Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Direct TV

coltsdan

for all of you that have directtv they are having a free nfl ticket preview weekend on sept 9th. so not only for all of you colt fans that cant get the show locally, you can now watch it on channel 708, and along with all you fantasy football fans, you can watch everygame from channel 704-714.

for all of you that have directtv they are having a free nfl ticket preview weekend on sept 9th. so not only for all of you colt fans that cant get the show locally, you can now watch it on channel 708, and along with all you fantasy football fans, you can watch everygame from channel 704-714.

Thanks for posting...I did on Status Updates....so I hope everyone can get a test feed!!!

Staying home is boring to me. Watching football is about being with other fans, and meeting new people.

I had Sunday Ticket for a couple of years, but got rid of it. I missed going out for the games.

It was just the opposite for me. I live outside of the market and spent a couple of years going to a sports bar to watch the Colts. I got tired of having to watch on a small screen 25 feet away with no sound, so I got Sunday Ticket.

I much prefer to watch on a 50" in my own living room with all of the food and beer I want with no worry of having to drive home. :)

It was just the opposite for me. I live outside of the market and spent a couple of years going to a sports bar to watch the Colts. I got tired of having to watch on a small screen 25 feet away with no sound, so I got Sunday Ticket.

I much prefer to watch on a 50" in my own living room with all of the food and beer I want with no worry of having to drive home. :)

The place I go to has many big screens, so that's not an issue. I just arrange a ride to and from the bar, so drinking and driving is not a concern. At home, there's no atmosphere, no camaraderie, no good natured ribbing/football talk with strangers, and no hot bartenders. But hey, to each their own.

The place I go to has many big screens, so that's not an issue. I just arrange a ride to and from the bar, so drinking and driving is not a concern. At home, there's no atmosphere, no camaraderie, no good natured ribbing/football talk with strangers, and no hot bartenders. But hey, to each their own.

You arrange a ride to and from the bar? That's very responsible - good job - but never in my life have I planned in advance on getting "that" drunk. :P Frankly I'd rather not.

Yes, to each his own is certainly true. The atmosphere in my home is wonderful, I love the camaraderie of my wife and pets, I detest "ribbing" with strangers, and I have no use for bartenders - hot or otherwise. Believe it or not, my enjoyment comes from the actual watching of the game - so Directv is perfect for me. Plus even if I found a place around here with many big screens, the odds of more then one of them being pointed to a Colts game is pretty slim. Not my idea of entertainment.

Staying home is boring to me. Watching football is about being with other fans, and meeting new people.

I had Sunday Ticket for a couple of years, but got rid of it. I missed going out for the games.

Staying home is boring...........but not on football Sunday. I have done the sports bar thing and your right about being with other fans and meeting people..........the atmosphere............thing is some of those same people have caused me to be put out of the bar. Drunks are already obnoxious............when there team has won or is winning..........there even worse.

We do both.... More often than not, we watch the games here, and the boys and their families are here, so I have plenty of camaraderie here with the gang...

I agree with MAC, sometimes I actually prefer to watch the game with just my husband, or son.... I like to WATCH the game, and sometimes miss way too much when out at a bar, particularly if they have several different games on at once, it seems the game I am wanting to watch is NEVER the one they have the sound on to. It gets confusing. :td::cheer: and Now, I am ready for some Football :coltsfb::coltshelmet::fb::huthut:

It also is costly. I was spending about $ 125.00 a week to watch the Colts. Drinks, food and tips add up quick in a bar. 500 a month or NFL Ticket for 200............no brainer for me.

Watch all games.....pause....playback.

You arrange a ride to and from the bar? That's very responsible - good job - but never in my life have I planned in advance on getting "that" drunk. :P Frankly I'd rather not.

Yes, to each his own is certainly true. The atmosphere in my home is wonderful, I love the camaraderie of my wife and pets, I detest "ribbing" with strangers, and I have no use for bartenders - hot or otherwise. Believe it or not, my enjoyment comes from the actual watching of the game - so Directv is perfect for me. Plus even if I found a place around here with many big screens, the odds of more then one of them being pointed to a Colts game is pretty slim. Not my idea of entertainment.

I am not sure the poster arranges for rides because he plans to get drunk. He may just plan to drink and thats all it takes to get the dreaded DUI. Once the cop smells alcohol............its on........his goal is to lock you up. It only takes a couple of beers if you do not wait long enough.

I like even in the middle of patriots and giants fans so it was always fun to go out when they played the pats. We rarely have colts games on tv here now and this year not having the handfull of Sunday/Monday night football sucks. I prefer to watch most games at home but if there alot more colts fans i think the bar would be so much more fun.