Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

texans could lose

SLILLINGTON10

Personally speaking, if there are any Colts fans who "aren't worried" about the Texans then they're crazy. IMO the Texans are definitely the "team to beat" in the AFC this year.

The general opinion around here is that the Texans will take the division this year... So "worried" isn't the accurate word to use when most accept the Texans will win the division. However, just because we feel they will win the division doesn't mean they aren't beatable. I wouldn't be surprised if they smashed us when we face them. Just the same, I wouldn't be surprised if we upset them in a meaningful game this year. JMO

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all shouldn't this be in the general thread?

It must be tough to be a Colts fan...rebuilding and all. Don't worry, you guys will see the postseason again. Watch out for Gabbert though, he seems to have the Colts number.

No, its actually great to be a Colts fans. We have enjoyed so much success over the last um. . . .DECADE that even while we may not be in the playoffs this year, its okay.

You know what, its been awesome rebuilding this year. Our QB play is amazing, I mean the guy is on pace to have over 4k yds, 28tds and 400yds rushing but those are just projections. Reggie Wayne may not have the size of Johnson but well. . . I'll take Reggies heart, route running, catching ability and durability of Johnson any day. Slowly we are starting to come together as a team and whats even better is we will most likely be picking in the early to middle first round next year. But wait it gets better....We will have around 35-40 million to play with to sign some free agents next year.

Oh I know for a fact we will be in the postseason again. Hopefully you guys can get their too :thmup:

Yup you know Jax always gives us problems just like we always give you problems. . .

First of all shouldn't this be in the general thread?

No, its actually great to be a Colts fans. We have enjoyed so much success over the last um. . . .DECADE that even while we may not be in the playoffs this year, its okay.

You know what, its been awesome rebuilding this year. Our QB play is amazing, I mean the guy is on pace to have over 4k yds, 28tds and 400yds rushing but those are just projections. Reggie Wayne may not have the size of Johnson but well. . . I'll take Reggies heart, route running, catching ability and durability of Johnson any day. Slowly we are starting to come together as a team and whats even better is we will most likely be picking in the early to middle first round next year. But wait it gets better....We will have around 35-40 million to play with to sign some free agents next year.

Oh I know for a fact we will be in the postseason again. Hopefully you guys can get their too :thmup:

Yup you know Jax always gives us problems just like we always give you problems. . .

I don't think Luck's going to throw for 4,000 but yeah, he is going to be good. I think we're pretty set for the postseason this year though. :) Looking forward to that first game in Houston.

http://en.wikipedia....s_Colts_seasons

I see a 17 year period of utter incompetence. At least ours only lasted for 8.

Considering the Colts have been around 1953 they have a storied history but if you want to compare Indy that's fine, I have no qualms about that either. During our 17 yr period of "utter incompetence" as you so eloquently put it we had playoff apperances too. Yet during our incompetent years we made it to the afc championship game.

I'm glade it only lasted 8yrs and Peyton not playing for you to get in the playoffs :thmup:

Considering the Colts have been around 1953 they have a storied history but if you want to compare Indy that's fine, I have no qualms about that either. During our 17 yr period of "utter incompetence" as you so eloquently put it we had playoff apperances too. Yet during our incompetent years we made it to the afc championship game.

I'm glade it only lasted 8yrs and Peyton not playing for you to get in the playoffs :thmup:

Last time I checked, we made Peyton look average the last time we played him. I honestly believe we would have gone to the playoffs even if he had played last year. But whatever, those are ifs and could have beens, we'll never know.

I'm just saying, you can't laugh at our franchise's futility when yours had a period of their own futility, lasting more than twice the time ours did.

So let's see...before you guys played GB, they "looked beatable", "not the same QB"..but after you beat them they go back to being one of the best teams in the NFC and we could easily lose against them. I love it.

At least we managed to score a touchdown this week, unlike the Ravens.

Most on here counted GB as a sure loss, when they won it was a big upset. I will say GB doesn't look as elite as they were thought to be before the season started, but they are also not a bad team I would overlook. They are a dangerous team coming off a loss, although they have a depleted roster. Staying undefeated is very difficult and the longer it lasts the harder it is to do, which is why the Jets game was closer than it should have been. Houston is the superior team, but I seriously doubt the escape both GB and the Ravens without a loss. The Ravens match up very well and are an elite team.

I'm just saying, you can't laugh at our franchise's futility when yours had a period of their own futility, lasting more than twice the time ours did.

I didn't laugh at your franchise's futility at all. If you read my previous posts I did not poke fun at all.

But if you wanna look at it like that, you guys have been around for 10 years with 8 years of "incompetence" yet the colts have been around since 1953 so basically 59 years and we have had 17 years of "incompetence" so basically 2/3rds of the Colts existence we have been good or about 60%. . . . .Texans. . . .well you guys have been good 20% of the time or 2 years out of 10 years. I'll take my 2/3rds anyday and everyday.

I didn't laugh at your franchise's futility at all. If you read my previous posts I did not poke fun at all.

But if you wanna look at it like that, you guys have been around for 10 years with 8 years of "incompetence" yet the colts have been around since 1953 so basically 59 years and we have had 17 years of "incompetence" so basically 2/3rds of the Colts existence we have been good or about 60%. . . . .Texans. . . .well you guys have been good 20% of the time or 2 years out of 10 years. I'll take my 2/3rds anyday and everyday.

So maybe...we shouldn't compare a franchise that's been around for 59 years to one that's only been around for 10?

Hi, logic, how are you?

So maybe...we shouldn't compare a franchise that's been around for 59 years to one that's only been around for 10?

Hi, logic, how are you?

Then why bring it up?

http://en.wikipedia....s_Colts_seasons

I see a 17 year period of utter incompetence. At least ours only lasted for 8.

When you try to be smug and thumb your nose at the Colts franchise, then, when your comments backfire on you don't try and pawn it off as if it were me who brought it into the conversation. my quote was about enjoying success for the last decade.

Then why bring it up?

When you try to be smug and thumb your nose at the Colts franchise, then, when your comments backfire on you don't try and pawn it off as if it were me who brought it into the conversation. my quote was about enjoying success for the last decade.

indeed-that-is-a-good-point.jpg

Then why bring it up?

BRUNG IT UP LOL

They haven't had a winning season this year yet.

In the entire history of their franchise, they've had one good season......and that one was handed to them on a silver platter by a) them having the second easiest schedule in the entire NFL and b) Peyton Manning being out for the season. Deep down they know this, thus the insecurity you find in nearly any Texan fan you come across.

Haahahahahaha this is your second winning season! Second!!! And you act like that?

It must be hard for Texans fans to have had to live like 20 years of rebuilding. And that every qb in the nfl had your number

*Brushes shoulders off*

Only attack when provoked. Get off me. And I set it up so you'd bring up the fact that the years are totally askew. You fell right into it. Congrats.

BRUNG IT UP LOL

*Brushes shoulders off*

Only attack when provoked. Get off me. And I set it up so you'd bring up the fact that the years are totally askew. You fell right into it. Congrats.

Hey, fellas, we fell for the Texan fan Jedi mind trick. He's too far ahead of us. These are not the droids we're looking for.

BRUNG IT UP LOL

*Brushes shoulders off*

your brushing your shoulders off cause you tripped and fell over your own feeble attempts to win an argument. Of course, we all fell into your trap (sarcasm) way to be a total cop-out.

For the record I never attacked you I was talking to qwizboy and you decided to throw your two cents into the conversation. Its not my fault your two cents didn't amount to a hill of beans in the conversation. Yet if it makes you feel better, sure buddy you won! Congrats your team is the greatest and you had to come to a colts forum to prove it. . . . :thmup:

your brushing your shoulders off cause you tripped and fell over your own feeble attempts to win an argument. Of course, we all fell into your trap (sarcasm) way to be a total cop-out.

For the record I never attacked you I was talking to qwizboy and you decided to throw your two cents into the conversation. Its not my fault your two cents didn't amount to a hill of beans in the conversation. Yet if it makes you feel better, sure buddy you won! Congrats your team is the greatest and you had to come to a colts forum to prove it. . . . :thmup:

Yes, you attacked me. Go back and read the posts. So silly none of you can remember what happened just a page ago. I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. If you assumed that I was, that's on you bud.

And yes, I set you up, and you fell for it. It's all good. And my team doesn't need your praise, but I appreciate it. :)

no need for me to go back and read the posts, I know what I said and with whom I was talking to. You're the one (again) that had to quote me when I was talking to someone else. You chose to put yourself into a conversation that you were not in. Don't get mad at me because i didn't take your bait, I took your pole and your bait and made you look incorrect.

If you weren't talking to me then why quote me?

Just man up. I won the argument that you tried to bring to me and you can't take it so you retort with your "i laid a trap." Its okay bud everybody is wrong every once in awhile. Your day isn't ruined, the sky is not falling. The sun will rise tomorrow. Plus your making it really hard to pull for your team because in FF the guy im playing has Rodgers.

C'mon guys......

Why can't we talk smack without being snarky? This Houston ~ Indy rivalry should form into one of the best inter-divisional match-ups in the NFL. We should learn to hate each other with respect, just like the good 'ol days of the Pats/Colts.

C'mon guys......

Why can't we talk smack without being snarky? This Houston ~ Indy rivalry should form into one of the best inter-divisional match-ups in the NFL. We should learn to hate each other with respect, just like the good 'ol days of the Pats/Colts.

Snarky is in my DNA Ruksak.

I love Pats fans. . . .on this board :highfive2: