we do manage to win then who would we play?

depends on who wins between the Texans and Bengals.

If the Texans win we play Denver.

If the Bengals win we play New England.  Frankly I want nothing to do with New England again.  I am not sure it would go much better against Denver but I think us playing Denver and getting the whole Peyton vs. Colts for the first time saga would do us more good in the long term than getting creamed by New England again. 

Im pulling for the Bengals tonight, Simply because Id rather see luck go in to foxboro beat the pats and make the AFC championship game Colts vs. Broncos. This way, no matter who wins in the AFC champ game Id be happy with the outcome. Id love to see Peyton take the Broncos to the bowl but Id rather him go through us to get there. and Of course I want us to go. Also Im pulling for the Vikings, no real reason at all. Also I got Seattle beating Washington

I want to see Seattle in the SB, for no other reason that I thought Russell Wilson should have been taken by the Dolphins(Thank god he wasn't) and that Tannehill was not even close to a top 10 pick, Much better QB in Wilson I was sure.......I also believe give it 3 years tops and Miami will still be looking for a franchise QB

Do we have a quorum?

I had one once, but it got better.

I want to see Seattle in the SB, for no other reason that I thought Russell Wilson should have been taken by the Dolphins(Thank god he wasn't) and that Tannehill was not even close to a top 10 pick, Much better QB in Wilson I was sure.......I also believe give it 3 years tops and Miami will still be looking for a franchise QB

I thought Tannehill played pretty well, considering he doesn't really have a #1 WR.  Just don't let him put any furniture together.

FYI..

Boston Weather Next Weekend.

WIND:

W at 9 mph

Details

Sun

Jan 13

40°

33°

Sunny

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NNW at 6 mph

Details

Denver Weather.

Sat

Jan 12

29°

14°

Few Snow Showers

CHANCE OF SNOW:

30%

WIND:

NE at 8 mph

Details

30 % chance of snow in Colorado is usually a good solid chance for snow.. it is a 2:30 game time (MNT),

gets dark about 4:35 pm (mnt) we are very dry and low on moisture ...

we'll find out where we are going in a little bit..( given we win ) don't know which I would want, but we play the teams better the 2nd time.. We play like we did last Sunday .. ( No Turnovers ) we can beat anyone.

Go Colts

I'm still not sold on Seattle. They were 3-5 on the road. I do think they are a good team but I am still not sold on them. The Niners game was a beat down yes, but look at all the other ones, they were playing crappy teams and scoring 40-50 points on them.

I'm still not sold on Seattle. They were 3-5 on the road. I do think they are a good team but I am still not sold on them. The Niners game was a beat down yes, but look at all the other ones, they were playing crappy teams and scoring 40-50 points on them.

It is more about whether the Seahawks can jump out to any kind of lead on the road. If they do, they will control tempo, playcalling, and take the crowd a bit out of it. That is what the Redskins' D should guard against.

FYI..

Boston Weather Next Weekend.

WIND:

W at 9 mph

Details

Sun

Jan 13

40°

33°

Sunny

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NNW at 6 mph

Details

Denver Weather.

Sat

Jan 12

29°

14°

Few Snow Showers

CHANCE OF SNOW:

30%

WIND:

NE at 8 mph

Details

30 % chance of snow in Colorado is usually a good solid chance for snow.. it is a 2:30 game time (MNT),

gets dark about 4:35 pm (mnt) we are very dry and low on moisture ...

we'll find out where we are going in a little bit..( given we win ) don't know which I would want, but we play the teams better the 2nd time.. We play like we did last Sunday .. ( No Turnovers ) we can beat anyone.

Go Colts

OMG I would love a bit of snow and some stuff in Denver if we go there next weekend. Our boys in white looking the angels they are vs. Peyton Manning in that horrible orange color.