Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos now in line to be the No. 1 or 2 seed

oldunclemark

Denver needs to get home field and a bye in the first round....

..and now....if they can go 7-1 the rest of the way...and defeat Baltimore (the key game)

they get to 12-4....and take out the Ravens on a tie breaker..for that No.2 slot..and a week off

I'm going to go outside and smile.. :hippie:

The have:

Carolina

San Diego

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

Oakland

Baltimore

Cleveland

and Kansas City left.

They can easily go 13-3.

Those old Ravens can be some bad men....at home..

But four of those other teams..are just bad everywhere....(KC is superbad)

Dont tell anybody but you may be right... :shh:

San Diego will put up a fight...and Tampa has offensive power....

...but the Broncos have only lost to Atlanta (8-0), Houston (7-1), New England (5-3) ....

I think they havent lost to anyone of high quality...Its hard (especially with two defensive starters set to return) to see them losing to a sub.-500 squad.

It is the comeback of the year.

San Diego will put up a fight...and Tampa has offensive power....

...but the Broncos have only lost to Atlanta (8-0), Houston (7-1), New England (5-3) ....

I think they havent lost to anyone of high quality...Its hard (especially with two defensive starters set to return) to see them losing to a sub.-500 squad.

It is the comeback of the year.

Houston, Atlanta, and New England aren't high quality? :woah:

No.2 or No.3 seed at best. Never sleep on the Patriots and Steelers.

This thing has the potential to be No.1 Texans, No.2 Patriots, No.3 Broncos and No.4 Steelers if the Steelers split one with the Ravens and the Broncos take down the Ravens. The AFC seeding will primarily come down to the AFC North divisional games between Steelers-Ravens, the Broncos game at the Ravens and the Patriots' back-to-back vs the Texans and 49ers on MNF followed by SNF.

Panthers' game will be closer than the Bengals game, IMO, for the Broncos. Ron Rivera knows to play Peyton. The running game of the Broncos is what this game will come down to, IMO.

However, they did beat a team coming off a bye with fresh legs and desperate to end its 3 game losing streak in the Bengals on the road, so the Bengals win, even if it is a closer win than people thought, was a quality win for the above reasons on the road.

No.2 or No.3 seed at best. Never sleep on the Patriots and Steelers.

This thing has the potential to be No.1 Texans, No.2 Patriots, No.3 Broncos and No.4 Steelers if the Steelers split one with the Ravens and the Broncos take down the Ravens. The AFC seeding will primarily come down to the AFC North divisional games between Steelers-Ravens, the Broncos game at the Ravens and the Patriots' back-to-back vs the Texans and 49ers on MNF followed by SNF.

Panthers' game will be closer than the Bengals game, IMO, for the Broncos. Ron Rivera knows to play Peyton. The running game of the Broncos is what this game will come down to, IMO.

However, they did beat a team coming off a bye with fresh legs and desperate to end its 3 game losing streak in the Bengals on the road, so the Bengals win, even if it is a closer win than people thought, was a quality win for the above reasons on the road.

agreed

Now Denver has to stop this suddenly power Martin led offense of Tampa bay & ravens and Panthers will be tough , getting better weekly

agreed

Now Denver has to stop this suddenly power Martin led offense of Tampa bay & ravens and Panthers will be tough , getting better weekly

They get Tampa Bay at home while the Chargers have to deal with Tampa Bay this weekend on the road. :)

Rooting for a Broncos win and a Chargers loss.

I'm worried about all those games. Startng with Carolina. They've lost 4 games with the combined margine of 12 pts. And they may be getting their groove back after yesterday. Tampa and Baltimore are also scary too. Can we really stop the run? There seem to be improvement but we have not been tested since Foster.

On the other hand, we get to play KC twice still! Yay! And McFadden went out yesterday. I feel San Diego (still) is the only real threat in the AFC west.

I'm worried about all those games. Startng with Carolina. They've lost 4 games with the combined margine of 12 pts. And they may be getting their groove back after yesterday. Tampa and Baltimore are also scary too. Can we really stop the run? There seem to be improvement but we have not been tested since Foster.

On the other hand, we get to play KC twice still! Yay! And McFadden went out yesterday. I feel San Diego (still) is the only real threat in the AFC west.

If we win this week and Martin runs over Chargers in Tampa this week ( just look how he sets up Freemans play action ))), we sit pretty even with us having to play the 3 u mentioned

The broncos are certainly in the running for a bye . . . i think it might be tough to get the #1 overall . . . Denver has alrealy lost to the Pats and the Texans so they are 0.5 and 2.5 games behind them respectively . . . it is good that the two have to play each other so that helps . . . but there might be two many bodies in the way to get to the top, as it is unlikey that all three teams ahead of them pull back . . .

surely the Baltimore game is almost a must win to get the bye as a lost would put them 1.5 behind the pats, 3.5 behind the texans and 2.5 behind the ravens, and then the conference records etc if there is a three way tie . . .

to get the #1 seed they almost have to to 7-1 with one of the wins against Baltimore . . .if they go 7-2 it might be tight to get a bye . . .

NE does have a game against SF and Hou, but the rest of our schedule is doable with the other tough games would be two against mia and one against the colts

Hou has Chi this week, NE, two against Indy and Miin . . .

Balth has two against Pit, Den, and SD

Den has Balt and SD

so it does shape up for an exciting next weeks, a bye is doable but tough . . .

The broncos are certainly in the running for a bye . . . i think it might be tough to get the #1 overall . . . Denver has alrealy lost to the Pats and the Texans so they are 0.5 and 2.5 games behind them respectively . . . it is good that the two have to play each other so that helps . . . but there might be two many bodies in the way to get to the top, as it is unlikey that all three teams ahead of them pull back . . .

surely the Baltimore game is almost a must win to get the bye as a lost would put them 1.5 behind the pats, 3.5 behind the texans and 2.5 behind the ravens, and then the conference records etc if there is a three way tie . . .

to get the #1 seed they almost have to to 7-1 with one of the wins against Baltimore . . .if they go 7-2 it might be tight to get a bye . . .

NE does have a game against SF and Hou, but the rest of our schedule is doable with the other tough games would be two against mia and one against the colts

Hou has Chi this week, NE, two against Indy and Miin . . .

Balth has two against Pit, Den, and SD

Den has Balt and SD

so it does shape up for an exciting next weeks, a bye is doable but tough . . .

Tampa bay has been playing great of late with Martins rushing & thus Freemans play action, Very high score offense as a result, chargers play then at tampa I think this week, Denver plays them in Denver later in year, but also a tough game I would add to ones u note, then again D is supsect at times, Raiders Palmer almost beat them with great comback & no run game

u dont want to play Pats in winter at their home, esp with combination of their running ability as well as passing to cater to the weather

Tampa bay has been playing great of late with Martins rushing & thus Freemans play action, Very high score offense as a result, chargers play then at tampa I think this week, Denver plays them in Denver later in year, but also a tough game I would add to ones u note, then again D is supsect at times, Raiders Palmer almost beat them with great comback & no run game

u dont want to play Pats in winter at their home, esp with combination of their running ability as well as passing to cater to the weather

yes and i dont want to travel to Denver in Jan either . . .

At least the weather will be familar , i really dont know how bad it gets up that high though, but still a hostile environment for Pats

wonder if peyton as weather worsens gets use to it at 36 after all those indoor years

I remember one snow filled day he played well there and made a comeback and beat the Broncos, was back when Vanderjerk was the K, it may have even gone into OT and vandaajerk made a snowy winning FG

At least the weather will be familar , i really dont know how bad it gets up that high though, but still a hostile environment for Pats

wonder if peyton as weather worsens gets use to it at 36 after all those indoor years

I remember one snow filled day he played well there and made a comeback and beat the Broncos, was back when Vanderjerk was the K, it may have even gone into OT and vandaajerk made a snowy winning FG

I think you are right..'B' this is a factor...

I dont think there's anything approachhing a warm weather game left....aftre Carolina this week..any passing team would be limioted by cold and snow

My Denver-born better half insists weather in Denver is better than people imagine. They usually get a few big storms a season, but the weather is mild other than that. It's definitely not as cold as NE. According to the Broncos' expansive media guide, in the 519 home games the team has played in its 52-season history, the average temperature at kickoff is 60.1 degrees. Even for December and January home games, the average temperature for each month is a mild 44 degrees. Another sales pitch used to lure Peyton to Denver. This is not to say that they cannot have a horrible weather, of course.

My Denver-born better half insists weather in Denver is better than people imagine. They usually get a few big storms a season, but the weather is mild other than that. It's definitely not as cold as NE. According to the Broncos' expansive media guide, in the 519 home games the team has played in its 52-season history, the average temperature at kickoff is 60.1 degrees. Even for December and January home games, the average temperature for each month is a mild 44 degrees. Another sales pitch used to lure Peyton to Denver. This is not to say that they cannot have a horrible weather, of course.

when did u leave Denver for san fran

I think you are right..'B' this is a factor...

I dont think there's anything approachhing a warm weather game left....aftre Carolina this week..any passing team would be limioted by cold and snow

lets hope babs knows more than us & things havent changed since she left, all I know is my cousins say cold ,and its afternoon games at home and charges at home at night, may affect them as well

when did u leave Denver for san fran

lets hope babs knows more than us & things havent changed since she left, all I know is my cousins say cold ,and its afternoon games at home and charges at home at night, may affect them as well

I've never lived in Denver. I've always been in SF. And he left Denver some 20 years ago. It's possible the weather has changed since. Though when I visit Denver for Christmas/Thanksgiving, it's usually chilly/cold but on the pleasant side. On the other hand, my man has a real high tolerance for pain. So maybe we should go by your cousin's take.

How has Peyton handled foul weather?

I've never lived in Denver. I've always been in SF. And he left Denver some 20 years ago. It's possible the weather has changed since. Though when I visit Denver for Christmas/Thanksgiving, it's usually chilly/cold but on the pleasant side. On the other hand, my man has a real high tolerance for pain. So maybe we should go by your cousin's take.

How has Peyton handled foul weather?

Not his favorite but maybe can ease into it if doesnt fall fast 1 week to next , more chance to get use to it than going from dome to New England lets say