Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

texans could lose

SLILLINGTON10

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's gotten better to the point he doesn't embarass himself. He had an okay game against Peyton.

He had a hiccup here or there, but overall he did okay.

Agreed......he was atrocious his rookie year. Now he is just mediocre.

As I said, he is certainly someone that an elite qb like Rogers or Brady will pick on and likely have a field day with.

How would our OL stop JJ Watts?

I love the optimism and anything can happen any given Sunday but the Colts would have to play the whole game like the played the 2nd half vs GB to beat the Texans @ Houston at least. Texans oddly do always find a way to lose @ Indy but that could change this year.

I don't know, maybe he likes KFC and Arians could eat out of the bucket on the sidelines. Maybe the Col. can entice and distract JJ to the point where he walks over to the Colts sideline and we can just kidnap him Nonchalantly? Just an idea. Between 11 players and 11 herbs and spices we can dominate him?

I don't know, maybe he likes KFC and Arians could eat out of the bucket on the sidelines. Maybe the Col. can entice and distract JJ to the point where he walks over to the Colts sideline and we can just kidnap him Nonchalantly? Just an idea. Between 11 players and 11 herbs and spices we can dominate him?

polls_3365_0L_2433_124114_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Not saying he's fat of course, just a little big hahahaha.

As I said, he is certainly someone that an elite qb like Rogers or Brady will pick on and likely have a field day with.

I can tell you've only watched one Texans game this year.

Actually it'll be Martin, as per Kubiak. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Great, just great. I think he has the skills and speed but sheesh, this guy could very well be our third best receiver. Oh well. If we got by with all the dancing and juking and prolonging that JJ used to do, then maybe Martin should be okay as well. A fresh perspective on KR for sure.

I can tell you've only watched one Texans game this year.

I have to give Credit where it's Due, Kareem Jackson (If that is the KJ you guys are referring to) is no Scrub. He's a Good CB. Him & Joseph are definitely a Good Duo to have.

Even if Jackson did give up that big play to Reggie Wayne on the GW Drive last year when we got our 2nd Win :thmup:

Sorry, had to put that out there haha . But he's definitely a Good CB

Congrats to the Colts. U guys played a good 2nd half. Packers will have their hands full. Benson is out for about 8 weeks so Green & Starks need to step it up big time. If the Jets can almost beat the Texans then as long as the Packers play 60 min we got a good shot at winning. This is a must win for us

That's kind of what I was thinking. If they could barely beat the Jets and had a hard time defending Mark Sanchez, then I can only imagine what Rogers will do.

Plus, Schaub and the offense looked bad the last 3/4 of the game.

I think the Texans are in for a rude awakening now that they have to actually play a good team: Packers 34 Texans 20

That's kind of what I was thinking. If they could barely beat the Jets and had a hard time defending Mark Sanchez, then I can only imagine what Rogers will do.

I think the Texans are in for a rude awakening now that they have to actually play a good team: Packers 34 Texans 20

Oh, so you thought we'd dominate every team we'd play, did you? You didn't think the Jets would ever get a first down? You thought we'd shut them out? You give us a lot of credit. You must be a Texans fan. Thank you.

:facepalm:

I like how you've ignored my questions so far. You know what they say about people who shut their eyes and open their mouths?

Seriously? Did you watch the Game? Not trying to be Rude, but I think you should go back & watch the Game. You'd see that the Jets became Desperate & pulled all types of plays (Ex: Putting Cromartie at WR).

There is NOTHING in the NFL more Dangerous than a Desperate Team. They will pull ANYTHING to Win.

And let's say the Jets beat us Sunday, then what would you say? Does that make us a "Bad" Team?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 10, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, October 10, 2012 - personal shot

Agreed. He's okay, I suppose, but based on what I saw last night, he has much work to do. He gave his man ALOTt of openings.

And there's this.

KJ's man had exactly ONE completed pass to him on Monday - a 2 yard gain that brought up 4th down. He also had an INT.

Yes, the definition of "ALOT OF OPENINGS".

Dr. Karl is busy making up stories again, drunk off his Haterade rations.

Seriously? Did you watch the Game? Not trying to be Rude, but I think you should go back & watch the Game. You'd see that the Jets became Desperate & pulled all types of plays (Ex: Putting Cromartie at WR).

There is NOTHING in the NFL more Dangerous than a Desperate Team. They will pull ANYTHING to Win.

And let's say the Jets beat us Sunday, then what would you say? Does that make us a "Bad" Team?

Uh.....the reason they put Cromartie at WR is because they have nobody else to play there. That was pretty obvious. Did you see who they started at WR that game? And despite this, they still had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win it? lol......i'm wondering if YOU even watched the game. A mediocre Jet team missing their top defensive and offensive players, still nearly beat the Texans. The Texans were NOTICABLY inefficient on offense for most of the game......every stat in the universe bears that out......yet here you are, actually giving the Texans credit. lmao

Uh.....the reason they put Cromartie at WR is because they have nobody else to play there. That was pretty obvious. Did you see who they started at WR that game? And despite this, they still had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win it? lol......i'm wondering if YOU even watched the game. A mediocre Jet team missing their top defensive and offensive players, still nearly beat the Texans. The Texans were NOTICABLY inefficient on offense for most of the game......every stat in the universe bears that out......yet here you are, actually giving the Texans credit. lmao

Well rather you like them or not the Texans did WIN the game so yes they do get credit. With that said clearly it wasn't the Texans best game and the Jets should get credit from that which tells me the Colts are in for a hard game on Sunday.

Well rather you like them or not the Texans did WIN the game so yes they do get credit. With that said clearly it wasn't the Texans best game and the Jets should get credit from that which tells me the Colts are in for a hard game on Sunday.

True.....let's not act like they don't have any flaws, though, which seems to me what is happening in this fantasyland thread.

They have flaws.....obvious ones.

True.....let's not act like they don't have any flaws, though, which seems to me what is happening in this fantasyland thread.

They have flaws.....obvious ones.

Agreed. But acknowledging that the mighty Texans have flaws is a difficult proposition. See, Texans fans have seen their team stuck in the cellar for so long that, now that their team is legimately good (and it IS good, best in the AFC right now), they don't recognize that the team still isn't perfect. There's no in-between yet. They only know two speeds right now -- terrible and awesome.

I have nothing against the Texans. I'm actually happy for them that they're finally a winning team. I like seeing teams get built into contenders the right way. The adjustments the Texans have made over the last three years are paying huge dividends right now, perhaps none bigger than hiring Wade Phillips and drafting in a way that complements his scheme. But it's amazing to me how defensive their fans are whenever you dare to question whether they are as good as they look to be.

No sense in us Colts fans denying that they are good; they're really good, despite an off game against the Jets. But they're also beatable. Their fans should acknowledge that as well.

Agreed. But acknowledging that the mighty Texans have flaws is a difficult proposition. See, Texans fans have seen their team stuck in the cellar for so long that, now that their team is legimately good (and it IS good, best in the AFC right now), they don't recognize that the team still isn't perfect. There's no in-between yet. They only know two speeds right now -- terrible and awesome.

I have nothing against the Texans. I'm actually happy for them that they're finally a winning team. I like seeing teams get built into contenders the right way. The adjustments the Texans have made over the last three years are paying huge dividends right now, perhaps none bigger than hiring Wade Phillips and drafting in a way that complements his scheme. But it's amazing to me how defensive their fans are whenever you dare to question whether they are as good as they look to be.

No sense in us Colts fans denying that they are good; they're really good, despite an off game against the Jets. But they're also beatable. Their fans should acknowledge that as well.

You are talking to the wrong fans if they think their team can't be beaten.

Gary Kubiak always has the best scripted plays to start a game thats what I like about Kubiak. after those scripted plays he is predictable(its probably just me since ive seen every texans game in there existence i done caught on to his play calling) but his scripted plays he sets up to begin games against teams is incredible, he does his homework thats why they lead the league in first quarter scoring

You're making it seem like the Texans are unbeatable. And yes, I know who started at WR. Jeremy Kerley (TCU Horned Frog Alumni. Aka Andy Dalton's "Go To Guy" back at TCU)

Every team has Flaws. And our Offense isn't exactly the best either. The Texans is probably better than ours (Stat-Wise). But I'm sure someone will pull the stats up

Well every team in the league has flaws so again that's like telling Noah about the flood.

Yes.....every team in the league does have flaws. Every single team. And that includes the Houston Texans. But try telling them that.

You see.....I live in Houston, and I can tell you that pretty much every Texan fan i've come across is so desperate for success that they:

1) Honestly think they have no weaknesses

2) Get very defensive when you point out obvious, legitimate weaknesses. They don't want to hear it, because they want to think that there will be nothing stopping them from winning the Super Bowl this year.

It's funny how obvious they make it that they have no experience whatsoever in being a fan of a successful football franchise,

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

This post is 100% spot on.

Gary Kubiak always has the best scripted plays to start a game thats what I like about Kubiak. after those scripted plays he is predictable(its probably just me since ive seen every texans game in there existence i done caught on to his play calling) but his scripted plays he sets up to begin games against teams is incredible, he does his homework thats why they lead the league in first quarter scoring

Good at scripting & preparing......not good at thinking and adjusting on the fly.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 11, 2012 - quoting edited post
Hidden by Nadine, October 11, 2012 - quoting edited post

Yes.....every team in the league does have flaws. Every single team. And that includes the Houston Texans. But try telling them that.

You see.....I live in Houston, and I can tell you that pretty much every Texan fan i've come across is so desperate for success that they:

2) Get very defensive when you point out obvious, legitimate weaknesses. They don't want to hear it, because they want to think that there will be nothing stopping them from winning the Super Bowl this year.

It's funny how obvious they make it that they have no experience whatsoever in being a fan of a successful football franchise, so I get a good kick out of these hicks.

i can co-sign that

You are talking to the wrong fans if they think their team can't be beaten.

I don't think so...

So let's see...before you guys played GB, they "looked beatable", "not the same QB"..but after you beat them they go back to being one of the best teams in the NFC and we could easily lose against them. I love it.

At least we managed to score a touchdown this week, unlike the Ravens.

Someone is in for a rude awakening but it's not us lmaoo

Both resident Texans fans are scoffing at the very idea that their team could lose.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 11, 2012 - yelling
Hidden by Nadine, October 11, 2012 - yelling

Both resident Texans fans are scoffing at the very idea that their team could lose.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was pointing out the double standard in which some members of this board were enforcing. I'm not sure how you thought that meant I think my team is unbeatable.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 11, 2012 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, October 11, 2012 - quoting removed post

I thought it was pretty obvious I was pointing out the double standard in which some members of this board were enforcing. I'm not sure how you thought that meant I think my team is unbeatable.

I must have misunderstood you since you weren't posting in obnoxiously large bold and italic print. Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe...but if/when you play NE in the playoffs remember this. You will be playing the Patriots AND the refs. They would rather have Tom Brady and his east coast market in the big game, period.

Wow. THis might be one of the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

Proof that the refs favor the Patriots? I can think of plenty of times when the refs have favored the Colts over the Patriots. Ellis Hobbs even received an apology letter from the NFL after a horrific call gave the Colts a 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, changing one game completely.

Wow. THis might be one of the worst posts I've ever read on this site.

Proof that the refs favor the Patriots? I can think of plenty of times when the refs have favored the Colts over the Patriots. Ellis Hobbs even received an apology letter from the NFL after a horrific call gave the Colts a 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, changing one game completely.

how about the mugging of the colts receivers in the AFCCG pollard had to feel like a horse in that game, he was being ridden all day... no flags

It's funny how obvious they make it that they have no experience whatsoever in being a fan of a successful football franchise,.

You are debating on what fans say..admist you living amongst them:) I would imagine there are more bandwagon fans now since it is human nature more people will take an interest when their city's team is winning. Naturally they are excited. Would you rob them of that? :)

But on to football. From what I heard the Texans have no holes. They can pass,pass rush,run,defend. But that doesn't mean they can walk over teams, not even the Jets.

The Jets game was my first look at the Texans this year. They looked pretty solid to me and I thought they'd pull out a win. But that doesn't mean the jets couldn't have because this is the NFL where teams are not as bad as fans make them out to be (Jets) or as great )Texans.

The Texans or any team is going to have to play hard to beat a team like the jets. You can bet Bill Belichick won't take them lightly.

So the "appearance" (and thats all it was) that the Texans aren't that great or showed flaws or had an off night because they barely beat the Jets is not condusive to real football.

It's funny how obvious they make it that they have no experience whatsoever in being a fan of a successful football franchise,

I don't disagree with that which is why I took your side earlier in the thread. :thmup:

Awesome comeback by our Colts this week. It's probably too much to expect a string of Texans' losses while we win, but who knows? I just hope that we can hang close enough and improve so that our last 2 games against them are meaningful.

I think that the Packers and the Ravens could both beat the Texans though, and send them to their bye week with 2 losses, plus the loss of Cushing. That would be nice to see, although I feel bad for Cushing. He has been a good player.

I don't think so...

Scoffing at the idea that we could lose to the same Packers who lost to the Colts last week. Is it wrong to scoff at that? If the Packers were playing like last year I wouldn't take them so lightly but come on now. If the Colts can do it so can we.

You are debating on what fans say..admist you living amongst them:) I would imagine there are more bandwagon fans now since it is human nature more people will take an interest when their city's team is winning. Naturally they are excited. Would you rob them of that? :)

But on to football. From what I heard the Texans have no holes. They can pass,pass rush,run,defend. But that doesn't mean they can walk over teams, not even the Jets.

The Jets game was my first look at the Texans this year. They looked pretty solid to me and I thought they'd pull out a win. But that doesn't mean the jets couldn't have because this is the NFL where teams are not as bad as fans make them out to be (Jets) or as great )Texans.

The Texans or any team is going to have to play hard to beat a team like the jets. You can bet Bill Belichick won't take them lightly.

So the "appearance" (and thats all it was) that the Texans aren't that great or showed flaws or had an off night because they barely beat the Jets is not condusive to real football.

Thank you.