Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Negative Thread

Nostrils

for all of us bitter bobs!!!

I saw in the "positive thread" how we can't take away positives, or something along those lines when we play a team like the Jags who can't throw but run all over us...

I totally agree.. I jus't dont get it.. playing the game and only up until the High School level, I just am baffled sometimes at what the Coaching Staff is seeing and how the prepare... I feel the 10 page packets I got when i played would better serve than what they are feeding our players.... I don't wanna be such a hater but its just situational football... and lot's of it is so elementary it kills me watching the colts... sheesh

Like last week letting Harvin run free on drag routes in the 2nd half when Ponder wasn't even looking to get the ball to anyone but AD & Harvin.

Or like today..Instead of pressing and bringing up the safeties to close run lanes a lot faster...or bringing some pressure so if it's a pass Gabbert would have to get rid of the ball early, we let him sit in the pocket early on and convert a 3rd and 8 as we drop into coverage.. it's like with someone like Gabbert make the guy beat us!!!!!!! sheesh.... he showed when he just threw the ball into the ground with Nevis disrupted the backfield that he doesn't like taking hits, nor will pro-long the play like andrew manages to do... that's just how I look at it... I don't know I'm just heated.. and the offense I don't wanna get started... FInally saw them stretch DB outside a little and picked up 4 yard gains or so, but this going head up playing power football or these sprint plays pulling our linemen isn't working...

other than that I feel like we just always have that "almost" type stuff happen for us.. almost a pick for jerraud, almost a td for avery over the top but underthrown (no disrespect to luck, with time that will be money), almost had that strip-sack from mathis on the opening drive.... that wr almost dropped that game winning TD... just stuff like that lol, maybe i'm crazy.. but then we have incidents like vikings tipped 4th down TD last week... the ball just doesn't fall our way.. but I love the youth producing so far how it is.. I don't know I just needed to vent, lets keep it going lol

I am a brand new season ticket holder. Yikes! Did I make a mistake with my hard-earned money? We can't beat the Jaguars with the number-one draft pick at QB?

(Also, I couldn't sell my wonderful 1st row club tickets for the home opener vs. the Vikings for face value (couldn't make the game). That would be absolutely impossible to imagine in the three NFL cities I came from! Face value tickets would have gone in seconds.

I'm new around here and this situation is totally inexplicable to me. I am going to keep reading this site to find out what the experts say about what's wrong at Lucas Oil Stadium.

I am a brand new season ticket holder. Yikes! Did I make a mistake with my hard-earned money? We can't beat the Jaguars with the number-one draft pick at QB?

(Also, I couldn't sell my ticket for the home opener vs. the Vikings for face value (couldn't make the game). That would be absolutely impossible in the three cities I came from! Face value tickets would have gone in seconds.

I'm new around here and this situation is totally inexplicable to me. I am going to keep reading this site to find out what the experts say about what's wrong at Lucas Oil Stadium.

ahhh tough call... Sorry to hear that with today, and not being able to sell your tickets last week... as I'm getting older (25 now) games like this today are making me lose so much love for pro-sports...

players lack of execution: it's like high school and college, the coaches LOVEEEEEE the gifted athlete even though he has no brains... and that kills me... I don't know how many times I'll watch a college football game and a corner with 4.3 speed, who is also a state champion track star, is biting on a double move at 5 yards on a 3rd & 15... it just kills me... not saying that is necessarily what we have in certain areas, mainly talking about sergio browns last coverage... I just don't get how getting underneath that route was so hard, especially when YOU WANT NOTHING GETTING BEHIND YOU, NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES... sorry kind of random, I just wonder where the "thinking" players have gone in the game...

Coaching : well we all know so i'm not gonna say anything really.. Just that If i see Jags WR group, and MJD in the backfield, until Gabbert beats us over the time, maybe even more than once.. no way am i having my safeties running off at the snap, or lining up anymore than 10 yards!... but we have em 15-20 off

Replacement Refs : they suck, I don't get how the NFL & former refs can praise these guys...

i don't even know I just can't let it go haha

(Also, I couldn't sell my wonderful 1st row club tickets for the home opener vs. the Vikings for face value (couldn't make the game). That would be absolutely impossible to imagine in the three NFL cities I came from! Face value tickets would have gone in seconds.

but back to losing my love for sports, and your tickets... because of the effort like today in the 2nd half, and years of this type of stuff happening with my Colts/Lakers (not beating teams they should, giving me all this stress) I gave my lakers season tix up after 2010 title year.. too much stress and too much money going to already rich people who are upset i'm sure, but not as upset as us fans are when they choke like they did..

Well you payed these season tickets to see the birth of a legend

(IMO)

maybe not this year but trust me.. it will be money well spent.

but back to losing my love for sports, and your tickets... because of the effort like today in the 2nd half, and years of this type of stuff happening with my Colts/Lakers (not beating teams they should, giving me all this stress) I gave my lakers season tix up after 2010 title year.. too much stress and too much money going to already rich people who are upset i'm sure, but not as upset as us fans are when they choke like they did..

Why does everyone think we "should" beat the Jags? Other than having Luck, we are in no better of a situation than they are. I'm upset because we could have put a better team around Luck. This past draft is looking like a fantasy draft because we went so heavy on offense.

I was fine with 3 run plays because it forced the Jags to burn there timeouts but I definitly agree not stacking the box with a Safety hurt us

Should have been a prevent defense there to make Gabbert beat beat us. Instead, we tryed our version of being aggressive on defense and let Gabbert beat us!

Inexplicable? You have to be kidding. You do realize that the team is rebuilding? If not for that your tickets would very likely not have even been available for you to buy in the first place.

oh well 1 loss closer to the 1st pick in the draft so not all is lost most of us didn't expect to compete this year anyway (record wise) and those that did or still do, hey we only have two losses. If we are not going to the playoffs and we probably wont then Im all for the 1st pick in the draft

This loss is really hard to swallow. I felt outside of a couple long plays we definitely outplayed them and deserved to win. The officials were really horrible calling all kinds of penalties on the Colts and hardly anything on jacksonville in the second half. One of the penalties they didn't call was devastating for the Colts, the long pass to Avery around the 5 yard line where the defender definitely hit him on the helmit before it got to him was ridiculous the announcers both agreed that was a pass interference call! When the Colts got to the 30 yard line with a little over a minute left I couldn't believe they started playing conservative and started running the ball instead of going for the juggular and going for the touchdown, even if we didnt get a touchdown we could have gotten a couple of first downs and ran down the clock to a couple of seconds and then Vinateri's field goal would have ended the game! As it was after Vinateri's field goal with a minute left and they have no timeouts, and we dont play a prevent defense in that situation is inexcusable!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt drop 500+ for 2 "cheese and wine seats" either. The hard core fans dont sit there. I bought some years ago in the dome, the MOST boring win i have ever been to.

Why does everyone think we "should" beat the Jags? Other than having Luck, we are in no better of a situation than they are. I'm upset because we could have put a better team around Luck. This past draft is looking like a fantasy draft because we went so heavy on offense.

you find a game where the Jags have "beat" us and i will agree with you.. All i can remember is games we let slip away, happens too often