Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Suck Again!

Guest BlueShoe

Guest BlueShoe

Pretty painful to watch all of this go down. If Peyton is out for an extended period of time then our chances of making the playoffs are slim to none, but the good news is we can get a head start on the draft.

Before my homerism kicks in and I start believing we can actually win every game, I want to have an objective view - If the bad years taught me anything it is that I will try to "reason and argue" why we can win every game even with the 1991 Colts (which I did).

I have a bad feeling that Peyton might not play all season. I hope I am wrong. If it is what's needed then we should just put him on IR so he can heal the way he needs to.

I won't make a prediction with Peyton, but without him here you go:

Wk	Game	        Stadium	                Prediction
1 IND @ HOU Reliant Stadium LOSS
2 CLE @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
3 PIT @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
4 IND @ TB Raymond James Stadium LOSS
5 KC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
6 IND @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium WIN****
7 IND @ NO Superdome LOSS
8 IND @ TEN LP Field LOSS
9 ATL @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
10 JAC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
12 CAR @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
13 IND @ NE Gillette Stadium LOSS
14 IND @ BAL M&T Bank Stadium LOSS
15 TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
16 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
17 IND @ JAC EverBank Field LOSS

On the bright side if we do lose Peyton for the season then we will have some great draft picks plus the world will finally see how important Peyton really is to our team. No way we win double digits without Peyton like the Pats did without Brady.

BLEEDING BLUE ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

GO COLTS!!!

:coltslogo:

Peyton Manning - Comeback Player of the Year in 2012!!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueShoe

seriously why is the idea of peyton being out for the season even being mentioned?? stop panicking people

It is a neck injury and it is not healing correctly after surgery.

This could very well be season ending and don't think for one minute that it isn't possible.

Guest BlueShoe

Yeah thats what I'm saying. I know we're winning the Superbowl this season period!

Please keep sharp objects away from yourself. Trust me it will be for the best.

Ah the suck to get Andrew Luck strategy. I personally think we can also beat Cleveland and one of the Jax meetings without Peyton. That would make us 5-11. Probably not the top pick for Andrew Luck, but we could be in prime position to get the best WR in the draft or whatever position we feel we need at that time. I'm still holding out hope that Peyton won't miss too many games as we can get hot towards the end of the season and carry it into the playoffs. I'm hoping anyway...

Pretty painful to watch all of this go down. If Peyton is out for an extended period of time then our chances of making the playoffs are slim to none, but the good news is we can get a head start on the draft.

Before my homerism kicks in and I start believing we can actually win every game, I want to have an objective view - If the bad years taught me anything it is that I will try to "reason and argue" why we can win every game even with the 1991 Colts (which I did).

I have a bad feeling that Peyton might not play all season. I hope I am wrong. If it is what's needed then we should just put him on IR so he can heal the way he needs to.

I won't make a prediction with Peyton, but without him here you go:

Wk	Game	        Stadium	                Prediction
1 IND @ HOU Reliant Stadium LOSS
2 CLE @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
3 PIT @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
4 IND @ TB Raymond James Stadium LOSS
5 KC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
6 IND @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium WIN****
7 IND @ NO Superdome LOSS
8 IND @ TEN LP Field LOSS
9 ATL @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
10 JAC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
12 CAR @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
13 IND @ NE Gillette Stadium LOSS
14 IND @ BAL M&T Bank Stadium LOSS
15 TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
16 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
17 IND @ JAC EverBank Field LOSS

On the bright side if we do lose Peyton for the season then we will have some great draft picks plus the world will finally see how important Peyton really is to our team. No way we win double digits without Peyton like the Pats did without Brady.

BLEEDING BLUE ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

GO COLTS!!!

:coltslogo:

Peyton Manning - Comeback Player of the Year in 2012!!!

I would agree with you if Painter was our only option. I think overall the team has more talent on both sides of the ball than they've had in awhile. Management was either caught off guard by Peyton's slow recovery or they had too much faith in Painter and they waited too long to get Collins in the mix. Should be much better stopping the run and should be better running the ball with a true fullback now. We should be able to grind out some tough victories.

Ah the suck to get Andrew Luck strategy. I personally think we can also beat Cleveland and one of the Jax meetings without Peyton. That would make us 5-11. Probably not the top pick for Andrew Luck, but we could be in prime position to get the best WR in the draft or whatever position we feel we need at that time. I'm still holding out hope that Peyton won't miss too many games as we can get hot towards the end of the season and carry it into the playoffs. I'm hoping anyway...

Colts would be in prime position to trade up, if the other team already has a #1 pick QB(Carolina).

Guest BlueShoe

I don't want Luck and this isn't a thread made to throw our season away. This is a serious thread made by a very serious Colts fan who is just accepting the likely outcome here.

Cleveland is going to be a good team this year and we would have trouble with them with a healthy Peyton. Colt McCoy is a star in the making, in my opinion.

Jacksonville beats us once a year with Peyton. I would be surprised if we win either without Peyton.

You know, every week in the NFL 11-15 teams win their games with QB other than Peyton. The Colts have done as good a job as any (and better than most teams) fielding talented players.

Wayne will still get open and catch the ball when it's thrown, Collie will still get open and catch the ball when thrown, Gonzo will still get open and catch the ball when thrown, Garcon will still run the 9 and usually catch the ball when thrown. Clark will still cause mismatches for every team.

There are some questions about the oline but those questions were there as soon as they did not re-sign CJ. Plus the acquisition of Gronkowski, I think, shows the Colts are planning to run a different type of offense with Collins or Painter than they would with Manning.

So, I think it's rather insulting to Freeney, Mathis, Bethea, Brackett, Clark, Wayne, Collie, Saturday, Diem, AC, Moala, etc. to say they are on the same level as the worst teams in the NFL.

Guest BlueShoe

I would agree with you if Painter was our only option. I think overall the team has more talent on both sides of the ball than they've had in awhile. Management was either caught off guard by Peyton's slow recovery or they had too much faith in Painter and they waited too long to get Collins in the mix. Should be much better stopping the run and should be better running the ball with a true fullback now. We should be able to grind out some tough victories.

I agree that we are a better all-around team than we have been in the past which is why this sucks even more. Peyton actually had a cast of people around him to make a great run this season.

Most of them will be here in 2012 too.

I bet the Polian's wish they could go back in time and rethink drafting Donald Brown and Jerry Hughes over a few Offensive Linemen now!

Guest BlueShoe

You know, every week in the NFL 11-15 teams win their games with QB other than Peyton. The Colts have done as good a job as any (and better than most teams) fielding talented players.

Wayne will still get open and catch the ball when it's thrown, Collie will still get open and catch the ball when thrown, Gonzo will still get open and catch the ball when thrown, Garcon will still run the 9 and usually catch the ball when thrown. Clark will still cause mismatches for every team.

There are some questions about the oline but those questions were there as soon as they did not re-sign CJ. Plus the acquisition of Gronkowski, I think, shows the Colts are planning to run a different type of offense with Collins or Painter than they would with Manning.

So, I think it's rather insulting to Freeney, Mathis, Bethea, Brackett, Clark, Wayne, Collie, Saturday, Diem, AC, Moala, etc. to say they are on the same level as the worst teams in the NFL.

Look at our schedule man and then take a look at what we have running the show on offense. I like Kerry Collins, but he just got off the bus and he is 38 years old. They're not all Favre and usually by 38 they throw way more INT's than TD's.

It's time to get real. It's not about putting down the other players. I love those players. I love them all. However, with our schedule and the short off-season we are in serious trouble here.

Guest BlueShoe

One of the worst threads ever, the colts do not suck and with peyton gone and a good QB at the helm they are mediocre.. STOP DRINKING THAT MEDIA KOOLIAD FOOLS!! lol

No Kool-Aide drinking here, buddy.

Anyone who thinks we can compete with the better teams in the NFL without Peyton is drinking the Kool-Aide.

I've been here before when the Colts sucked. I can handle it. Question is, can you?

The Colts are a lot more than one player, and I'm optimistic about the defense - among other things. The short-term problem is that everything they do on offense is built around Peyton's skill set.

One might reasonably assume that the signing of Gronkowski, (not to mention Carter, AND Evans, and moving two larger men inside to the guard positions) suggests that the Colts are intending to rely more on the running game this year. The more successful the run, the less relevant are Peyton's special skills. As long as we can pass well enough to keep the opposing D honest.

Look at our schedule man and then take a look at what we have running the show on offense. I like Kerry Collins, but he just got off the bus and he is 38 years old. They're not all Favre and usually by 38 they throw way more INT's than TD's.

I have looked at the schedule. And I think with Manning the Colts are better than all the teams. Without Manning I think they are better than most.
It's time to get real. It's not about putting down the other players. I love those players. I love them all. However, with our schedule and the short off-season we are in serious trouble here.

One all teams had a short offseason. Two, whether it was, "about putting down the other players," or not that is exactly what you are doing. Me, I have long thought that Manning is perhaps the best QB to ever play the game, but it is a team game and it takes 45 guys to win a game and I'm a fan of all of them and believe that many of them are among the best at their position.

Guest BlueShoe

I have looked at the schedule. And I think with Manning the Colts are better than all the teams. Without Manning I think they are better than most.

One all teams had a short offseason. Two, whether it was, "about putting down the other players," or not that is exactly what you are doing. Me, I have long thought that Manning is perhaps the best QB to ever play the game, but it is a team game and it takes 45 guys to win a game and I'm a fan of all of them and believe that many of them are among the best at their position.

Wow man. I mean I want to always stay optimistic, and I will root this team with all of my will, but you can't tell me that expectations are even in the same playing field as they were in.

This is a huge blow and because he will miss one game, he will likely miss more now and who knows where this ends? But it's not good. Brace yourself. I think you're a great fan and I love talking with you, but let's don't play the game of "fronting support" here. Just be real about it.

We might be favored in 3 games this year and they will be the ones I have pointed out. There is a reason for that. We have a few great players, but we mostly have good role players on this team.

No Kool-Aide drinking here, buddy.

Anyone who thinks we can compete with the better teams in the NFL without Peyton is drinking the Kool-Aide.

I've been here before when the Colts sucked. I can handle it. Question is, can you?

You clearly under estimate this team and its coaching staff... this team will not fall below .500 this season better defense much more depth bigger Oline bigger backs, gonna be a stellar year for some individual players who are gonna really show who they are on this team.

Guest BlueShoe

The Colts are a lot more than one player, and I'm optimistic about the defense - among other things. The short-term problem is that everything they do on offense is built around Peyton's skill set.

One might reasonably assume that the signing of Gronkowski, (not to mention Carter, AND Evans, and moving two larger men inside to the guard positions) suggests that the Colts are intending to rely more on the running game this year. The more successful the run, the less relevant are Peyton's special skills. As long as we can pass well enough to keep the opposing D honest.

I think two things are going to happen for you this year:

1. You will be let down with a crushing blow that this team is not a very good team without Peyton

2. You will have even more admiration and respect for Peyton Manning

So lets see if I got this straight.

Someone knows Manning is done for the season, or at least believes it, and now Collins is only as good as Painter?

I remember more than a few people saying that yeah, Painter sucks and we would get 1-2 wins with him. Collins is only 1 win better than him?

Im sorry, but Im not buying it. Collins has never had the talent around him that he will have in Indy. He has never had a team/organization that knows how to win like the Colts do. He has never had Manning to mentor him either.

Do I think Manning will be fine and start sometime soon? I honestly dont know. I dont believe for one second he will start week one (I thought he would a few days ago though). He might be out a couple weeks, no one knows yet.

I guess in my mind, worst case, he will be out 6-7 weeks (Im hoping for 3-4 at most), and in that time, Collins can take us further than a lot give him credit for. The QB isnt the be-all, end-all position on the Colts people make it out to be.

A competent guy with a good arm and good accuracy that can handle pressure can do just fine.

Obviously Painter isnt that guy, but I think Collins can be.

I dont think anyone is expecting someone to step in and run a Manning like offense, but run with Collins strengths and weaknesses in mind, it could still be a magical year for Indy.

No one on the Colts will roll over and play dead without Manning. If anything they will play harder FOR Manning.

Guest BlueShoe

You clearly under estimate this team and its coaching staff... this team will not fall below .500 this season better defense much more depth bigger Oline bigger backs, gonna be a stellar year for some individual players who are gonna really show who they are on this team.

This coaching staff will be lucky to save their jobs without Peyton playing this season. Can't ride his coattails with him sitting on the sidelines.

We will win 3 games without Peyton! That's my guess at it.

This coaching staff will be lucky to save their jobs without Peyton playing this season. Can't ride his coattails with him sitting on the sidelines.

We will win 3 games without Peyton! That's my guess at it.

Right because the front office isn't going to give them a pass for playing without Manning just like any coach with Caldwell's track record would get if they lost their star player for the season (which we don't know if they have or not).

What are people going to do if we come out and go 9-7 or something without Peyton they might have to give in and admit Caldwell is a decent coach that or they will bash him for only winning 9 games and not 13 even without Peyton...

My question is: Will/can we pick up some more talent on Defense to offset the less productive offense? Everyone's talking about how this offense is built around P-money but so is our D! And we've always counted on Manning's ability to get us out of the hole that our defense gets us in in those nail biter "last possetion" games!

Guest BlueShoe

Right because the front office isn't going to give them a pass for playing without Manning just like any coach with Caldwell's track record would get if they lost their star player for the season (which we don't know if they have or not).

What are people going to do if we come out and go 9-7 or something without Peyton they might have to give in and admit Caldwell is a decent coach that or they will bash him for only winning 9 games and not 13 even without Peyton...

Dude I hope you're right and we can win 9 games, but I don't see it unless Peyton plays most of the season.

If we lose Peyton and there is a decent chance it will happen, then we are in serious trouble. It's going to hit you eventually and when it does you won't be bashing the players, just as I am not bashing the players right now.

We can be hopeful all we want but without Peyton, with this schedule, and with this short off-season to prepare for this kind of blow - It's not pretty.

would everyone quit it with the gloom and doom. the colts have taken the necessary precautions to deal with life without peyton. we got bigger on the o-line, we have a veteran qb, and we have a much better defense with the additions from FA and draft. its not like peyton is gone for the whole season. if he misses a couple of games that fine. we are still in prime position to win games

My question is: Will/can we pick up some more talent on Defense to offset the less productive offense? Everyone's talking about how this offense is built around P-money but so is our D! And we've always counted on Manning's ability to get us out of the hole that our defense gets us in in those nail biter "last possetion" games!

Well I am sure if we could we would. I am sure the Colts are always looking to upgrade the team if they can regardless of who the QB is. There were a lot of reports on Saturday we were really going after Merriwether for example. He opted to sign with the Bears over us. I am sure if there is a player out there the Colts feel like will help either side of the ball they are going to go get him if they can.

I do think we have upgraded the defense though. Simms will help at linebacker and I think Anderson and Brayton are going to help our run defense up front. I also think our DT have just progressed and are frankly the best group of DTs we've had in years. I also think even though we lost Sanders we upgraded the safety poistion with Caldwell and Lefeged. We have some depth there which is something we haven't had for a few years.

What I would like to see them do is take a few more chances on D like Coyer did his first year here and not play the Ron Meeks style of defense we played last year.

Guest BlueShoe

would everyone quit it with the gloom and doom. the colts have taken the necessary precautions to deal with life without peyton. we got bigger on the o-line, we have a veteran qb, and we have a much better defense with the additions from FA and draft. its not like peyton is gone for the whole season. if he misses a couple of games that fine. we are still in prime position to win games

Just prepare yourself now because if Peyton is out for a long period of time, we might fall too far behind to catch up. Plus it will take him a few games to get back up to par himself.

I am not kissing the season goodbye, but if Peyton misses more than 6 games, mathematically it is just not there for us this year.

Dude I hope you're right and we can win 9 games, but I don't see it unless Peyton plays most of the season.

If we lose Peyton and there is a decent chance it will happen, then we are in serious trouble. It's going to hit you eventually and when it does you won't be bashing the players, just as I am not bashing the players right now.

We can be hopeful all we want but without Peyton, with this schedule, and with this short off-season to prepare for this kind of blow - It's not pretty.

It'll be hard and winning 9 games is probably being some what optimistic but I think only winning one or two games is being equally as negative. While our team is built around Manning he's not our only good player. I think what we might very well see in Houston is a very inspired effort because the guys are going to be tired of hearing how they are going to stink without Manning. I am not saying we'll win the game but I don't think we go from Super Bowl contender with Manning to the Detroit Lions of 2007 without him.

Just prepare yourself now because if Peyton is out for a long period of time, we might fall too far behind to catch up. Plus it will take him a few games to get back up to par himself.

I am not kissing the season goodbye, but if Peyton misses more than 6 games, mathematically it is just not there for us this year.

even if we do fall we still win because then we get a high draft pick to add to an already talented team

Guest BlueShoe

even if we do fall we still win because then we get a high draft pick to add to an already talented team

Yeah, which is what I said in the original post to this thread.

Guest BlueShoe

Peyton is possibly out for 2-5 weeks, so we are not going 3-13. I'd say like 9-7 or 8-8.

If he misses 2-5 weeks then I would say we still have a shot anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5.

Let's just see what happens. Let's not forget teams in our division are known for not living up to expectations. If it wasn't for us last year the best record in our division was 8-8 and that was the Jags. I think the Titans are rebuiling but Hasslebeck is an X factor there. The Jags no one can figure out when they are supposed to be good they stink and when they are supposed to stink they are good. The Texans have yet to prove they wont crumble under expectations. It might not take a super record to win the division this year.

Guest BlueShoe

It'll be hard and winning 9 games is probably being some what optimistic but I think only winning one or two games is being equally as negative. While our team is built around Manning he's not our only good player. I think what we might very well see in Houston is a very inspired effort because the guys are going to be tired of hearing how they are going to stink without Manning. I am not saying we'll win the game but I don't think we go from Super Bowl contender with Manning to the Detroit Lions of 2007 without him.

I think we will be favored in the THREE games that I pointed out and we can win those without Peyton. I think we would have to pull a few upsets to win more than three games, unless we get Peyton back this season.

I was going to say other than that the Super Bowl is in Indy this year and we all want to be the first team to play in our city it might work out for us in the long run to have a "down" year. Who knows who that pick is but odds we would be up in the draft where we got Freeney and we have all seen how he's turned out for us. In the long run it might work out for us.

Guest BlueShoe

Let's just see what happens. Let's not forget teams in our division are known for not living up to expectations. If it wasn't for us last year the best record in our division was 8-8 and that was the Jags. I think the Titans are rebuiling but Hasslebeck is an X factor there. The Jags no one can figure out when they are supposed to be good they stink and when they are supposed to stink they are good. The Texans have yet to prove they wont crumble under expectations. It might not take a super record to win the division this year.

Unfortunately, I think the media heads are going to finally be right this year and Houston will get over the hump. They could win 11-12 games and if they do we will need Peyton for most of the year to stay in the race.

Guest BlueShoe

I was going to say other than that the Super Bowl is in Indy this year and we all want to be the first team to play in our city it might work out for us in the long run to have a "down" year. Who knows who that pick is but odds we would be up in the draft where we got Freeney and we have all seen how he's turned out for us. In the long run it might work out for us.

Absolutely it could be a blessing in disguise. Plus we will play a weaker schedule. I mean it is not all doom and gloom. But this season is not promising, unless we can get a miracle and get Peyton back real soon.

Unfortunately, I think the media heads are going to finally be right this year and Houston will get over the hump. They could win 11-12 games and if they do we will need Peyton for most of the year to stay in the race.

Yeah and they could have won 11 to 12 games last year and won 6. The table is clearly set for the Texans for it was also set after week one last year and they went 5-10 after that. In fact after starting 2-0 they went 4-10 the rest of the way including just 2-8 in their last 10 games. Like I said the Texans have yet to prove they can get over the hump so let's see what happens.