Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game #1 Texan at Lions

ColtsBlueFL

I am not afraid of playing the Texans at home if the game means something. Bring it on. Schaub has major choke potential as always and the D is showing cracks. I mean I know I am supposed to bow down to them.....like Atlanta.

But, wow the Lions are soooo dumb........

Schaub's poise and guts won this game for us. He has been guilty of choke in the past but not this year. Not anymore.

Pride tells me I want the Texans to still be fighting for something when we play them because I want to see how far we are from stacking up against one of the best, we can look at there skill positions position by position and line ours up with theres and the results on paper are not pretty but until we get both teams out there at full strength we wont know how close we are to them, Logic says we arent that close in many areas but the game is played with more then logic.

That's a good point and you always want some chance at a division crown, which I guess is conceded by some.

Fruits that are harder to reach are often more rewarding.

That's a good point and you always want some chance at a division crown, which I guess is conceded by some.

Fruits that are harder to reach are often more rewarding.

We already came to far to concede, Im not up for winning 8-9 games just to get some draft pick in the early 20's or thereabouts with only 3-4 picks (to this point) in the upcoming draft

I turned off the game after Detroit missed the field goal in overtime. I had a feeling that Houston would win on the next play, and checking the score online, found out they did. The Lions probably wouldn't go far in the Playoffs, anyway. The missed call earlier really didn't decide the game. Detroit had chances to win and just let it get away.

It was an exciitng game, though.

Schaub's poise and guts won this game for us. He has been guilty of choke in the past but not this year. Not anymore.

He threw a pick to help set up the missed FG by the Lions in the end. Lions make that FG then game over.

I know he's a good QB, but sorry I don't completely trust him either. I still think it's NE's AFC to lose sadly. Especially if they grab a bye week. Just being honest.

I guess on the plus side we can just about eliminate Detroit from the playoffs with 7 losses. It would take a miracle for them but 9-7 likely doesn't do it for a WC in the NFC. Packers/Texans were both games they could have won though but they got lucky quite often last year too IMO so it balances out to me at times.

I turned off the game after Detroit missed the field goal in overtime. I had a feeling that Houston would win on the next play, and checking the score online, found out they did. The Lions probably wouldn't go far in the Playoffs, anyway. The missed call earlier really didn't decide the game. Detroit had chances to win and just let it get away.

It was an exciitng game, though.

agree with everything ya said except the turning the game off, Im hooked on football especially the NFL, I couldn't turn it off, Heck I couldn't even turn off the Saints vs Colts scrimmage they had last year (hard to call that a game)

The referees didn't blow this one.

There was reasonable doubt on the play: The correct call was to let the play go on. The fact that Schwartz messed up doesn't mean the referees are to blame.

They can't go against the rule book on the call afterwards. What were they supposed to do? Make up an imaginary "fair play" rule on the spot?

Naw the Lions are just boneheads is all. Same story different season.

As for Houston I should praise them before people argue with me again. They rock. They never lose. Super Bowl bound. Amazing tenacity and will to win. Schaub has guts. Wade is a genius.

The original call was blown but Schwartz in (what looks like typical Lions fashion with this team)let there emotions get the best of them and overreacted(Just like Schwartz did with the Harbaugh smack on the back) and thats what cost them that touchdown not the missed call (and many of the Lions quitting on that play).......None of my above statement cost the Lions the game however

He threw a pick to help set up the missed FG by the Lions in the end. Lions make that FG then game over.

I know he's a good QB, but sorry I don't completely trust him either. I still think it's NE's AFC to lose sadly. Especially if they grab a bye week. Just being honest.

I would give the DB more credit but tomato tomata lol. I think the real test will be our game in NE as well, though, hopefully, they will be without Gronkowski.

The original call was blown but Schwartz in (what looks like typical Lions fashion with this team)let there emotions get the best of them and overreacted and thats what cost them that touchdown not the missed call (and many of the Lions quitting on that play)

I too was puzzled that the Lions did not pursue Forsett as he was running. That one defensive lineman was the only one without his thumb up his turkey but there was no way he was going to catch Forsett. I agree, the resulting TD was Schwartz's fault, not the referee's.

I would give the DB more credit but tomato tomata lol. I think the real test will be our game in NE as well, though, hopefully, they will be without Gronkowski.

Yeah who knows about Gronk. And it's the Pats and injuries....you have a better shot at getting the President to come over for lunch then getting the Pats to tell you about injuries.

I am not saying the Texans can't win the AFC. They CAN. But, my God stop giving up so many points now!!! (unless it is vs. the Colts and it's OKAY since we want Andrew to have confidence moving forward).

I am serious though, I always have praised the Texans D. You all are making this difficult the last few games though......maybe a long week off helps.

Two back to back deep OT games, wowza.

Yeah who knows about Gronk. And it's the Pats and injuries....you have a better shot at getting the President to come over for lunch then getting the Pats to tell you about injuries.

I am not saying the Texans can't win the AFC. They CAN. But, my God stop giving up so many points now!!! (unless it is vs. the Colts and it's OKAY since we want Andrew to have confidence moving forward).

I am serious though, I always have praised the Texans D. You all are making this difficult the last few games though......maybe a long week off helps.

Two back to back deep OT games, wowza.

Hahaha I know right? Good thing I decided to eat before the game because otherwise I would have either choked or the food would have tasted horrible, given that we were trailing the whole darn game. Much credit to the guys though, no doubt, this thing is a threeway slugfest between us, Patriots, and Broncos. Those two OTs are not going to do much for the body...but a lot for morale. Only good thing about it lol.

Hahaha I know right? Good thing I decided to eat before the game because otherwise I would have either choked or the food would have tasted horrible, given that we were trailing the whole darn game. Much credit to the guys though, no doubt, this thing is a threeway slugfest between us, Patriots, and Broncos. Those two OTs are not going to do much for the body...but a lot for morale. Only good thing about it lol.

haha poor Ravens. But, I don't have a ton of faith in them either. I know they only have 2 losses but......yeah. We'll see I guess.

There was reasonable doubt on the play: The correct call was to let the play go on. The fact that Schwartz messed up doesn't mean the referees are to blame.

They can't go against the rule book on the call afterwards. What were they supposed to do? Make up an imaginary "fair play" rule on the spot?

True. now that replay is part of the game, refs let things go more these days knowing it could be corrected in replay. And, coaches now know they can personally blow the chance of getting replay officials to overturn a poor officiating decision.

yeah, there was reasonable doubt....if you're 85 and lost your glasses

I too was puzzled that the Lions did not pursue Forsett as he was running. That one defensive lineman was the only one without his thumb up his turkey but there was no way he was going to catch Forsett. I agree, the resulting TD was Schwartz's fault, not the referee's.

Sorry, I just don't agree. It's both. Even in real time I saw that player was down... even on just an HD tv screen. Refs have to be better than that. Now if it looked like he rolled over another player and might never have touched... different story. But that is not what happened. Refs need to stop relying on replay and slowing down the games and get calls right again. Big - demerits on ref grading, and huge drops in the I'll be in the SuperBowl list.