Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Trai Essex, waive Shipley and Person (mod: edited title, merge)

jimirsaysdog

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably Linkenbach gets the start since he has more experience with the rest of the O Line (not saying its a good idea because its been proven that its not) but I think Pagano will go with the experience, Hopefully Arians remembers that running the ball is Andrews friend or we will see more of the same vs Minnesota.......Andrew Luck meet Jared Allen, I can also see Brian Robison (Vikings LDE) giving Linkenbach and his slow feet problems all day

Why would we want him? Sure, he's better than Justice, but not by much. He's one of the most abused tackles in the league over the past few years.

Edit: I guess we do want him. But dude is not a good tackle. And why can't we sign Jake Scott???

I don't think we are playing him at tackle. It looks like he may be a guard

Why would we want him? Sure, he's better than Justice, but not by much. He's one of the most abused tackles in the league over the past few years.

Edit: I guess we do want him. But dude is not a good tackle. And why can't we sign Jake Scott???

i agree why cant we go after scott jesus! heck even titans just signed this G whos lastname i can never pronounce ...louti or something like that...was with seahawks

and there goes person ..geez why did we cut 2 guys to give room for that new T?

Don't think Essex is going to be a tackle. I think he's going to be a guard.

They say that Essex is versatile.

Lineup will probably be like Costanzo, Reitz, Satele, Essex, Justice

Or if Reitz won't be back soon then whoever will be in for Reitz

Probably Mcglynn

Essex is better at Guard, but apparently we DID want him, as he is signed

Is he going to play guard? I guess it's too early to tell, but if my memory serves me (and maybe it doesn't; I did a lot of drinking while watching the Colts last season), he has made a lot of mistakes at tackle.

Counting Essex and Justice, we only have 8 Olinemen on the roster at the moment. LT Castonzo, LG Reitz, C Satele, RG McGlynn, RT Linkenbach then G/T Essex, T Justice ( injured ) and G/Turnstile Seth Olsen...... seems we need another body here, if nothing else.....

You're not including Weems who can be called up from the practice squad if need be.

Is he going to play guard? I guess it's too early to tell, but if my memory serves me (and maybe it doesn't; I did a lot of drinking while watching the Colts last season), he has made a lot of mistakes at tackle.

Yeah I think he was one of Freeneys victims last year when he played tackle.

Yeah I think he was one of Freeneys victims last year when he played tackle.

Even the best have been victimized by Freeney, but I think he's a penalty/blown assignment machine. The Steelers have big problems at o-line, and they got rid of him. Says something. I think he's coming here because of Arians, and no other reason.