Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard on the Herd

JRnINDY

Ballard keeps saying as does Luck himself that they don't want to skip a step okay that's fine. But when is the step that actually involves throwing an actual football? I mean that's what I want to know and I think that's everyone wants to know maybe they need to rephrase there question. 

3 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Ballard keeps saying as does Luck himself that they don't want to skip a step okay that's fine. But when is the step that actually involves throwing an actual football? I mean that's what I want to know and I think that's everyone wants to know maybe they need to rephrase there question. 

luck hasn't forgot how to throw a football.   When the shoulder is good,   he will be good.  Maybe rusty,   but he will be good 

11 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

So we should thank josh because Reich is better? So either way josh isn't very good. Works for me, hey josh, thanks for being a failure. 

Huh? I will never thank a guy who left us high & dry. Josh isn't a failure. He's got more rings than a lot of other coordinators do. It's fine to be bitter & dislike McDaniels lack of professionalism. I'm with ya there, but Josh isn't a failure. He has huge character issues absolutely NMF. But a failure? I don't know about that.

If you mean, Josh compromised his ability to get another HC gig again sure. However, winning multiple rings isn't anything to sneeze at or dismiss. It's the benchmark upon which all coaches & coordinators get judged in this profession. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Huh? I will never thank a guy who left us high & dry. Josh isn't a failure. He's got more rings than a lot of other coordinators do. It's fine to be bitter & dislike McDaniels lack of professionalism. I'm with ya there, but Josh isn't a failure. He has huge character issues absolutely NMF. But a failure? I don't know about that.

If you mean, Josh compromised his ability to get another HC gig again sure. However, winning multiple rings isn't anything to sneeze at or dismiss. It's the benchmark upon which all coaches & coordinators get judged in this profession. 

I don't want a coach that doesn't want to be here.   Didn't really want him to begin with.   I think we got lucky

18 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

He's never going to be a success as a HC and who remembers OC's?

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes, the general opinion on Irsay in the media does get old. That is exactly why I don't watch but very little if none of the sports media. It's not that I am Colts fan and don't think it's a fair assessment on Irsay by the media, I just don't care for the personal opinions given by the host or announcers. The argumentative based shows I refuse to watch all together. How some teams get special attention while others get totally ignored. Or if their not ignored they are put down.

Maybe I just have the time or the patience to sit through IMO a huge load of horse dung.

Yes, manufactured controversy does seem to move the needle in a lot of debate shows now unfortunately. 

Uh huh. For the life of me, I will never understand why Jerry Jones Cowboys & Dan Synder's Redskins receive as much coverage as they do. Washington I at least get since a lot of Senators & DC influential movers & shakers like taking in a game once in awhile. 

But, Dallas has been so laughable for so long as a franchise that it baffles me how much love they get. The objective is to win a ring in this century right? I don't care how charismatic the owner is personally. 

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's never going to be a success as a HC and who remembers OC's?

Rings are rings man. The only people who put qualifiers or restrictions on what position a person held while acquiring them never won a SB ring in the first place. 

Go up to Wade Philips right now & ask him if winning a SB ring with the Broncos in 2015 means less simply because he was the DC in Denver when he did it. He'll look at you sideways then chuckle. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, manufactured controversy does seem to move the needle in a lot of debate shows now unfortunately. 

Uh huh. For the life of me, I will never understand why Jerry Jones Cowboys & Dan Synder's Redskins receive as much coverage as they do. Washington I at least get since a lot of Senators & DC influential movers & shakers like taking in a game once in awhile. 

But, Dallas has been so laughable for so long as a franchise that it baffles me how much love they get. The objective is to win a ring in this century right? I don't care how charismatic the owner is personally. 

Jerry Jones is a whole lot better at being a salesman than an owner.  He has duped more fans, the media and the advertisers on just the concept of the Cowboys being Americas team.

His money tells us he is very successful at what he does.

50 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't want a coach that doesn't want to be here.   Didn't really want him to begin with.   I think we got lucky

I understand that many forum regulars thought Josh was overrated & that his tenure in Denver proved that McDaniels was prone to flame out early so, we dodged a bullet. I get that perspective. Perfectly legitimate position. 

But, to be honest with you Jvan, nobody knows with any degree of certainty what level of success Josh might have achieved in INDY. Could he have flamed out again in a new city? Sure. Being a HC the 2nd go round often works better than the first time i.e. Pete Carroll. For those not thrilled with the McDaniels selection in the first place, it gave them a boost of relief & reassurance. It doesn't mean that failure was inevitable. There's a lot of coaches in this league that won despite character issues--Barry Switzer or poor communication skills--Chuck Noll. 

Was it nice that Frank Reich fell into our lap? You bet it is, but just because Manning raves about him doesn't mean Frank's destined to do great things here either. Time will tell. 

On 2/28/2018 at 8:23 PM, JRnINDY said:

Colin: "is Luck throwing?"

Ballard, "Soon".....with a beat your butt his is smirk!!!

I agree with your assessment.  With the way Ballard has been talking/smirking, I think (hope) Andrew is farther along in his progression than we know.

5 hours ago, CamMo said:

How did we deal with that Grigson guy for so long? It’s like night and day.

Ballard <3

Time will tell but I like the feel of Ballard's colts.  He's a collaborator, seems to welcome input from all levels and his coaching hires reflect that.  Varied and overlapping experience, this is a braintrust.  It feels open and honest,  the fact that we don't even have a specific "qb coach" signifies to me that this is a going to be collaberaive regime.  Conversely, Grigson seemed a petty tyrant who confused input with dissent.  His coaching staff reflected that.  Tight, conservative, ever changing, and incapable of growth or adaptation. Like I said, time will tell but I like where we're headed......

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Jerry Jones is a whole lot better at being a salesman than an owner.  He has duped more fans, the media and the advertisers on just the concept of the Cowboys being Americas team.

His money tells us he is very successful at what he does.

That's what amazes me about reporters who cover the Cowboys. Your job is to measure their post season performance as players & coaches. Not bribe them with food, cheerleaders, glitz & glamour in return for softball stories & warm & fuzzy coverage. Judge the game on the field not the carnival side show. 

That's why I despise the Cowboys--Don't get sucked in by the spectacle or T & A stuff. Do they actually get to the NFC Championship Game? Nothing but crickets...

23 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That's what amazes me about reporters who cover the Cowboys. Your job is to measure their post season performance as players & coaches. Not bribe them with food, cheerleaders, glitz & glamour in return for softball stories & warm & fuzzy coverage. Judge the game on the field not the carnival side show. 

That's why I despise the Cowboys--Don't get sucked in by the spectacle or T & A stuff. Do they actually get to the NFC Championship Game? Nothing but crickets...

As you know I dislike Jerry Jones and his Cowboys as a team but not the individual players.

Before Jones bought the Cowboys I gave them much resect. His handling of Tom Landry didn't sit very well for me at all. Not that he fired him but the total lack of respect Jones showed him.

Then the dumbest move of Jones NFL career was firing Johnson. I didn't like Johnson's Cowboys but him getting fired was just plain stupid.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

luck hasn't forgot how to throw a football.   When the shoulder is good,   he will be good.  Maybe rusty,   but he will be good 

I just worry about when he gets hit..After he gets smoked a few times and is ok I'll feel better..

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Rings are rings man. The only people who put qualifiers or restrictions on what position a person held while acquiring them never won a SB ring in the first place. 

Go up to Wade Philips right now & ask him if winning a SB ring with the Broncos in 2015 means less simply because he was the DC in Denver when he did it. He'll look at you sideways then chuckle. 

That wasn't the point. Rings, got it. I'm not saying he's a failure either (though there's a case there, if he's actually being held accountable for his time in Denver and the Indy debacle). I am saying he's a footnote in the history of the NFL (not a failure, but certainly not rememberable in grand scheme) as it stands and if he's never going to be a HC (which he shouldn't be, but if the Pats want to do that, it'd be fun to watch him preside over the deconstruction of the cheaters fiefdom), I wouldn't go giving him anything similar to the same credit the BB and Brady get- he can't hack it (see Denver and Indy). There's literally no shortage of great teams that won a Super Bowl that I couldn't tell you who the coordinators were. That's him if he wasn't a terrible HC in Denver and a back stabber to Ballard.

The verbiage might be a little off, but I get what the poster you were responding to was getting at. I would have gone with scum or garbage, failure isn't precise enough, but I'm not massaging any element of his football existence at this point. There's not a good reason to.