Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay: Painter Might Play Against Bucs

Andy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822aae44/article/colts-qb-situation-uncertain-as-monday-night-approaches?module=HP11_headline_stack

I think he should play and if you saw my post "Kerry Collins Injury in Disguise" you'll see that I actually like this kid. He's worth a shot because we've seen what Kerry has done and he has not broken 500 yards in 3 games and we've gone 0-3. Time for a change. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822aae44/article/colts-qb-situation-uncertain-as-monday-night-approaches?module=HP11_headline_stack

I think he should play and if you saw my post "Kerry Collins Injury in Disguise" you'll see that I actually like this kid. He's worth a shot because we've seen what Kerry has done and he has not broken 500 yards in 3 games and we've gone 0-3. Time for a change. Thoughts?

Weird....the article quotes Irsay as saying that the decision belongs to Caldwell. According to the Tryon tweets, Caldwell wanted to play him, but wasn't allowed to.

Production from the Qb position is vital especially in an offense like ours. Lets face it you cant get any worse than what we saw from Collins can we? To be fair he wasnt in our system long and he's coming out of retirement, nevertheless I think developing Curtis Painter is a good thing. Our offense actually moved the ball in a critical situation to tie the game late in the 4th quater agasint the Steelers, with Painter under center. I think he will get better every week he starts. Lets not expect 300 yds from him that would be foolish, But I do expect his best effort because this is his time to show people like me who thought he was the worst of the worst he can lead his team. Not to mention its on MNF. He either sinks or sails. :coltshelmet:

Explain why you like Painter? I would love to see this.

I've started to like him after Collins was signed, and really started to like him after the Browns game. Nevertheless, whether I like him or not, I think he deserves a shot, because Collins got his and screwed it up. He went out last week with no snaps in practice and 5 minutes of warmup and got most of Collins yards in one drive. He's the choice right now, and whether he starts or not, I think he plays against the Bucs.

I think switching from one broken qb to another will net the same result...a broken offense. It won't matter who is going to QB our team. They are just going to run the ball a lot and look for short passes. It will be up to our defense no matter who is under center.

The offense is not broken, its lacking a piece and the most vital one at that... a QB that can get the ball out to his WR's collins cant do that... fans will see a difference between painter and collins.

The colts will play painter in the Bucs game, cause if they dont fans will not be happy if collins plays and leaves skid marks in the toilet again everyone knows he's not the answer no matter how much playbook he has soaked up... painter will produce unlike collins.

The offense is not broken, its lacking a piece and the most vital one at that... a QB that can get the ball out to his WR's collins cant do that... fans will see a difference between painter and collins.

The colts will play painter in the Bucs game, cause if they dont fans will not be happy if collins plays and leaves skid marks in the toilet again everyone knows he's not the answer no matter how much playbook he has soaked up... painter will produce unlike collins.

A well oiled machine that misses it's most important part is, in my book, broken no matter how you look at it. Sorry let me rephrase it to incomplete lol. I would say having a decent run game but a QB that can't get the ball to the receivers (means we can't pass) is broken.

A well oiled machine that misses it's most important part is, in my book, broken no matter how you look at it. Sorry let me rephrase it to incomplete lol. I would say having a decent run game but a QB that can't get the ball to the receivers (means we can't pass) is broken.

Incomplete i will agree with that, they are still able to run like you said... i would love to see more of carter in the games... With painter in the colts will be able to move down the field better for sure.

My question is if Kerry had not had so many bad plays, and been struggling so obviously . . . if a qb had been brought in that at least won us one game . . . would everyone still be saying "start Painter"?

Look at this board even six weeks ago. I don't get where the "Yes Start Painter!" is coming from. Very few wanted Painter to start. (perhaps I shouldn't say very few, but I'm guessing it was the minority)

Now it's yes!! We want him back.

You have two qb's who have not made the plays. Our D is one the field playing their hearts out, time to give them some help.

My question is if Kerry had not had so many bad plays, and been struggling so obviously . . . if a qb had been brought in that at least won us one game . . . would everyone still be saying "start Painter"?

Look at this board even six weeks ago. I don't get where the "Yes Start Painter!" is coming from. Very few wanted Painter to start. (perhaps I shouldn't say very few, but I'm guessing it was the minority)

Now it's yes!! We want him back.

You have two qb's who have not made the plays. Our D is one the field playing their hearts out, time to give them some help.

I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't like Painter before the start of the preseason. I didn't like him by Week 2 of the preseason. I saw great growth from him in the Packers game against their starters. Then I saw Kerry Collins play, and he looked awful in Week 1, 2 and 3. Painter then played in the Steelers against their starters (arguably the best D in the league) and put up nearly the same numbers as Collins with 5 minutes of warmup, barely any snaps in practice, and most importantly, only 1 quarter to Collins' 3. I liked Kerry Collins before Week 1 and didn't like Painter, now I don't like Collins and like Painter. I guess it just changed.

I thought this was already ironed out. Unless Orlovsky is doing better than Painter. But still.. sounded like Painter was getting all the first team reps this week.

He wouldnt be doing better cause he isnt getting reps, but yea your right he is getting the reps.

I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't like Painter before the start of the preseason. I didn't like him by Week 2 of the preseason. I saw great growth from him in the Packers game against their starters. Then I saw Kerry Collins play, and he looked awful in Week 1, 2 and 3. Painter then played in the Steelers against their starters (arguably the best D in the league) and put up nearly the same numbers as Collins with 5 minutes of warmup, barely any snaps in practice, and most importantly, only 1 quarter to Collins' 3. I liked Kerry Collins before Week 1 and didn't like Painter, now I don't like Collins and like Painter. I guess it just changed.

HAHAHAHA this is foolish! You know what you just said, right?

"I didn't like stepping in that pile of dog crap. But after having walked through that whole field of cow crap, you know what? That little pile of dog crap wasn't so bad."

The truth is, they both still sucked to step in!

The ONLY reason fans are pining for Painter now is because Collins has looked so God aweful it actually made Curtis' ineptitude shine! Think about what a freaking miracle that was to pull off.... Curtis is going to play on Monday Night. I predict he will make a few more throws than Kerry did. We may even put some drives together, simply because Curtis is way more comfortable with the system. But then Curtis will throw a pick or two or take a sack or four and we will be 0-4.

The ONLY thing that is guaranteed is this: Fans will want to see Dan Orlovsky before too long.

Curtis is going to play on Monday Night. I predict he will make a few more throws than Kerry did. We may even put some drives together, simply because Curtis is way more comfortable with the system. But then Curtis will throw a pick or two or take a sack or four and we will be 0-4.

The ONLY thing that is guaranteed is this: Fans will want to see Dan Orlovsky before too long.

In other words you are predicting that he will significantly outperform Collins in every respect.

Isn't that what Andy just said?

I liked Painter before, I like Painter now, I'm more than willing to put up with some rookie growing pains - and more importantly so are the Colts. Orlovsky isn't going to sniff the field unless both Collins and Painter are injured.