Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DL Coach Jim Washburn

BProland85

Why they fire him?? D-Line gave Romo fits last night imo. I didn't watch the whole game but they seemed good from what I saw

I think they are going to do a complete rebuild with a new coaching staff. Washburn is a good DL coach though and if he could coach 3-4 as well I would say bring him in.

The Eagles fired DL coach Jim Washburn after the loss to Dallas. From what I remember, he was a really good DL coach in Tennessee. And Grigson was with Philly when they brought him in so I wonder if we'd have interest.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000104855/article/jim-washburn-fired-by-philadelphia-eagles

Jeez, they couldn't wait until the end of the season? Maybe they're doing him a favor, so he can get his resume out quicker.

That organization is the anti-Colts. I hope we don't get a bunch of over paid, underachieving players next season.

I don't understand why we would need to bring him, or any other coach in. The Colts coaches have done a pretty darn good job with what they have. The Eagles are just trying to appease their fanbase by firing coaches til the end of the season when their entire coaching staff will get the axe, as well as their GM too.

Babin was let go because he was one of the main reasons the eagles were losing. Washburn was perhaps the biggest reason they were losing this year. Didnt want Babin, dont want washburn. guy only cares about his d-line unit and doesnt care what haopens with the defense as a whole.

Isn't that the D-Coordinators Job??? As a D-line coach, the entire defense isn't your responsibility is it??? Sure you could encourage them a bit, but idk thats just my opinion

Isn't that the D-Coordinators Job??? As a D-line coach, the entire defense isn't your responsibility is it??? Sure you could encourage them a bit, but idk thats just my opinion

Exactly right! Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup. Each coach is brought in to teach their players their positions. You get too many guys that don't know/won't follow their role and you have problems.

Howard Mudd, it shows, has been doing a better job on the O-line for a pocket passer, based on the job his O-line has done with Nick Foles. I always knew Vick would be a job killer for any O-line coach, most mobile QBs that hold on to the ball are. :)

The wide 9 technique has its limitations, Andy Reid is just looking for scape goats right now. First Juan Castillo, then Washburn. Just watch Jeff Fisher hire him soon. He has his DC in Chuck Cecil from his Titans days, and pretty soon Washburn too???

But for our system, he is not a good fit. If Rex Ryan becomes available, now that would be a name I would consider for our DC. But Manusky has done a phenomenal job with almost no defensive draft picks, he deserves a couple more years with more talent added in the offseason and next draft.