Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report likes our offseason.

HOF19

2 articles involving Colts offseason >>>>>Fantasy Football 2018: NFL Veterans Whose Stocks Are Soaring This Offseason ...Article link >>>>>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775246-fantasy-football-2018-nfl-veterans-whose-stocks-are-soaring-this-offseason?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide6..........AND >>>>>>>Highlighting the 25 Best Moves of the NFL Offseason.....Article link >>>>>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775224-highlighting-the-25-best-moves-of-the-nfl-offseason?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide0

This seems to be the same thought as many:

"

Guard Quenton Nelson was the surest thing on the offensive side of the ball in this year's draft.

He has the size, strength and experience to dominate immediately at the NFL level, and the Colts needed a player just like him as they try to get back on track by supporting Luck as best they can. 

In the No. 6 spot of the draft, that's an utter steal. "

2 hours ago, Myles said:

"

Guard Quenton Nelson was the surest thing on the offensive side of the ball in this year's draft.

He has the size, strength and experience to dominate immediately at the NFL level, and the Colts needed a player just like him as they try to get back on track by supporting Luck as best they can. 

But, but but he was picked 6th!!  My God what an injustice to the football shade tree GMs.

He could become an all pro and an all start but Ballard should have never taken a guard at pick #6. It's a travesty. :mindblow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

But, but but he was picked 6th!!  My God what an injustice to the football shade tree GMs.

He could become an all pro and an all start but Ballard should have never taken a guard at pick #6. It's a travesty. :mindblow:

Yes, it was terrible value.  We could have stayed at 3, taken Chubbs, and then traded our entire practice squad for Nelson, Edmunds and a pony that Blue can ride at half time. 

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Yes, it was terrible value.  We could have stayed at 3, taken Chubbs, and then traded our entire practice squad for Nelson, Edmunds and a pony that Blue can ride at half time. 

Yep, and then we could of used our #3 spot on waivers to pick up ten more players that were dropped and replenish our practice squad, thus getting Nelson, Edmunds, and a pony for free! :) 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, and then we could of used our #3 spot on waivers to pick up ten more players that were dropped and replenish our practice squad, thus getting Nelson, Edmunds, and a pony for free! :) 

You can be my GM when I buy my NFL team one day.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Myles said:

"

What do they mean experience? I get that he spent lots of time cooking up at ND, and is as close to pro ready as one can possibly be...but how do you have experience before you even played in the NFL?

On 5/13/2018 at 12:00 AM, NorthernBlue said:

What do they mean experience? I get that he spent lots of time cooking up at ND, and is as close to pro ready as one can possibly be...but how do you have experience before you even played in the NFL?

I'm just guessing but the experience probably means against top competition sue NFL type techniques with NFL type line coaching.  We have seen guys from small schools with Nelson's size and strength, we have seen guys with nelson's size and strength but the coaches let them rely on their size and strength rather than coaching them on the finer points of being an offensive lineman., etc.

But like I said that is just a guess on my part.