Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 13

Colts12to87

Like I said on another thread. My roster was updated at 12;30am last night.

I was running the ball pretty good today vs the Jags.

My last Madden was '10 and this one is so foreign to me so far.

Which playbook do you guys like best?

Offense: Run N' Gun

Defense: Multiple D or 3-4

I don't have Madden 13 yet, so I hope these playbooks are still in the Game. If not, I'll just work with Arians playbook for us or Create my own to make a mixture of Texas, Clemson, TCU, & Stanford's Playbooks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think the tackling system stinks? I been playing Madden 13 almost an hour and lost a couple players to injuries because the tackles are not tackles they are just collisions, they made it way to much like NCAA in some regards it appears, Also how can I update my madden?

Offense: Run N' Gun

Defense: Multiple D or 3-4

I don't have Madden 13 yet, so I hope these playbooks are still in the Game. If not, I'll just work with Arians playbook for us or Create my own to make a mixture of Texas, Clemson, TCU, & Stanford's Playbooks

Thanks.

I used to use Run N Gun in earlier versions(When I created Bert Jones jr as my qb). I heard the Steelers playbook was popular and I used them in '10.In "13 you can take your favorite plays from any playbook and put them in any playbook.

EA Needs to change this tackling system I think, to many players just running into each other and not actually tackling

That's the new infinity engine they installed. NCAA doesn't have that engine in it cause it wasn't tested. That is what was gonna make this Madden a Hit or Miss. A lot of people are complaining about the engine saying it's not good. And yeah, I played the demo... it's just bodies falling all over the place

That's the new infinity engine they installed. NCAA doesn't have that engine in it cause it wasn't tested. That is what was gonna make this Madden a Hit or Miss. A lot of people are complaining about the engine saying it's not good. And yeah, I played the demo... it's just bodies falling all over the place

I think the old system on Madden 11 was much better, wasnt perfect but was better

I think the old system on Madden 11 was much better, wasnt perfect but was better

One of the reasons why I wasn't paying the $60 for it. That engine has it's positives, but it has more negatives. People just falling all over the place makes the game just look stupid. They tried to copy this football game called Backbreaker, but they obviously failed

One of the reasons why I wasn't paying the $60 for it. That engine has it's positives, but it has more negatives. People just falling all over the place makes the game just look stupid. They tried to copy this football game called Backbreaker, but they obviously failed

How do I go about doing a roster update, The latest 1. I dont have Jerrell Freeman or Shirley

How do I go about doing a roster update, The latest 1. I dont have Jerrell Freeman or Shirley

PS3 or Xbox?

PS3: Go to Online. Before you're able to play a match... it should tell you that your roster is out of date. I don't have the game, but this is what they "usually" do.

Xbox: Idk, I have PS3 lol

freeny and a 2rd round -_-

they would take anything less hahah

it was worth it the first season i had him i had 8INT 27 PD

and he won DB of the year so it was way worth it ohh and had 1 pick six hahahaha beast :)

haha, that's what's up. I see they made the CPU smarter with the Trades lol

My roommate bought it last night and we played a few games and I was thoroughly disappointed in it. As others have mentioned the tackling in this game is just not very good. It definitely feels like you are just running into people and hoping the fall down. In previous Maddens like 2010 you actually felt like you made a tackle, but in 2013 its literally feeling like you ran into and you both just fall down.

The passing game seems weird too. Basic passes were just flying over the place and it was not like we were dropping back 20 yards, spinning, and heaving it down the field like you could in past years. These were little passes to tight ends who run a 5 yard out route and the QBs were throwing it all over the place.

I do have to say I had a couple screen plays finally work. The computer just did not go stand by RB on a screen play.

Overall it just feels like a 60 dollar roster update. When does the NFL license run out?

Only issue with this is you can not play a franchise with edited rosters

Yeah, I just noticed that when I went to play last night. This has worked from Madden 05-12 (and beyond I am sure). Why the heck they took that out of 13 I don't know.

Thus far, I have to say I am very disappointed in this game. And I have been pleased with the last 5 or more iterations, as I realize how the gaming market works. But this year, they took out things that decrease the overall quality of the game.

• Can't start a franchise with an edited roster.
  • Can't edit players (from what I have seen thus far) in franchise mode
  • In the trade mode, many trades are disallowed due to $$$, but nowhere are figures given so you can work the numbers to trade for the guy you want.
  • To go with not being able to edit players, it seems they've stripped throwing motions out. Now Philip Rivers likely throws exactly the same as Peyton Manning, and if you've seen either throw in real life, you know that isn't the case.
  • EDIT - One more, Jim Nantz sounds like a fricking ROBOT. I literally turned off commentary I was getting so annoyed. Simms wasn't terrible, but it basically sounded like they used a computer to generate Nantz' voice. It sounds awful, IMO.

I am sure I'll find others, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they removed some of the nice additions they've made over the past few years. Takes a lot of the realism out of it for me.

I got it yesterday as well, it was the first Madden for me since 05 and I have to say, It still feels like Madden, not football.

As others have mentioned the tackling is just attrocious.

I do like the running engine and can't wait to try a game with a beast of a back and a solid O-Line, I played 2 games and Donald has 3 touchdowns and 187 yards. Once he gets into the open field he is quick.

Thewholefnshow was talking about the passing game and I think with the ability to throw it infront or behind the reciever it actually works out pretty well, Just watch which way you are pusing on the left stick when you throw it that affects the bal alot.

It's not a simulation by any stretch of the imagination, it is still afterall, Madden, but hey at least it's football.

I got Madden 13 yesterday night and loving it. I used Coach Pagano for connected careers and currently (0-1) after suffering a loss to the Bears.

I lost a close one too, shanked the game winning field goal in some nasty wind. beat up on the jaguars in week three though. those DB's (granted I don't have Vontae) killed me though especially hester. I love the game though, but I say that every year and people always seem to complain.

I lost a close one too, shanked the game winning field goal in some nasty wind. beat up on the jaguars in week three though. those DB's (granted I don't have Vontae) killed me though especially hester. I love the game though, but I say that every year and people always seem to complain.

I'm usually with you on the love it every year bit, this was the first year I was thoroughly disappointed. I'll be giving it more time over the next few days, but I just am very ticked about all the improvements that have since been removed.

I'm usually with you on the love it every year bit, this was the first year I was thoroughly disappointed. I'll be giving it more time over the next few days, but I just am very ticked about all the improvements that have since been removed.

I think the issue was with the connected careers they didn't have time to put in alot of the features that alot of us love (importing draft class, editing roster for franchise mode, ect) I'd bet we see those things put back in the game next year. I didn't even get ncaa since i can't import the draft classes. I'm just trying to get used to the gameplay now and most likely will go back and start over once the new roster update is out, I need Vontae on the team bad!

fleener and hilton are unstoppable. I think its just me but I have to dink and dunk with the short passing game all day to do well. Once Hilton gets the ball he is mighty quick and sure can rack up the YAC. I love how you upgrade players stats based on there performance.

How is Hilton unstoppable his rating is a 63 :lol: . Player upgrades are cool though. Great game

How is Hilton unstoppable his rating is a 63 :lol: . Player upgrades are cool though. Great game

That is a good point but he's so darn quick and I don't think he's dropped a ball yet, I just run slants or quick outs all day long with him. don't let the ratings fool you, try him out in the slot and you'll see

I got it yesterday as well, it was the first Madden for me since 05 and I have to say, It still feels like Madden, not football.

As others have mentioned the tackling is just attrocious.

I do like the running engine and can't wait to try a game with a beast of a back and a solid O-Line, I played 2 games and Donald has 3 touchdowns and 187 yards. Once he gets into the open field he is quick.

Thewholefnshow was talking about the passing game and I think with the ability to throw it infront or behind the reciever it actually works out pretty well, Just watch which way you are pusing on the left stick when you throw it that affects the bal alot.

It's not a simulation by any stretch of the imagination, it is still afterall, Madden, but hey at least it's football.

I agree, until Madden fixes the zig zag running, o-line/d-line interactions, I just can't get with it. I have seen a pass interference call in Madden since the ps2. It has a fun factor, but an arcade type, not simulation.

It's sad that games such as NFL 2k5 and NFL 2k8 are still better than Madden gameplay and presentation wise. I can only hope they get a chance to make another football game one day. Take a look at these two videos and you'll see what a real football sim should look like.

http://youtu.be/XqFTt-IGCus

Skip to 5:18 and look at the halftime presentation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9_E852hRa8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My notes:

- i have no problem with the infinity engine until it comes to open-field tackling, everyone has said it feels like you are running into to people and not tackling. the game moves WAY too fast, i find myself lining the ballcarrier up only to run right past him at full speed.

- when it comes to playing pass defense, the AI is still slow (or maybe our corners are that bad). I don't know how many times I tell my corners to press and come up to the line of scrimmage only for them to somehow end being 10yds away from the WR on a comeback route.

- zone still sucks, the computer doesn't even play their zones or follow the people, they just sit there. it's no point in playing zone on this game.

besides those things, i am satisfied with this game.