Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Suck Again!

Guest BlueShoe

Guest BlueShoe

Instead of freaking out and jumping of the bandwagon, or even worse. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. My prediction is whatever happens it will be very interesting.

Nobody is jumping off the bandwagon.

Jeez. lol

I wish people would actually read before they posted.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out for the season? From what I've heard, Peyton will miss 3 games MAX. I have heard nothing about him missing the entire season. Currently, his status for Sunday is doubtful. That means he isn't likely to play, but there is a small chance he can. If he was going to miss the entire season, his status would probably be out rather than doubtful

From what i hear peyton could very well be out for the season, no one knows how bad that neck is... the medical staff dont know why he's not better yet so why should anyone take their prediction on when he's gonna be back. I say let the guy rest up let him stay home and give that neck a break lord knows if anyone needs it its him.

From what i hear peyton could very well be out for the season, no one knows how bad that neck is... the medical staff dont know why he's not better yet so why should anyone take their prediction on when he's gonna be back. I say let the guy rest up let him stay home and give that neck a break lord knows if anyone needs it its him.

No one knows for fact he's missing week one, I'll admit it would be the most shocking thing in a long time if Manning is out there week one right now so I am not trying to get anyone's hopes up at all. With that said you said the key words, no one knows. He could play week one (again beyond not likely) or he could miss the season or he could miss something in between. It's all pure speculation at this point.

I am not sure if Peyton is going to play this season. This sure is not a good picture we are faced with right now. I just hope that if/when we start this losing streak that I see in front of us that other Colts fans have seriously prepared themselves for this possibility. It could be a major panic on this board soon.

I just want for Peyton to get well and hopefully he can get back sooner than later. But as a fan, I also don't want him to do anything that could jeopardize his future health. He just had twins and he has a whole life ahead of him after football.

O.K., I understand now.

You're trying to make sure we're all prepared for the big time disappointment by trying to get us all in a panic now, so when it really does happen, we'll be used to it.

Thanks.

Gives me a whole new perspective on Chicken Little.

No one knows for fact he's missing week one, I'll admit it would be the most shocking thing in a long time if Manning is out there week one right now so I am not trying to get anyone's hopes up at all. With that said you said the key words, no one knows. He could play week one (again beyond not likely) or he could miss the season or he could miss something in between. It's all pure speculation at this point.

This is no speculation peyton is not playing in wk 1 they told him to stop practicing... there's: Doubtful-Questionable-Probable- Game time decision so yea he's not playing. The colts are very dodgy when it comes to talking about injuries, im not saying the lied about peytons injury status but i will not be surprised if peyton misses over 3 games if not the whole season.

Guest BlueShoe

O.K., I understand now.

You're trying to make sure we're all prepared for the big time disappointment by trying to get us all in a panic now, so when it really does happen, we'll be used to it.

Thanks.

Gives me a whole new perspective on Chicken Little.

I am not trying to prepare you for anything. That's your job. I am just giving my opinion. I am not going to say I believe we will win more than we lose without Peyton, because it would be a lie. I would certainly welcome more wins than losses though.

I hope you feel better now. Trying to slam a guy with personal attacks just because you disagree with him. Real mature!

That's a pretty sad response.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time.

You're going to tell me that after you posted this?

Well when you call a lifetime devoted fan a bandwagon fan then it crosses some lines.

... Erm, right. :facepalm:

It doesn't matter how many snaps you've watched, how many years you've been a fan, how many games you've been to, or even how many times you skipped out on rubbing grandma's feet to watch jeff george wing errant passes about... It makes you no more or no less a fan. We all support the same cause. You going on about you VHS collection and long-time fandom and then saying

Well when you call a lifetime devoted fan a bandwagon fan then it crosses some lines.

it just shows that you have a haughty opinion of other fans. Grow up. We all support the same cause, and that's what's important, no all the material crap you've rambled on about...

I hope you feel better now. Trying to slam a guy with personal attacks just because you disagree with him. Real mature!

lololol! Did you really? And just one post apart?

This stuff just cannot be made up.... Really, it can't...

Guest BlueShoe

You're going to tell me that after you posted this?

... Erm, right. :facepalm:

It doesn't matter how many snaps you've watched, how many years you've been a fan, how many games you've been to, or even how many times you skipped out on rubbing grandma's feet to watch jeff george wing errant passes about... It makes you no more or no less a fan. We all support the same cause. You going on about you VHS collection and long-time fandom and then saying

it just shows that you have a haughty opinion of other fans. Grow up. We all support the same cause, and that's what's important, no all the material crap you've rambled on about...

You have obviously missed every point that I have made. Go back and actually read the posts that I have wrote. On the post about the VHS tapes I was actually telling someone that it doesn't matter how many games we have on DVD or VHS. My point was that it doesn't make any of us more or less than a fan. I have always stood up for fans who are younger and just started watching the Colts during the Manning years too. It's not like it is a bad thing that we have fans in their teens and twenty's. That is a great thing! They are Colts fans and I have always and will always have their backs.

You have a serious comprehension problem buddy. Please go recheck the words that you have obviously misread and confused.

I give my opinion and if others have a different opinion then I will debate it and if it is going nowhere then I leave it as we "agree to disagree". I don't see how that is me being haughty over anyone. I have always stood up for every Colts fan having their own opinion.

I think you have me seriously confused with someone else.

Guest BlueShoe

lololol! Did you really? And just one post apart?

This stuff just cannot be made up.... Really, it can't...

Dude. What in the world are you talking about?

You have obviously missed every point that I have made. Go back and actually read the posts that I have wrote. On the post about the VHS tapes I was actually telling someone that it doesn't matter how many games we have on DVD or VHS. My point was that it doesn't make any of us more or less than a fan. I have always stood up for fans who are younger and just started watching the Colts during the Manning years too. It's not like it is a bad thing that we have fans in their teens and twenty's. That is a great thing! They are Colts fans and I have always and will always have their backs.

You have a serious comprehension problem buddy. Please go recheck the words that you have obviously misread and confused.

I give my opinion and if others have a different opinion then I will debate it and if it is going nowhere then I leave it as we "agree to disagree". I don't see how that is me being haughty over anyone. I have always stood up for every Colts fan having their own opinion.

lmao thats what happens when someone is quick to say something without actually knowing anything.

Yeah, ok, sure thing, chief. I can see through the front. Your touting how much of a fan you are behind the "It doesn't matter how much of a fan you are" argument because someone called you a two year fan.

And to top it all off, if it really didn't matter how much or how long we've been fans then just how is it that

that suddenly it does, in fact, matter? So someone thinks your a two year fan. Big deal. But he thinks you're a fan, and that's what's really important. So really, he gave you a compliment. He called you a fan. But no, you got butthurt because he didn't acknowledge you as a longtime fan, because there obviously IS, in your mind, a difference between a devoted lifelong fan and a two year fan. I've got a feeling I'm going way over your head here, but what I've said is there...

Dude. What in the world are you talking about?

Seriously? This is what gave me my feeling earlier... I posted your two posts, one right after the other, and the contradiction didn't leap off the page at you? And it is I who have the comprehension problem? :facepalm: Guess we'll have to have a quick schooling lesson here...

This was your first post. You called my post "sad", which is a personal attack, and insinuated that I have wasted the time of others. First of all, that is my right, and I reserve that right, thank you. If you don't like it, oh well. Deal with it.

This was your second post where you called someone out for a personal attack, and then sarcastically attacked him for being immature:

That is the first contradiction. But that's just a warmup... When you take the cumulative comments you've made and group them together, it looks like this:

A contradictory statement that is further contradicted by your earlier comments. To put it simply (because I'm sure I need to at this point):

You did in your first post to me what you slammed another member for later on.

And it's me with the comprehension issue... :rollseyes:

Class dismissed.

Guest BlueShoe

Yeah, ok, sure thing, chief. I can see through the front. Your touting how much of a fan you are behind the "It doesn't matter how much of a fan you are" argument because someone called you a two year fan.

And to top it all off, if it really didn't matter how much or how long we've been fans then just how is it that

You’re way over thinking this. Have you ever thought that I just meant what I said, when I said that we are all Colts fan and we all have a right to our own opinion? That just happens to be the real answer here.

that suddenly it does, in fact, matter? So someone thinks your a two year fan. Big deal. But he thinks you're a fan, and that's what's really important. So really, he gave you a compliment. He called you a fan. But no, you got butthurt because he didn't acknowledge you as a longtime fan, because there obviously IS, in your mind, a difference between a devoted lifelong fan and a two year fan. I've got a feeling I'm going way over your head here, but what I've said is there...

The person who said that did so in a condescending fashion as if I was an uneducated fan. It wasn’t the years of being a fan. I do take pride in being a fan for 27 years though. What is wrong with having pride in that? I am sure the fans who have been fans for 10 years and 30 years are proud of that too as they should be. I am still not getting your point and being based on a feeling that you had is probably where it all went wrong to begin with.

Seriously? This is what gave me my feeling earlier... I posted your two posts, one right after the other, and the contradiction didn't leap off the page at you? And it is I who have the comprehension problem? :facepalm: Guess we'll have to have a quick schooling lesson here...

I don’t know what school you’re talking about, but if you’re saying that you’re somehow a teacher here then it doesn’t seem like I have a fair fight for a good grade when you have a preconceived assumption that just happens to be way off.

This was your first post. You called my post "sad", which is a personal attack, and insinuated that I have wasted the time of others. First of all, that is my right, and I reserve that right, thank you. If you don't like it, oh well. Deal with it.

Because you were way off and incorrect and your post came out of nowhere. It wasn’t rational at all and made absolutely no sense.

This was your second post where you called someone out for a personal attack, and then sarcastically attacked him for being immature:

Because it was immature.

That is the first contradiction. But that's just a warmup... When you take the cumulative comments you've made and group them together, it looks like this:

A contradictory statement that is further contradicted by your earlier comments. To put it simply (because I'm sure I need to at this point):

You did in your first post to me what you slammed another member for later on.

And it's me with the comprehension issue... :rollseyes:

You’re just making stuff up now. And the comprehension comment was because you obviously have not read what I have said. And what you did read you have taken completely out of context just on a feeling that you have.

Class dismissed.

Wow! I hope someone actually learned something here then. :rollseyes:

I feel horribly spoiled. I've only been a football fan in general for the past three years, so I haven't experienced what most of you have described as 'the dark days.' Seeing as I'm only twenty-one and a girl, I'm not ashamed of that fact.

Despite how it sounds, I don't think that anyone here expects a prize for being a longer-time fan. I'm willing to bet that most of us would trade that "accomplishment" with being 21 again in a heartbeat. The fact is, however, than after you've endured watching lousy teams for years and years, success when it finally comes is incredibly gratifying. All that pent up frustration washed away by joy.

The problem is that there is only one Peyton Manning, and his like won't be coming around again for some time. I don't want to say that there is nowhere to go but down, but if you are still a Colts fan a couple of decades from now you may find yourself comparing those teams to these, and wishing that you could have appreciated it more. I've had that experience with another team in a different sport.

Guest BlueShoe

Quick, someone call the proper authorities. We've just had a level 5 case of fail take place... I suppose we'll be given evacuation orders after that one...

I don't know what in the world has gotten into you tonight, but usually when someone loses it and starts fights with everyone on a message board then it means that person has probably had a few too many. Let's just chalk this up as a bad day and move on to tomorrow before this gets way out of hand.

It's been an emotional day for all of us and I am willing to let this go if you are.

Pretty painful to watch all of this go down. If Peyton is out for an extended period of time then our chances of making the playoffs are slim to none, but the good news is we can get a head start on the draft.

Before my homerism kicks in and I start believing we can actually win every game, I want to have an objective view - If the bad years taught me anything it is that I will try to "reason and argue" why we can win every game even with the 1991 Colts (which I did).

I have a bad feeling that Peyton might not play all season. I hope I am wrong. If it is what's needed then we should just put him on IR so he can heal the way he needs to.

I won't make a prediction with Peyton, but without him here you go:

Wk	Game	        Stadium	                Prediction
1 IND @ HOU Reliant Stadium LOSS
2 CLE @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
3 PIT @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
4 IND @ TB Raymond James Stadium LOSS
5 KC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
6 IND @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium WIN****
7 IND @ NO Superdome LOSS
8 IND @ TEN LP Field LOSS
9 ATL @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
10 JAC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
12 CAR @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
13 IND @ NE Gillette Stadium LOSS
14 IND @ BAL M&T Bank Stadium LOSS
15 TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
16 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
17 IND @ JAC EverBank Field LOSS

On the bright side if we do lose Peyton for the season then we will have some great draft picks plus the world will finally see how important Peyton really is to our team. No way we win double digits without Peyton like the Pats did without Brady.

BLEEDING BLUE ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

GO COLTS!!!

:coltslogo:

Peyton Manning - Comeback Player of the Year in 2012!!!

Lets just keep this thread a bad feeling.

This is no speculation peyton is not playing in wk 1 they told him to stop practicing... there's: Doubtful-Questionable-Probable- Game time decision so yea he's not playing. The colts are very dodgy when it comes to talking about injuries, im not saying the lied about peytons injury status but i will not be surprised if peyton misses over 3 games if not the whole season.

I want to say first all one has to do is listen to the players he's not playing you are right about that. What I was saying is that it hasnt been confirmed he's out week one ie the colts have not officially ruled him out yet. No one knows how much time he's going to miss at this point because the Colts don't know yet he could be gone a week or the whole season or somewhere in between we just have to wait and see.

Truth is, no one knows what will happen to Indy if the Colts have to go several weeks, or even the season, without Manning. It could be disastrous or they could still win 10 or 11 games. Sometimes NOT depending on your best player brings out other strengths, and the focus of the offense will undoubtedly shift because no one will be expecting Kerry Collins to do what Manning does.

I think there are two x-factors to keep in mind:

1. The team could rally around him, or rally around NOT having him. If you follow me here... other leaders on the team step up and say, "Peyton is gone for the year, so we have to man up and do this without him." Despite some of the doom and gloom on this forum, none of you are in that locker room every week. Do you really think Freeney and Mathis and Saturday and Wayne are going into the tank if Manning is out for a while? They're prideful, professional football players. They'll pull it together and the Colts are still a team to be reckoned with, #18 or no #18.

2. What happened in the '06 playoffs? Aside from a brilliant second half against the Patriots, Manning didn't exactly carry the Colts through that postseason. Many Indy fans on the old board even though Rhodes was your Super Bowl MVP that season. You had an historic defensive turnaround and a strong running game, and you know what happened.

Teams that rely almost exclusively on their QBs do not win a lot of championships. That's a fact. As a Patriots fan I know Brady's best years (2007, 2010) ended in disappointment. Maybe, in some ways, it will help the Colts to not have #18 there to save the day yet again.

Guest BlueShoe
Hidden

When I saw the title to the thread, it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

With that being said, without PM on the field, we won't even make the Bourbon Bowl, let alone the Super Bowl. GO MUD DAWGS!

Now all we need is for Caldwell to dress up in high heels and this will be a perfect start to the season.

Truth is, no one knows what will happen to Indy if the Colts have to go several weeks, or even the season, without Manning. It could be disastrous or they could still win 10 or 11 games. Sometimes NOT depending on your best player brings out other strengths, and the focus of the offense will undoubtedly shift because no one will be expecting Kerry Collins to do what Manning does.

1. The team could rally around him, or rally around NOT having him. If you follow me here... other leaders on the team step up and say, "Peyton is gone for the year, so we have to man up and do this without him." Despite some of the doom and gloom on this forum, none of you are in that locker room every week. Do you really think Freeney and Mathis and Saturday and Wayne are going into the tank if Manning is out for a while? They're prideful, professional football players. They'll pull it together and the Colts are still a team to be reckoned with, #18 or no #18.

2. What happened in the '06 playoffs? Aside from a brilliant second half against the Patriots, Manning didn't exactly carry the Colts through that postseason. Many Indy fans on the old board even though Rhodes was your Super Bowl MVP that season. You had an historic defensive turnaround and a strong running game, and you know what happened.

Teams that rely almost exclusively on their QBs do not win a lot of championships. That's a fact. As a Patriots fan I know Brady's best years (2007, 2010) ended in disappointment. Maybe, in some ways, it will help the Colts to not have #18 there to save the day yet again.

Great Post, I agree

Agreed. Thank you.

Since this is ending on a high note (thanks GoPats)...consider this thread closed.

Everyone here needs to keep it civil and remember that all fans are welcome on this forum as long as they follow the rules and the rules will be applied equally to all fans.

If anyone has an issue with a particular user, please make use of the ignore list and if you see something 'out of the way' please use the report feature.

Thanks.