Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is unacceptable for a number 1 overall pick

needanoline63

Good Lord people... If the internet was "this internet" of today in 98 I promise most of you would be calling for Manning's head after game 5. He was awful...

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading...

This team is 2-2, could be 3-1 with a rookie QB who has led 3 consecutive go ahead drives on our final possession ..... and some folks are nit picking?

Geez .... enjoy it. This year could get real fun if the D holds up.....

I hope I'm not around after this 30 year run of QBing excellence is over... the new guy will never be given a fair shake.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord people... If the internet was "this internet" of today in 98 I promise most of you would be calling for Manning's head after game 5. He was awful...

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading...

This team is 2-2, could be 3-1 with a rookie QB who has led 3 consecutive go ahead drives on our final possession ..... and some folks are nit picking?

Geez .... enjoy it. This year could get real fun if the D holds up.....

I hope I'm not around after this 30 year run of QBing excellence is over... the new guy will never be given a fair shake.

Peyton wouldn't even have made it too week 5. He got killed by the chargers in the preseason while leaf looked great and then played his worst game ever in week two on snf in New England while Leaf got off to a good start.

Peyton wouldn't even have made it too week 5. He got killed by the chargers in the preseason while leaf looked great and then played his worst game ever in week two on snf in New England while Leaf got off to a good start.

Yep, Manning was throwing "lollipops" ALL over the field... he was use to those stud WR's at Tenn. just running right underneath them. I was saying Indy made a HUGE mistake at that time. As many in Indy were. BUT by mid season he started drilling the ball to his wide outs. And by year 2 Manning was on his way to the HOF.

Luck is WAY ahead of the curve.... the national media is even finally getting off the RG3 band wagon and onto the Luck EXPRESS. Go Colts...

It is a fair topic, and his accuracy which was supposedly one of his strengths in college isn't among his strengths in the NFL at this point. I believe his cmp % in college was amplified by the WCO, but I would say that about Tannehill too since he ran the WCO in college as well.

His accuracy on short throws which are more touch passes has been a bit disappointing

Behind LOS 53.8%

Less than 10 yards 58.7%.

11+ yards 47.1%

Some will argue drops, but every QB has drops... They have Luck listed with 9(Fleener 3 team leader*) at this point, which is tied for 14th-17th depending on how you look at it. So basically he's had about the league average drops.

Top 5

1 New Orleans Saints 17
2 Detroit Lions 15
3 New York Giants 14
4 Atlanta Falcons 13
5 Cleveland Browns 13
6 Denver Broncos 13
7 Green Bay Packers 13

http://hosted.stats....ge=NFL&rank=232

Hopefully it will be something that improves sooner rather than later.

Here is how his distribution has been when it comes to targets..

luckgame4targets1.jpg

It will improve, but Wayne & company have hauled in quite a few off target passes.

Nobody does it better. Great chart FJC.

I like reading the jokes down through the thread too, but to see each catch laid out is just super. I too was wondering on drops because we have had too many IMO.

I agree the accuracy will get better and better, and I will not trade our rookie for anyone right now.....feels pretty darned special to me. Thanks again for putting some stats to add to what could have been a topic derailed. Go Colts. :colts: :colts: :colts:

Offensive line is part of the blame but remember offensive line doesn't throw the ball

When you have to frequently throw the ball away or throw it as your hit or evade the rush and throw on the run, your percentage is going to less than stellar. The offensive line almost directly impacts how accurate a quarterback is.

You may or may not be a troll, but the title and tone of your post is clearly meant to inflame and get responses rather than good legitimate discussion. So troll or just a flamer, either way, this kind of post rarely leads to anything worthwhile.

Yes he needs to improve his accuracy numbers and yes, his overall performance is more than worthy of being a number 1 pick.