Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+6) at Denver

oldunclemark

Pick Broncos should have made,. by trading down a second time , Broncos gave trampa bay in first round their pick that was used for person considerred an all around back and 2nd best RB in draft

RB Doug Martin -- & we could of probably got him & wolfe if didnt take Brock Osweiler, who if Peyton goes down is not a # 2 QB right now anyway,,

WHen u r in win now mode pick to win now

Martin & McGeee would be a dynamic duo and he could block for PM unlike Hillman whos is still learning

Not only a great duo but with McGee aging can later be a # 1 back as is for bucs

last night

Martin, Bucs run away from Vikings

EXCERPTS

Rookie Doug Martin ran around the field as if he didn't want to leave.

Martin racked up 214 total yards -- including a career-high 135 rushing -- and two touchdowns, and the Buccaneers romped to a 36-17 victory to hand the Vikings their first home loss this season.

Martin caught a screen pass and sped straight through the Vikings, escaping Chad Greenway's tackle and not stopping until he reached the end zone. The Bucs used a three-and-out by the Vikings to add three more points and stretch the lead to 30-10.

Martin, the first-round draft pick from Boise State, capped a drive of more than 9 minutes with a 1-yard muscle into the end zone midway through the fourth quarter.

http://www.cbssports...20121025_TB@MIN

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, definitely, SW. Just learned that the team is holding him back. He had seizure in August and was showing the sign of pre-seizure symptoms prior to the San Diego game. I'm glad the team doctors are being conservative with him. He is still hoping to be cleared to play on Sunday. I don't know much about seizure but I'm guessing it's a serious thing.

Absolutely BAB, seizures are a very serious matter. I knew a guy in high school that couldn't drive a car as a result of seizures. They are a very scary and unsettling condition to witness firsthand. I wouldn't wish that horrific experience on anyone. I sincerely hope that Porter is A Okay. Take all the precautions that are necessary. No need to rush anything IMO. When Porter has the medical clearance to play, he will play. Gods speed Porter...

SEIZURES

are quite bad but the underlying cause what is needed to be determined to control them

sometimes merely looking at a post op operation with pins / rods and other fixation devices when first sscene sticking out attached to a person even though eventually will be removed can cause enough shock to a system to cause oneno matter how prepared u make the patient for it pre & post op, Ive seen that in few of my patients

Personally i had a seizure when a medicine ( i am on for life ) was wrongfully stopped by the hospital and this med when u stop abruptly throws u into an epileptic like seizure , that was violent enough for me to have a trimaleolar fracture, that is I broke the 2 bumps, 1 on each side of the ankle, and greater than 25 % of the bottom of the main leg bone at the ankle, also many sharp bony fragments cut off the ligaments on both sides of the ankle and the ligament between the 2 leg bones was torn so the leg bones separated, When I had the seizure u must realize that year i put on 90 lbs ( thank god I lost it ) and stopped doing aerobics so ankle not use to weight and when had seizure I collapsed on the ankle

as soon as was put back on the meds when they realized mistake the seizures stopped, this was 1 -2 weeks after getting out of hospital from cervical

( neck ) 5 vertebrae surgery that got infected and then right back in for ankle reconstruction

Now the southwest1"s friend who couldn't drive may have been an epileptic or some other condition that couldn't be well controlled with drugs like phenobarbital so just imagine having a seizure while driving

I have no idea what policy is of NFL with seizures if can be controlled with meds, but no way does one want to see a player layed out flat with uncontrolled spasms throughout his body & possibly swallowing ones tongue ( that's why u hear of opening a mouth and putting a protective cushioned wrapped tongue depressor in to prevent it during a seizure ) and dying from lack of ability to breathe then , as he might be under a scrum and no one realizes to take measures until to late

U must determine that underlying cause, i have not heard a thing on this regarding Porter so no idea

Just found but no answer as to reason behind them

Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time after summer seizure; hopeful vs. Saints

Porter has been sidelined in recent days because of symptoms that led to an unexplained seizure he suffered during the Broncos' preseason.

"I had never had one before, 26 years I've been living," Porter said Thursday.

Nor was there a family history of seizures. Porter recalls that before he had his epileptic attack in August, his heart was racing and his head felt light and dizzy. When those symptoms returned before the Broncos traveled to San Diego for their Oct. 15 game against the Chargers, the team's medical staff held him back as a precaution.

no family history

Porter returned to practice this week, but he missed the Broncos' workout Thursday because of a doctor appointment. He was hoping the doctor would clear him to play Sunday night against the Saints, his former team.

As of Thursday afternoon,

Porter still was hoping for clearance.

"I want to play," Porter said. "Who wouldn't want to play against their old team? All I can do is cross my fingers and toes that everything clears out, everything checks out and I'll be able to play Sunday night."

NFL players have suffered seizures before — most notably Porter's former Saints teammate Jeremy Shockey in May 2010. Shockey, a tight end, returned to make 78 catches from 2010-11.

"I was lifting weights with Shockey when he had his," Porter said. "That scared the heck out of me."

Porter suffered the seizure between the Broncos' preseason opener at Chicago and their second preseason game against Seattle.

It appears that Porter's seizure is not related to a concussion. He didn't have any football injuries before the seizure in August. The Broncos initially thought it was related to dehydration, but have ruled that out.

"We don't know if it was a supplement I was taking ... energy drinks. Or whatever could have caused it," Porter said.

Read more:Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time after summer seizure; hopeful vs. Saints - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2APTl25qU

Thanks guys, but ttats and reasons don't comfort me. I'm just alway scared when it comes to the Broncos nowadays. It didn't used to be like this, but everything seems unpredictable and they are! I'm just waiting 'til our offense putting it all together—then I'll be more at ease. Hope it's coming soon...

How in the world are world can anybody pick the Saints to win? Spags defense can't stop anybody! I don't care how great Brees is...If your secondary sucks, #18 will slice New Orleans up all night like a oven baked Thanksgiving turkey. Are you kidding me?!!

Trust me, the Broncos are leaps and bounds above than the Saints this year. No contest IMO.

Know i mentioned phenobarbitral above for epilepsy but that was years back, not sure what use now as are more specific drugs for varying seizures

I am on an anti-epileptic Gabitril but am on it and other meds for Vertigo, Talk about strong I take it once daily at lunch or dinner and if I forget it one can go into withdrawal by next morning

Sometimes the meds are scarier than the what they are used for, sometimes i forget if took so take a half does extra before sleep rather take more than known as know itss safe to take an extra half does if spaced apart

I am on way to many meds and 3 are really have to be careful with and the valium and tylenol with codeine are not ones I include in this catergory

In the above when Porter talks about energy drinks I just read an article about energy water or something like that that a teen or child died from as has = to 15 cups of caffeine in it, now i dont know if that 15 was in 1 serving or if the person involved drank a few to get to that level but yes , I takle more supplents than anyone and read the warnings and make sure your Dr knows what u r taking due to interactions with meds u may be on,. I am lucky my Dr knows all this stuff and as a dr I get from Medical places and not sire bought so know the purity, some store bought are excellent companies some arent., also I am blood tested a few times yearly to make sure all safe

Yeah, definitely, SW. Just learned that the team is holding him back. He had seizure in August and was showing the sign of pre-seizure symptoms prior to the San Diego game. I'm glad the team doctors are being conservative with him. He is still hoping to be cleared to play on Sunday. I don't know much about seizure but I'm guessing it's a serious thing.

Absolutely BAB, seizures are a very serious matter. I knew a guy in high school that couldn't drive a car as a result of seizures. They are a very scary and unsettling condition to witness firsthand. I wouldn't wish that horrific experience on anyone. I sincerely hope that Porter is A Okay. Take all the precautions that are necessary. No need to rush anything IMO. When Porter has the medical clearance to play, he will play. Gods speed Porter...

make sure scroll for Broncos & Saints Injury reports

I will be made if ex bronco starter& their starting DT Brodrick Bunkley Broncos let go in free agencu counting on IR'd TY warren for 3rd straight year hold back the running game or helps apply pressure

Porter Is Questionable didn't practice again

article on his health

Porter was the only Broncos player missing when the team took the field for Friday morning's workout. He was, however, standing on the sideline, with his jersey pulled over a hooded sweatshirt, when the practice was over. The Broncos formally listed him as questionable for the game.

"Our medical people, our trainers, doctors, are evaluating him," said Broncos coach John Fox. "... This is not your typical football injury ... the player's safety is what's paramount right now."

Broncos having worked on the defensive plan without Porter through the week, it is unlikely the Broncos would put Porter in the lineup even if he were to be cleared later Friday or Saturday. Porter said he has taken part in meetings and worked in the weight room through the week.

Read more:Broncos' Tracy Porter listed as questionable for Sunday's game - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2ARJqM6ne

Bronco Injury Report

all Broncos with minor injuries fully practiced & are probable, only Porter is the ? & I doubt he plays

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

Saints 5th wr & last TE out

http://www.neworlean...ury-report.html

Just for u Babs, got top go know

They think Osweiler is going to be very good...........and I wouldnt have taken anyone from Boise State

I know what they think & not questioning that thought Process as far as future, They love he is 6' 7" ,,

Just saying if as they said wete in Win Now Mode , I would of pick a player for that, Brock is for development &

Peyton as I said if he goes down Brock surely cant stand in for him as a plan B

If Not Martin are other players needed that could of been taken at a variety of positrions

I am more stating my belief I am of the opinion that what was the point of picking a QB now and not who they picked , just wanted a player to help Team get a ring with Peyton & they have needs , as am a Colt fan , once Peyton retires from Denver I really dont care to follow them so yes I may be biased too , Just wanted a win now player ,for Peyton

I know what they think & not questioning that thought Process as far as future, They love he is 6' 7" ,,

Just saying if as they said wete in Win Now Mode , I would of pick a player for that, Brock is for development &

Peyton as I said if he goes down Brock surely cant stand in for him as a plan B

If Not Martin are other players needed that could of been taken at a variety of positrions

I am more stating my belief I am of the opinion that what was the point of picking a QB now and not who they picked , just wanted a player to help Team get a ring with Peyton & they have needs , as am a Colt fan , once Peyton retires from Denver I really dont care to follow them so yes I may be biased too , Just wanted a win now player ,for Peyton

I can see both sides to it.

I would have preferred them draft a player that could have helped Manning now and the next few years, just as I'm sure Favre would have wanted the Packers to draft a player that could have helped him in his final years in Green Bay as opposed to drafting Rodgers.

There were players that could have been had that could have easily helped them both on offense or defense as to where Osweiler is only going to be used in an emergency and if that comes around their season is finished anyway.

I can see both sides to it.

I would have preferred them draft a player that could have helped Manning now and the next few years, just as I'm sure Favre would have wanted the Packers to draft a player that could have helped him in his final years in Green Bay as opposed to drafting Rodgers.

There were players that could have been had that could have easily helped them both on offense or defense as to where Osweiler is only going to be used in an emergency and if that comes around their season is finished anyway.

Exactly my thoughts

Porter Is Questionable didn't practice again

article on his health

Porter was the only Broncos player missing when the team took the field for Friday morning's workout. He was, however, standing on the sideline, with his jersey pulled over a hooded sweatshirt, when the practice was over. The Broncos formally listed him as questionable for the game.

"Our medical people, our trainers, doctors, are evaluating him," said Broncos coach John Fox. "... This is not your typical football injury ... the player's safety is what's paramount right now."

Broncos having worked on the defensive plan without Porter through the week, it is unlikely the Broncos would put Porter in the lineup even if he were to be cleared later Friday or Saturday. Porter said he has taken part in meetings and worked in the weight room through the week.

Thanks so much, Barry! Lots to read.

I figured Porter was going to be held back. I'm glad they are treating this as seriously as they should. It sucks for him but football is secondary.

I didn't get to watch the game last night as the Bay Area is having Giants fever, but yikes re: Martin. I know some fans really wanted him. I just wonder if the team thought Peyton was going to be as healthy as he is now. Given the contract Peyton signed (virtually a one-year contract), they probably had reasonable amount of concern. I wish they had been more agressive with win now strategy, but I guess hindsight is 20/20. I also wonder how high Elway values RBs in general. He's played with Terrell Davis and witnessed a lot of good late round RBs in our uinform... Anyway, we won't know how this works out for a year or two.

I figured Porter was going to be held back. I'm glad they are treating this as seriously as they should. It sucks for him but football is secondary.

I didn't get to watch the game last night as the Bay Area is having Giants fever, but yikes re: Martin. I know some fans really wanted him. I just wonder if the team thought Peyton was going to be as healthy as he is now. Given the contract Peyton signed (virtually a one-year contract), they probably had reasonable amount of concern. I wish they had been more agressive with win now strategy, but I guess hindsight is 20/20. I also wonder how high Elway values RBs in general. He's played with Terrell Davis and witnessed a lot of good late round RBs in our uinform... Anyway, we won't know how this works out for a year or two.

Believe Broncos play bucs so will see Martin first hand, Hes played great since their bye week

I will be made if ex bronco starter& their starting DT Brodrick Bunkley Broncos let go in free agencu counting on IR'd TY warren for 3rd straight year hold back the running game or helps apply pressure

Elvis Dumervil ] is a good starter, but the issue comes with the depth. ]Derek Wolfe is seeing more and more time on the inside due to issues getting pressure there from the DT's and that forces ]Robert Ayers into the starting role. With Ayers nearly playing half of the snaps in Wolfe's spot, that means Doom can't come out on run downs, and it's already hurt the Broncos against the run.

Starting DE Jason Hunter is on IR

above is discused in article looking for possible trades Denver could make

vaarios positions discussed

The trade deadline is approaching, so as Broncos fans, what moves do you think the Broncos should make? Here are a few moves I thought about. Updates will be coming throughout the day.

DE, needed

]http://www.milehighr...rt-2/in/3323811

RB , needed

http://www.milehighr...back/in/3323811

Can trade awaay

Saints want TE THOMAS, as do Jets & Cardinals

http://www.milehighr...rt-3/in/3323811

Offers for Porter

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/10/26/3551142/trades-the-denver-broncos-should-look-to-make-tracy-porter/in/3323811

I hope they find out the reason for Porter's seizures. They can be helped, but in order to be controlled, doctors have to find out why they're happening.

I've dealt with seizures, and they can be bad, but aren't life threatening (unless it's an extreme case, which happens very rarely.) There are different kinds, and sometimes actually look worse to an outsider than to the person it's happening to.

This started years ago and it was found out tha epilepsy. I'm taking dilantin for them. There are other kinds of medicine, but dilantin seems to work the best for me. Haven't had a problem for years.

Believe Broncos play bucs so will see Martin first hand, Hes played great since their bye week

Barry...possible Porter is on Depakote as well? That covers a range from epilepsy-migraines....you would know but that is common for these seizures as well. I was going to reply above, but it would be a to a long comment. :)

Barry...possible Porter is on Depakote as well? That covers a range from epilepsy-migraines....you would know but that is common for these seizures as well. I was going to reply above, but it would be a to a long comment. :)

tell u Brent, Remember I havent practiced since 1988, dont know all meds for epilepsy, or when 1 preferred over another

Med school teachers and tests u in all, but tells u in real practice to learn a few intimately and only use a few for a certain condition , as if u tried to know all thats really needed about every single one & try to use every one u wont end up given the best advice over time

Also as of now Porter isnt on any drug for it, but they are thinking about maybe doing that

Broncos coach John Fox and Porter said taking medication to prevent future seizures is a possibility.

ABOVE LINE IS in middle of article ----------------- POSTED: 10/27/2012 12:01:00 AM MD

Read more:Denver Broncos CB Tracy Porter still waiting for doctors' OK to return - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2AXJlIPXL

Depakote and Depakote ER are used to treat acute manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder.

Depakote, Depakote ER, and Depakote Sprinkle Capsules, when taken alone or with other seizure medications, are used to treat seizure disorders in adults and children 10 years of age and older. These seizure disorders need to include complex partial seizures or simple and/or complex absence seizures.

Depakote and Depakote ER are used to prevent migraine headaches in adults.

http://www.depakoteer.com/

Believe me are tons of Seizure meds from many companies , as said I take Gabitril, an epilepsy drug YET take it for Vertigo

HERE IS A LIST OF 20 & type of seizure used for and many can be used together

In fact I take 4 of them, all save Valum for Vertigo I take daily, yet Valium also helps for vertigo but take more for spasticity of back & neck when feel like it & takle another med as well for vertigo thats not a seizure med

There are links for each on the webpage

http://homepage.ntlw...ss/lissmeds.htm

plus there are many more besides whats on that list in above comment

Brees Relationship to Manning's goes back to Brees H.S. Days

And Drew Brees is virtually The Other Brother.

"Let me tell you how that all went down," Elisha Archibald "Archie" Manning says when I ask about the family's relationship with Brees.

"I was speaking at a banquet in Austin, Texas, and I presented a high school senior with the NFF scholar-athlete award." Archie is chairman of the board of the prestigious National Football Foundation.

"The young man was Drew Brees," who led Westlake High School to a 28-0-1 record over two seasons and the Texas Class 5A championship.

Brees went on to play at Purdue, "and used to show up and hang around the Colts' locker rooms after games, and we talked a lot more," Archie said.

In Brees' senior season, he threw a 68-yard touchdown pass to upset Ohio State. His first phone call afterward was from the Colts' young quarterback — Peyton.

Brees signed with the Saints — Archie's former team in the town where he and his wife, Olivia, still lived.

"Drew called, Archie, who would recommend restaurants, barber shops and neighborhoods. "I was just trying to help him. Actually, Olivia did more for Drew's wife, Brittany, and I think they're still in the same exercise class." Brees bought an antebellum home off famed St. Charles Avenue near the Mannings' house in the Garden District, and "Cooper (Manning's eldest son) and his wife would go out to the movies with Drew and his wife."

When Brees began to play for the Saints, Archie would send messages of support to Drew. But when Drew played against Eli for the first time, Archie's text stated: "You're on your own this week, pal."

For decades Archie was the city's favorite son. "Drew owns New Orleans. He doesn't need my advice anymore."

Archie read my column a week ago suggesting that Peyton and Eli could be playing against each other in the Super Bowl in, of all places, New Orleans.

"I thought: "Wouldn't that be something?' " he said. "I was talking to Fran Tarkenton a couple of days ago, and he's also predicting the Broncos and the Giants" in The Big Game in The Big Easy.

That would be the severest stress.

Archie, Cooper and Drew could carpool to the game.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_21871542/woody-paige-manning-family-business-designed-drew-brees

Brees Relationship to Manning's goes back to Brees H.S. Days

And Drew Brees is virtually The Other Brother.

"Let me tell you how that all went down," Elisha Archibald "Archie" Manning says when I ask about the family's relationship with Brees.

"I was speaking at a banquet in Austin, Texas, and I presented a high school senior with the NFF scholar-athlete award." Archie is chairman of the board of the prestigious National Football Foundation.

"The young man was Drew Brees," who led Westlake High School to a 28-0-1 record over two seasons and the Texas Class 5A championship.

Brees went on to play at Purdue, "and used to show up and hang around the Colts' locker rooms after games, and we talked a lot more," Archie said.

In Brees' senior season, he threw a 68-yard touchdown pass to upset Ohio State. His first phone call afterward was from the Colts' young quarterback — Peyton.

Brees signed with the Saints — Archie's former team in the town where he and his wife, Olivia, still lived.

"Drew called, Archie, who would recommend restaurants, barber shops and neighborhoods. "I was just trying to help him. Actually, Olivia did more for Drew's wife, Brittany, and I think they're still in the same exercise class." Brees bought an antebellum home off famed St. Charles Avenue near the Mannings' house in the Garden District, and "Cooper (Manning's eldest son) and his wife would go out to the movies with Drew and his wife."

When Brees began to play for the Saints, Archie would send messages of support to Drew. But when Drew played against Eli for the first time, Archie's text stated: "You're on your own this week, pal."

For decades Archie was the city's favorite son. "Drew owns New Orleans. He doesn't need my advice anymore."

Archie read my column a week ago suggesting that Peyton and Eli could be playing against each other in the Super Bowl in, of all places, New Orleans.

"I thought: "Wouldn't that be something?' " he said. "I was talking to Fran Tarkenton a couple of days ago, and he's also predicting the Broncos and the Giants" in The Big Game in The Big Easy.

That would be the severest stress.

Archie, Cooper and Drew could carpool to the game.

http://www.denverpos...gned-drew-brees

See u liked the above, thanks, it makes u wonder how many great QBs and future QBs the mannings and Peyton have helped along the way, Luck to went to The Manning s QB Camp

Their stamp on football & humanaity services is so far beyond just their playing careers its truly remarkable & they do deserve the name as the First Family Of Football

See u liked the above, thanks, it makes u wonder how many great QBs and future QBs the mannings and Peyton have helped along the way, Luck to went to The Manning s QB Camp

Their stamp on football & humanaity services is so far beyond just their playing careers its truly remarkable & they do deserve the name as the First Family Of Football

Yeah, definitely. I heard Peyton say that he wants to give back to the sport by being the resource to all the young QBs coming in. In a way, it's too bad Andrew didn't have an opportunity to play behind him. I guess it couldn't have worked given Peyton looking like he could play 3-4 more years easily. Still, I wonder what he could have taught Andrew.

Yeah, definitely. I heard Peyton say that he wants to give back to the sport by being the resource to all the young QBs coming in. In a way, it's too bad Andrew didn't have an opportunity to play behind him. I guess it couldn't have worked given Peyton looking like he could play 3-4 more years easily. Still, I wonder what he could have taught Andrew.

at least , though not same thing , luck attended his camp, and had NFL style offense in College under Harbough, thats pretty good right their & better than most

This did look like the whooping the Colts put on New Orleans on opening night as 2006 SB champs. We beat the Saints 41-10 then.

Outside the garbage time TD, Brees did very little in this SNF game. JDR is a good DC. In his first year as DC, the Panthers were a top 5 D in 2002. Then he became head coach. His Jaguar teams always played good D, just never had a QB worth anything except a streaky Garrard and the long winded Leftwich. :)

This did look like the whooping the Colts put on New Orleans on opening night as 2006 SB champs. We beat the Saints 41-10 then.

Outside the garbage time TD, Brees did very little in this SNF game. JDR is a good DC. In his first year as DC, the Panthers were a top 5 D in 2002. Then he became head coach. His Jaguar teams always played good D, just never had a QB worth anything except a streaky Garrard and the long winded Leftwich. :)

A5VwdnACAAAkeu8.jpg

It's amazing what Denver can do when they don't repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot. (Outside the one fumble and a dropped pass here or there)

An error or two tend to happen.......but my god they were making 5+ major gaffes in most games this season. When they buckle down and play solid football for four quarters it's impressive to see.

It's amazing what Denver can do when they don't repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot. (Outside the one fumble and a dropped pass here or there)

An error or two tend to happen.......but my god they were making 5+ major gaffes in most games this season. When they buckle down and play solid football for four quarters it's impressive to see.

They looked sharp. Their defense played better than I thought they would. I was expecting more scoring out of Brees.

Speaking of shooting themselves in the foot.. Since they won vs. the Chargers it's easy to laugh about the Decker tripping incident.

I thought this was funny.

tumblr_mc0iq57wP91ra90n2o1_400.jpg

See what happens when this team plays a full 60 minutes of football and everything comes together? A full 60 minutes may have beaten the Pats and Texans, and maybe the Falcons.

Stupid question and thought: One of Peyton's quirks that I like is that he pumps both of his legs when he's in the shotgun taking the snap, or doing a fake snap to try and rat out the defense. Didn't see that at all tonight, as he took snaps out of the gun without doing much motion with his legs, when does and does he not do it?

I liked that stat that showed out of everyone's first 6 games, the Broncos had the toughest schedule in the NFL. But of the 10 games remaining for everyone, the Broncos have the easiest schedule. They get the Raiders one more time, the Chiefs twice, a reeling Chargers (who literally lost to the Browns 7-6, reminded me so much of the Bills-Browns 2009 6-3 game, yuck) at home, the Panthers, Bucs, and Browns. Only real challenges I see are Bengals and Ravens, and the former team shouldn't even be that tough.

Interesting....have researched this.....uses now include dementia patients in early stages.....was interested in your thoughts. Thanks.

Havent researched and really dont know, However maybe if unresponsive to standed dementia meds , as dementia is a progressive disease no matter what, If a dr feels its not slowing at all, and wants to try another type of mind drug he has every right just be carefull of side affects & interactions with other meds in elderlly in this litagous society

Mom is on the standard intial aricept , and then as is standard Nmenda was added to it later both are oral

There is a newer med instead of aricept but mom really didnt want it , its a patch called something like excellon, really only heard name once or twice so no idea of speling but while mom first getting dementia she knew what she wanted and refused a patch

Her neurologist and psychologist ( one writing the RX ) noted it to me and discussed with mom when she initially had problem & still had most of all her faculties, and save for memory she will stil understand anything u say to her and make an informed decision, so I let it be as is no guarantee will do anything better anyway and at 94 with a brain tumor and happy , not chancing taking away her happy attitude, others with dementia often show belligerence , Mom I am told is a delight at her assistted living & they are so glad she is there,

she is reevaluated by the psychologist monthly and i am called and if he ever decides to change / add any meds he will; of course let me know, as discusses all evaluations with me

I see others there with real bad dementia in their dementia wing , or soon to be moved into it, asking what country am i in , etc etc and argumentaative

Mom is so co-operative waiting her turn, asking first etc etc , they cant believe it

As u note early stages to use them, Mom was diagnosed way late as she it was explained to mme was a college grad manga cum lauda honors a from great college and taught for 40 + years , i was told people of intelligence get away with it substituting other attributes to overcome difficulties and hide it, I am told i am lucky i realized it and refused initial eval that showed b nothing and demanded another , then objective testing were so bad no one that had an intelligent conversation with her same day as the test could belive said results

Yes I talk aboyt my difficulties alot and mom, I am vocal & I am open & I am proud

But right now let me realish in peyton having highest QB rating of 109 of aall QBs

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/PYDS/2012/regular?&_1:col_1=9

You know, I'm a Saints fan and if we lose this game, we lose this game...if we win it, we win it.

Both these teams aren't looking the hottest right now,

These teams have one thing in common. They both live and die on their QB to keep throwing it over and over.

I have to disagree with that statement. I think Denver has been looking better and better every game. They're smoking hot now :HFire:

I have to disagree with that statement. I think Denver has been looking better and better every game. They're smoking hot now :HFire:

When this defense is playing this well? When Peyton keeps the other team's defense on the field at Mile High (Or anywhere for that matter) the Broncos are potent!

The way New England played....I am saying still it is a 3 team race in the AFC.....Texans, Patriots and Broncs are very close....and the Broncs/Pats are getting stronger...gonna be fun...go Broncs..(I still need to say Go :colts: :colts: :colts: since they are MY team :))

When this defense is playing this well? When Peyton keeps the other team's defense on the field at Mile High (Or anywhere for that matter) the Broncos are potent!

The way New England played....I am saying still it is a 3 team race in the AFC.....Texans, Patriots and Broncs are very close....and the Broncs/Pats are getting stronger...gonna be fun...go Broncs..(I still need to say Go :colts: :colts: :colts: since they are MY team :))

Rename the team, Manning's Mustangs

I want the Broncos to get the No.1 or No. 2 seed in th AFC so they wont face the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.

(too soon? :yes: )

LOL. Yep, too soon. But shoud it happen, I'd be hold up in a cave.

The schedule getting easier has a 2 edge sword, I hope they obviously win their division, However, I hope they can keep that competitive high level while playing lessor opponents, yes it may help confidence if they win out, but will it get them ready for the playoffs , I think in reality some lessor opponents they could of beat while gelling as a team chemistry wise and peaking Vs The front end of there schedule would of got them truly ready and playing at high level at time needed if schedule was reversed oor at least not as front end loaded

Balt may be only real test and that's without Ray Lewis and , Brain Freeze,qnother important d player lost on Defense

1 amazing stat they still have lost every fumble , or at least 9 of 10 , or is it 10 of 11, only 1 not lost is when Hillmans went out of bounds sunday night

Now that IT last night great but on 4th down drop it , u were lucky u got back nearly all the yards but fell short, mental error yes, but mayhave ended up a team motivation for that scoring drive though stopping a 4th down also should have by itself Good Question never will know the answer

They are renamed the Manning Mustangs & instead of Hay they eat Hay based Spicy Pizza to get them energized ( LOL )

KNOW I POSTED THIS SOMEWHERE< THOUGHT I DID< NOW CANT FIND< UP TOO LATE WATCHING I GUESS,& so happy couldnt slreep , sorry if already read ,