Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

texans could lose

SLILLINGTON10

texans lose cushing (most likely for the season) and they play GB and Bal there is a decent chance they could lose one or both games. and we play the jets and browns if we handle our business is there a crazy outside chance we can compete for the divison? texans still have the bears, pats, and suprise vikings team. we are entering a stretch of winnable games and they are entering some tougher games. i know i am getting ahead of myself and its an outside shot. thoughts?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texans played the 2nd easiest schedule so far in the NFL(Dolphins, Jags, Broncos, Titans and Jets). thats a .322 win percentage out that group, not neccessarily top competition. they are good but I dont put too much stock in them yet like everybody else is. we will find out where they are over the next couple of weeks vs Packers, Ravens and so on. But right now its not shocking they are 5-0 considering who they played so far

If it turns out the Texans lose their next 2 and we win ours.. then yea we would be competing for our division at that point in time. but right now i am concerned about the J-E-T-S. Injury report comes out tomorrow hope to see Vontae and Angerer have been practicing as well as Mathis and Reitz. getting guys back and and staying healthy would be the only way we can compete for 12 more weeks.

I watched the Texans Jets game last night and was not overly impressed with Houston! I don't think the Colts will beat them out this year, but next year might be a different story! Anyway I don't even think that Houston is the best team in the AFC, I think teams like New England and Baltimore are better! But the team I think is going to be the eventual Superbowl winner is the 49er's they look totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!

So let's see...before you guys played GB, they "looked beatable", "not the same QB"..but after you beat them they go back to being one of the best teams in the NFC and we could easily lose against them. I love it.

At least we managed to score a touchdown this week, unlike the Ravens.

hmmm could happen. who knows. its football, any given sunday! but i remember i was said to be crazy when i predicted before the season that both the colts and texans would be 8-8 going into the final game in indy against each other and that the game would decide the division winner lol.

So let's see...before you guys played GB, they "looked beatable", "not the same QB"..but after you beat them they go back to being one of the best teams in the NFC and we could easily lose against them. I love it.

never said you guys could easily lose to them, but its a possibilty just like it was possible for the colts to beat gb. and the ravens match up pretty well with the texans and are a good team. i don't think we win the divison but i would like to atleast be in the picture, and not have the texans run away with it.

The Texans are going to be fine even without Cushing. It doesn't make our chances to win the division any better. JJ SWatt is going to be knocking Luck's balls down left and right. The guy is a beast. The wildcard spots are coming down to Cin, Pit, or San Deigo.

If the Texans were smart they'd put TJ Yates in to start developing. Matt Schaub has only a couple years left and he is done. Then they will most likely be back at the bottom. The Texans have that type of team that can carry TJ to a Super Bowl. They will continue to prosper longer with Yates as opposed to Schaub.

The Texans are going to be fine even without Cushing. It doesn't make our chances to win the division any better. JJ SWatt is going to be knocking Luck's balls down left and right. The guy is a beast. The wildcard spots are coming down to Cin, Pit, or San Deigo.

If the Texans were smart they'd put TJ Yates in to start developing. Matt Schaub has only a couple years left and he is done. Then they will most likely be back at the bottom. The Texans have that type of team that can carry TJ to a Super Bowl. They will continue to prosper longer with Yates as opposed to Schaub.

Chris johnson rushed for what like a 140 yds up the middle of the texans defense with cushing in. with him out they could have a big weakness. but JJ Watt is an animal. i really hope he doesn't take Luck's head off.

hmmm could happen. who knows. its football, any given sunday! but i remember i was said to be crazy when i predicted before the season that both the colts and texans would be 8-8 going into the final game in indy against each other and that the game would decide the division winner lol.

You are crazy if you think the Colts and Texans will both be 8-8 going into the final game. There are only 16 games in the season so if they were both 8-8 then they'd have already played all their games :P lol Just teasing you a bit. I get the point you were trying to make, that the final game could decide the division. I still think that would be unlikely but stranger things have happened. :)

Chris johnson rushed for what like a 140 yds up the middle of the texans defense with cushing in. with him out they could have a big weakness. but JJ Watt is an animal. i really hope he doesn't take Luck's head off.

Well Chris Johnson hasn't done much else this season. I don't know the Texans roster, but the probably have a good #2 to replace Cushing.

I fully expect Watt to, he did it to us last year.

Losing Cushing hurts them badly, how could it not arguably their best player and now isnt there. Anything that hurts the Texans helps us, dont need in depth long drawn out ifs ands and buts, it is what it is. Now are we good enough to win 10 or 11 games to win the division that is another question but Houston's odds of winning 12 or more just took an enormous hit today.

What? The people who said that were just the extremely overly optimistic ones. Almost everyone else thought it was a sure loss against a superior team.

So, the Texans can't lose? Got it.

Let's pack it up everyone. There's always next year...

How would our OL stop JJ Watts?

I love the optimism and anything can happen any given Sunday but the Colts would have to play the whole game like the played the 2nd half vs GB to beat the Texans @ Houston at least. Texans oddly do always find a way to lose @ Indy but that could change this year.

i do think A.Foster looks like L.Tomlinson; how was that guy not drafted blows my mind.and i think cushing being done will really hurt that defense. they will still be top ten but i think SF jumps up to the number one defense.

Tomlinson jumps out at you a LOT more on tape than Foster does despite both being awfully effective, very talented backs. Foster also had just about everything that could go wrong to a draft hopeful go wrong to him. He had a disappointing senior season, pulled a hamstring and subsequently ran a 4.71 in front of NFL scouts, wasn't spoken of very highly by his college coaching staff, and had a drunk and disorderly arrest on his record from his sophomore season. That's a lot of black marks going into the draft but, as it turns out, the only thing not to like about Foster now that he's an NFL player is that he's vegan.

How would our OL stop JJ Watts?

I love the optimism and anything can happen any given Sunday but the Colts would have to play the whole game like the played the 2nd half vs GB to beat the Texans @ Houston at least. Texans oddly do always find a way to lose @ Indy but that could change this year.

The thing that concerns me with the Texans is they can run the ball down your throat and they can pick you apart as well. They are not as one sided as Green Bay. I like the effort they play with as well, some people say that the Monday night game wasn't impressive and I can see that side of the argument. But I also would say that it was still impressive because they will fight you for a full 60 minutes. If you are going to beat them you do have to give a full effort. It's not going to be an easy win if you can beat them.

We lost the whole shed last year and still made it to within one game of the AFCCG. Losing Cushing isn't going to change the dominance or intensity. I think both Baltimore and GB are very beatable, as the Volts and Browns proved

Texans played the 2nd easiest schedule so far in the NFL(Dolphins, Jags, Broncos, Titans and Jets). thats a .322 win percentage out that group, not neccessarily top competition. they are good but I dont put too much stock in them yet like everybody else is. we will find out where they are over the next couple of weeks vs Packers, Ravens and so on. But right now its not shocking they are 5-0 considering who they played so far

Exactly what I was going to point out. They've played 5 sub .500 teams so far, with a combined record of 8-17. Pretty soon they are going to have to play teams that are actually good. I don't know what you people were watching last night, but they looked very vulnerable in the pass game against a sorry Mark Sanchez, holes all over the place, so I can only imagine how many yards a good qb like Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady wil put on them. Not to mention how sluggish they looked on offense after about the middle of the second quarter. They are no more special than any other NFL team, and still have a ton to prove.

The thing that concerns me with the Texans is they can run the ball down your throat and they can pick you apart as well. They are not as one sided as Green Bay. I like the effort they play with as well, some people say that the Monday night game wasn't impressive and I can see that side of the argument. But I also would say that it was still impressive because they will fight you for a full 60 minutes. If you are going to beat them you do have to give a full effort. It's not going to be an easy win if you can beat them.

Indeed, Foster has given the Colts fits.

Any team "could lose"..its the NFL. The Texans could be decimated with the injury bug like the 2010 Colts were, highly doubtful because it was off the charts, but still "could happen". Either way, hope they enjoy the short stay at the top because like stated before..the "Monster" is already making some noise. Anybody ever seen a rookie QB with 3 games under his belt run a no huddle offense like that? This team has the "it" factor

Exactly what I was going to point out. They've played 5 sub .500 teams so far, with a combined record of 8-17. Pretty soon they are going to have to play teams that are actually good. I don't know what you people were watching last night, but they looked very vulnerable in the pass game against a sorry Mark Sanchez, holes all over the place, so I can only imagine how many yards a good qb like Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady wil put on them. Not to mention how sluggish they looked on offense after about the middle of the second quarter. They are no more special than any other NFL team, and still have a ton to prove.

You have to ask the question of how much were they dedicated to the Jets passing game? None of their(the Jets) receivers could sit on the bench for the Colts. I think they were more focused on the running game. With that being said, I've always been on record saying I didn't totally respect anybody they(Texans) have in their secondary other than Joseph. They would have some problems without the talent they have in their front 7. I respect the Texans, but those who are Texans fans in this forum know that I've said several times we could beat them.

You have to ask the question of how much were they dedicated to the Jets passing game? None of their(the Jets) receivers could sit on the bench for the Colts. I think they were more focused on the running game. With that being said, I've always been on record saying I didn't totally respect anybody they(Texans) have in their secondary other than Joseph. They would have some problems without the talent they have in their front 7. I respect the Texans, but those who are Texans fans in this forum know that I've said several times we could beat them.

The Jets had one of the worst rushing offenses in the league, so I don't think that was something the Texans were looking to take away.

I think they are incredibly over-aggressive on D and a good, experienced qb will capitalize on that and beat them long. I also think they are over-confident, which is why a scrub like Sanchez was shredding them at times last night. The Jets almost beat them with a bunch of nobodies at WR, for Christ's sake. Had Santonio Holmes been healthy, the Jets win that game.

Oh yeah, that Peyton guy is just a total scrub. I mean, everyone predicted that the Texans would win against him and his 14-2 record, right? So what you're saying is that you expect us to lose to a QB that lost to a lesser defense than the one we have. Interesting. The defense we have is the kind that gives QBs like Brady fits. Our offense is still one of the best in the league, and I'd take them anyday over the Patriots defense. We are a little bit more special than any other team, except, of course, the Falcons. I think you can figure that one out.

The Jets had one of the worst rushing offenses in the league, so I don't think that was something the Texans were looking to take away.

I think they are incredibly over-aggressive on D and a good, experienced qb will capitalize on that and beat them long. I also think they are over-confident, which is why a scrub like Sanchez was shredding them at times last night. The Jets almost beat them with a bunch of nobodies at WR, for Christ's sake. Had Santonio Holmes been healthy, the Jets win that game.

Uh, no. If you want to play the injury card, then last year with all of our pieces together, including our QB and who was once our best defensive player, well...

Any team "could lose"..its the NFL. The Texans could be decimated with the injury bug like the 2010 Colts were, highly doubtful because it was off the charts, but still "could happen". Either way, hope they enjoy the short stay at the top because like stated before..the "Monster" is already making some noise. Anybody ever seen a rookie QB with 3 games under his belt run a no huddle offense like that? This team has the "it" factor

I think the Texans have an "it" factor too, though we may be talking about completely different "its" here.