Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Appeal of the Colts

Lucky Colts Fan

Is Indy an appealing destination for free agents?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Is Indy an appealing destination for free agents?

• Yes
    • No

On 2/24/2018 at 3:58 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I am the holder of many unpopular opinions,   so I respect anyone who is willing to state an unpopular view and stick his head in the proverbial lions mouth.    And I appreciate someone who is willing to offer an opinion that no one else has tought of,  or,  they've thought of it,  but maybe don't have the courage to state it.

I appreciate that it's not easy to be in the extreme minority on any issue.

That said.....

Holy Crap!    This post is a gigantic hot mess of wrongness!     Pure nonsense made in effort to be the smartest person in the internet room.     Wow,  what an epic fail!

We can take this line by line.

Lineman don't like playing for Luck?!?     WTH?!?

Lineman LOVE playing for Luck.   It's like playing for Ben Roethisberger.    A guy who is willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team,  and never criticize a poor performance of a lineman.    In 6 years of getting his brain beat in, Andrew Luck has never criticized a teammate.     You think that goes unnoticed?     And he's lost roughly 1.5 years of his career out of the last 3 years.     You think that goes unnoticed?    Or unappreciated?

Luck does NOT love throwing the Long Ball.    Luck loves winning.    He'd be happy to throw the ball 10 times a game if it led to a win.  In college Luck had a game where he attempted less than 20 passes.   But as a team, Stanford rushed for 450 yards and the Cardinal crushed Washington.   Luck said it was the best game he ever called.   He doesn't give a rip about the long ball.   He cares only about winning.   Period.   He'd be thrilled to a have game where every drive is 10 plays long and the opposing offense is kept off the field.    Nothing would make him happier.

No lineman wants to block for a guy who is waiting for a receiver to come open?   Sorry,  it's the exact opposite,  every lineman would be willing to go to war for Luck because he's trying to make a play happen so the team can win.   A teammate can't ask for more.    Luck is willing to put himself at extreme risk to help his team.    The O-line loves Andrew and he loves them.    Even when they suck.    A few years back, Luck spent a week with the O-line at a cabin by a lake.    You think he's just being a nice guy?

O-lineman don't care if their job is made harder,  as long as it's not done wrecklessly and unnecessarily.   If it means a chance to help the team win,  then O-lineman will work their rear ends off to try and make it happen.   O-lineman are blue collar, lunch pail guys.    They not only don't mind working harder,   they love it....    as long as it helps them win.     And Luck gives them the best chance of that.

I appreciate that you were trying to say something.....    deep....    and meaningful....    and profound...   and that no one else would dare say what you would say.     In this case,  it's with good reason.    Just about every word you wrote is spectacularly wrong and uninformed.

Sorry........   There are plenty of legit things to criticize Luck for....    trying hard to win games is not one of them.     Players not wanting to be his teammate because he makes them look bad is not  one of them.    Luck makes their job harder is not one of them.    Completely false.

No mike drop emoticons? Dang

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap space makes Indy appealing.   Other than that, there may not be much more.   They are coming off of a bad season.   Confidence in Luck is pretty low.   Heck, I keep up with the team pretty well and I don't know if Luck will be able to play this year.  

Pretty week at every position.    That could be a positive for some younger lesser known guys, but not for an established FA.  

It's not a major market.   That is important to some.

On 2/25/2018 at 1:24 AM, crazycolt1 said:

There is a huge difference between hurricanes and tornados. Tornadoes do not relocate thousands of people like Katrina did. The tornados here don't touch what happens in Oklahoma and northern Texas. (tornado ally)

I have been around three serious tornados in my lifetime and even lost both my fraternal grandparents to the Palm Sunday tornados that ripped through in 1965. I was in Spokane Wa. when Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980.  I was also only one day away from being on the I-80 bridge that collapsed  in the Bay Area in 1989.

I will take my chances with a tornado any day over Hurricanes, Volcanos or earthquakes thank you.

It's a toss up.    At least with a hurricane, there is ample warning, not like with a tornado.   

On 2/24/2018 at 11:15 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

There have been three devastating tornadoes here in the Tri-State in my lifetime not to mention the Historic 1925 Tri-State Tornado that destroyed much of Princeton. Maybe it is because I live near 4 Iconic Indiana Rivers

I get exactly where you’re coming from, PrincetonTiger. I’m guessing not many of you have lived down in Evansville? The weather here is not for the faint of heart.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Cap space makes Indy appealing.   Other than that, there may not be much more.  

I disagree. But there are undoubtedly players in the NFL who think just as you. Wives, families, schools, and quality of living for vets can play a big role in their decision making.  

4 hours ago, Myles said:

It's a toss up.    At least with a hurricane, there is ample warning, not like with a tornado.   

Tornados just don't pop up out of the clear blue sky.  The National Weather Service has gotten pretty good at anticipating tornados. There are weather warning sirens pretty much everywhere humans can hear. TV and radio has continually non stop warnings too.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Tornados just don't pop up out of the clear blue sky.  The National Weather Service has gotten pretty good at anticipating tornados. There are weather warning sirens pretty much everywhere humans can hear. TV and radio has continually non stop warnings too.

The problem is when the power goes out

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, but it is still typically a matter of minutes for you to react.   I guess I have seen so much devastation from tornadoes through the years that they scare the crap out of me.  

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

I disagree. But there are undoubtedly players in the NFL who think just as you. Wives, families, schools, and quality of living for vets can play a big role in their decision making.  

I think most players will be living in a pretty good part of the city no matter where they play.   I think the state of the team has more influence.  

Just now, Myles said:

Yeah, but it is still typically a matter of minutes for you to react.   I guess I have seen so much devastation from tornadoes through the years that they scare the crap out of me.  

A few years ago several people were killed in a Tornado Hit a Trailer Park in Evansville at 2 in the morning

Just now, Myles said:

Believe me, I understand that completely. Like I said I have been in 3 serious tornadoes up close. in my lifetime. One even picked up the car I was driving and dropped it off in a corn field. I also lost both my grand parents in a tornado.

But the sheer magnitude of destruction between tornadoes and hurricanes and or earthquakes pales in comparison.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Believe me, I understand that completely. Like I said I have been in 3 serious tornadoes up close. in my lifetime. One even picked up the car I was driving and dropped it off in a corn field. I also lost both my grand parents in a tornado.

But the sheer magnitude of destruction between tornadoes and hurricanes and or earthquakes pales in comparison.

Don’t talk to residents of Henryville, Petersburg or read accounts of the residents of Griffin and Gibson County(Princeton)

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Don’t talk to residents of Henryville, Petersburg or read accounts of the residents of Griffin and Gibson County(Princeton)

I just looked up the 10 worst natural disasters in US history. I find this surprising.

1-Chicago heat wave-739

2-Sea Island hurricane-2,000

3-Peshtigo fire-est. 2,500

4-Us heat wave-1,700

5-Hurricane Katrina-1,836

6-Cheniere Camnedia Hurricane-2,000

7-Johnstown flood-2,000 people

8-Okeechobee hurricane-2,500

9-San Francisco earthquake-3,000

10-Galviston hurricane-12,000

The average loss of life per year in the Us by tornado is 94

I understand tornadoes and how destructive they can be but it the death toll and destruction pales in comparison over other natural disasters.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just looked up the 10 worst natural disasters in US history. I find this surprising.

1-Chicago heat wave-739

2-Sea Island hurricane-2,000

3-Peshtigo fire-est. 2,500

4-Us heat wave-1,700

5-Hurricane Katrina-1,836

6-Cheniere Camnedia Hurricane-2,000

7-Johnstown flood-2,000 people

8-Okeechobee hurricane-2,500

9-San Francisco earthquake-3,000

10-Galviston hurricane-12,000

The average loss of life per year in the Us by tornado is 94

I understand tornadoes and how destructive they can be but it the death toll and destruction pales in comparison over other natural disasters.

The reasons those are major disasters are major communities and prior to mass media

Johnstown was caused by a Dam failure

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The reasons those are major disasters are major communities and prior to mass media

Johnstown was caused by a Dam failure

If you noticed I said natural disasters. The Johnstown flood was due to several days of heavy downpours of rain.

I don't understand at all when the facts speak for themselves you want to argue about it.

3 of these hurricanes hit after 1980 so the mass media was available.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@crazycolt1

You must look at the areas that are affected by Tornadoes and Hurricanes

No one is trying to say Tornadoes are worse than Hurricanes but they can still be and are devastating 

Severe Weather(Tornadoes) can and have caused major damage to the livelihood of persons affected by them

But it pales in comparison.

The name of the thread was the Appeal of the Colts when weather was mentioned.

All the coastal cities are subject to hurricanes including New York. The west coast is subject to earthquakes. So much so the people living there are so used to them most pay no mind. All the means is when the big one does hit it will be the biggest natural disaster in US history. Millions of lives will be lost.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Sure. I think it's ALL about money in 2018..  guys could talk trash about another organization. Then when shown the money they sign.. I'm just waiting for Suggs to join New England.

I think you hit the bottom line right there.

Worrying about tornadoes wont be an issue. :D

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you hit the bottom line right there.

Worrying about tornadoes wont be an issue. :D

lol that's just silly. I'm terrified of tornadoes.. but I don't "worry" about them. I doubt NFL players are worrying about them. 

I've learned, its about the money.  Nobody plays for their favorite team. They go where the green is lol and if Indy has green, they will come here! 

28 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

But it pales in comparison.

The name of the thread was the Appeal of the Colts when weather was mentioned.

All the coastal cities are subject to hurricanes including New York. The west coast is subject to earthquakes. So much so the people living there are so used to them most pay no mind. All the means is when the big one does hit it will be the biggest natural disaster in US history. Millions of lives will be lost.

I don't think tornadoes or hurricanes factor into the appeal.    Normal weather certainly does.   I'd rather have my family living in a better climate, especially if money was not an issue.   

14 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol that's just silly. I'm terrified of tornadoes.. but I don't "worry" about them. I doubt NFL players are worrying about them. 

I've learned, its about the money.  Nobody plays for their favorite team. They go where the green is lol and if Indy has green, they will come here! 

Everything is about money but they are several other factors too

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I don't think tornadoes or hurricanes factor into the appeal.    Normal weather certainly does.   I'd rather have my family living in a better climate, especially if money was not an issue.   

You are correct in the money is the bottom line.

Normal people tend to stay where they are raised and or where the jobs are.