Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+6) at Denver

oldunclemark

The schedule getting easier has a 2 edge sword, I hope they obviously win their division, However, I hope they can keep that competitive high level while playing lessor opponents, yes it may help confidence if they win out, but will it get them ready for the playoffs , I think in reality some lessor opponents they could of beat while gelling as a team chemistry wise and peaking Vs The front end of there schedule would of got them truly ready and playing at high level at time needed if schedule was reversed oor at least not as front end loaded

Balt may be only real test and that's without Ray Lewis and , Brain Freeze,qnother important d player lost on Defense

1 amazing stat they still have lost every fumble , or at least 9 of 10 , or is it 10 of 11, only 1 not lost is when Hillmans went out of bounds sunday night

Now that IT last night great but on 4th down drop it , u were lucky u got back nearly all the yards but fell short, mental error yes, but mayhave ended up a team motivation for that scoring drive though stopping a 4th down also should have by itself Good Question never will know the answer

They are renamed the Manning Mustangs & instead of Hay they eat Hay based Spicy Pizza to get them energized ( LOL )

KNOW I POSTED THIS SOMEWHERE< THOUGHT I DID< NOW CANT FIND< UP TOO LATE WATCHING I GUESS,& so happy couldnt slreep , sorry if already read ,

LOL. Decker ate his share of hay the last three weeks :D

I'm tired this morning too. Too much excitement in one night. Went from SF Giants sweeping the Tigers last night to the Broncos putting it together the entire game for the first time. I vowed not to react too positively or negatively after any one game, but as Elway says, it's getting exciting.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quite difficult to watch.

It felt like the Saints just gave up after it was 24-7.

This team lives and dies on Brees' average 40 or more passes a game. Only 17 times did they try to run it. John Fox owns us too BTW, and we went into this game with that same predictable game plan. Pathetic.

LOL. Decker ate his share of hay the last three weeks :D

I'm tired this morning too. Too much excitement in one night. Went from SF Giants sweeping the Tigers last night to the Broncos putting it together the entire game for the first time. I vowed not to react too positively or negatively after any one game, but as Elway says, it's getting exciting.

Never Know San Fran May win NFL superbowl and both championships, wopuld if had Peyton

Going to rest , too tired to keep responding

This team lives and dies on Brees' average 40 or more passes a game. Only 17 times did they try to run it. John Fox owns us too BTW, and we went into this game with that same predictable game plan. Pathetic.

Heard Saints was a team fox owned when coached in NFC , they announced it last night too

Heard Saints was a team fox owned when coached in NFC , they announced it last night too

Carolina has a record of keeping us out of the playoffs when he coached there. It could be argued that his defense was created to stop the Saints, as he always did a much better job than Atlanta at shutting Brees down.

Personally I feel like the team just gave up in that game, knowing they were going to lose. I'm so tired of every game being Brees throwing it 40-50 times and no run game, not even trying to run it. We deserved to lose that one, this defense is an absolute joke.

I'm sorry, Bogie—I know how it feels. It's never fun to be on the other side.

John Fox's pitch to Peyton Manning was that in his 10 years as a head coach, when his teama scored 26 or more points, his record was 39-3.

I have to say that I was surprised not to see Darren Sproles used more. I'm so glad we don't have to see him x2 a year.

Carolina has a record of keeping us out of the playoffs when he coached there. It could be argued that his defense was created to stop the Saints, as he always did a much better job than Atlanta at shutting Brees down.

Personally I feel like the team just gave up in that game, knowing they were going to lose. I'm so tired of every game being Brees throwing it 40-50 times and no run game, not even trying to run it. We deserved to lose that one, this defense is an absolute joke.

Thats what was with Manning even before SB 44 , he just had to throw and no run and u knew it

What exactly is Tracy Porter's condition.

It sound slike he may not come back at all.

still waiting for diagnosis as to why he had a seizure in preseason then same lightheaded , dizzyness & heart racing that preceded the seizure , a few weeks back during practice, untill he is cleared by a Dr to play he wont, Its an unknown

They are thinking of possibly trying an anti seizure med but that all depends on the Dr Fox said

I'm sorry, Bogie—I know how it feels. It's never fun to be on the other side.

John Fox's pitch to Peyton Manning was that in his 10 years as a head coach, when his teama scored 26 or more points, his record was 39-3.

I have to say that I was surprised not to see Darren Sproles used more. I'm so glad we don't have to see him x2 a year.

They don't even bother trying to use Sproles. That was the greatest replacement for Reggie Bush, and they don't even bother pitching it to him. Just the fact Bush broke out to become a real weapon in Miami shows someone wasn't using him right over here in N.O.

Ever since he fumbled in the Niners game, they don't even bother running it with him, makes me sick. Just runs screens to him that's all, no pitches, no draws, nothing.

They don't even bother trying to use Sproles. That was the greatest replacement for Reggie Bush, and they don't even bother pitching it to him. Just the fact Bush broke out to become a real weapon in Miami shows someone wasn't using him right over here in N.O.

Ever since he fumbled in the Niners game, they don't even bother running it with him, makes me sick. Just runs screens to him that's all, no pitches, no draws, nothing.

That's really strange (and crazy). He's so much better than Bush if you ask me. He's done so many things to kill us time and time again.

He had a run game going for him in that Super Bowl and instead of continuing to run it, he went all out hero mode passing.

You got a part of that right though it was dictated by the Saints. The Saints stuffed a critical 3rd & 1 before the half, and then the Colts got another rushing TD after the half with Addai even after the onside kick to go up 17-13. Then the Saints got a FG.

But then, a missed FG and Brees' dinking and dunking us to death changed the complexion of the game. So, from leading 17-16 and a possibility to go up 20-16, we went down 16-24 and it was catch up mode. So, about 16 of Peyton's 45 passes, came after going behind 16-24.

Look, Brees threw 39 passes versus 17 runs. Peyton threw 45 passes versus 19 runs (both about 70% ratio for pass to run), and this number includes the number of passes Peyton had to attempt once he fell behind, so the picture being painted that Peyton got pass happy is not completely accurate, it was situational. Brees was just as pass happy minus a turnover.

Only 1 turnover happened and it changed the game. Unfortunately, for Peyton and the Colts, it came at the worst moment possible. When Peyton threw a pick six in the AFCCG in 2006 or the recent MNF game vs the Chargers, both of them were early in the first half, he had time to come back and win both those games. It was the Saints' year and having a healthy Freeney, Colts fans will always believe, would have made a huge difference in that game. It just was not meant to be for the Colts, and it was meant to be for the Saints.

Sproles is a great weapon, on that I will agree with u, speedy, small, elusive., deceptive, catches , runs , etc etc etc,

thats why Colts and other teams keep looking for a guy like that, Denver hoping Hillman can become that & Chargers are stupid for letting him go and not paying whatever it took to keep hium in terms of Money & Years opf contract

He adds a whole dimension as a different type of weapon & is consistent in getting yearly success, its not like he has up and down years, he should be feed that ball often

I thought of you last night as I watched this game Bogie. Brees and Sproles fought hard all the way through, but it did feel like the Saints put up the white truce flag of capitulation and surrender by the start of the 4th quarter. There's nothing worse when a team feels beaten, defeated, and just gives up. I think Bounty Gate in the Big Bayou is just taking it's mental toll on everybody in Louisiana. Next year, the Saints will emerge stronger, battle tested, and with more resolve to whip the slate clean and win. Hang in there buddy. The Saints are a darn good NFL team who will bounce back. I can promise you that.

I thought of you last night as I watched this game Bogie. Brees and Sproles fought hard all the way through, but it did feel like the Saints put up the white truce flag of capitulation and surrender by the start of the 4th quarter. There's nothing worse when a team feels beaten, defeated, and just gives up. I think Bounty Gate in the Big Bayou is just taking it's mental toll on everybody in Louisiana. Next year, the Saints will emerge stronger, battle tested, and with more resolve to whip the slate clean and win. Hang in there buddy. The Saints are a darn good NFL team who will bounce back. I can promise you that.

Imagine saints get a great draft pick order which can help wherever they feel the need for the long term, must think positive for future though may be frustrating at this point my friend

schedule later this year isnt that friendly either

Imagine saints get a great draft pick order which can help wherever they feel the need for the long term, must think positive for future though may be frustrating at this point my friend

schedule later this year isnt that friendly either

Yup, a hugh draft pick to fill your biggest void on the squad is always a good thing to have in a team franchise's hip pocket. TE Jimmy Graham seemed off his game last night a little too IMO. He was anything but the Gram Canyon last night. Oh well, any NFL athlete can have a lackluster night I suppose.

hi-res-153219968_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

grancan.jpg

Oh, by the way don't mind me if you like the Saints I have no problem with anyone liking who ever they like,

but for me I have a special and I'll use the kind word for this instead of the mean word I could use here.

But for me and some know this, I have a deep disliking for the ..a...... and The city of NO!!! Personal reasons that should not and won't be discussed here. So All I can say is yesterday had to be one great day!!!!! Finger licking Good!!!!!!

Yup, a hugh draft pick to fill your biggest void on the squad is always a good thing to have in a team franchise's hip pocket. TE Jimmy Graham seemed off his game last night a little too IMO. He was anything but the Gram Canyon last night. Oh well, any NFL athlete can have a lackluster night I suppose.

Remember he was pressed into service, was off week before with bad ankle, was limited in practice too and If i remember right and not sure , an article said would be a game day decision if he plays