Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players throwing punches

JaguarsWoman

Hours after watching both A.J. Green;and Jalen Ramsey get kicked out of their game despite the lack of evidence Ramsey did anything worth disqualification (according to everyone who talked about it on CBS and replays), I read about three players in the Cardinals/49ers game getting tossed and Mike Evans not getting ejected for punching a Saints player. Is it each officiating crew's fault that these fights happen? I think so. Why are veteran players losing their heads? That I don't know. In Ramsey's case, an unnecessary roughness flag is enough (excluding a possible fine). The same probably can be said about Arizona's Frostee Rucker. What are your opinions about their ejections and why players do this stuff?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000871979/article/aj-green-jalen-ramsey-ejected-during-jaguars-win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000872533/article/three-players-ejected-after-cardinals49ers-skirmish

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000872358/article/sean-payton-mike-evans-should-have-been-ejected

7 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Hours after watching both A.J. Green;and Jalen Ramsey get kicked out of their game despite the lack of evidence Ramsey did anything worth disqualification (according to everyone who talked about it on CBS and replays), I read about three players in the Cardinals/49ers game getting tossed and Mike Evans not getting ejected for punching a Saints player. Is it each officiating crew's fault that these fights happen? I think so. Why are veteran players losing their heads? That I don't know. In Ramsey's case, an unnecessary roughness flag is enough (excluding a possible fine). The same probably can be said about Arizona's Frostee Rucker. What are your opinions about their ejections and why players do this stuff?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000871979/article/aj-green-jalen-ramsey-ejected-during-jaguars-win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000872533/article/three-players-ejected-after-cardinals49ers-skirmish

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000872358/article/sean-payton-mike-evans-should-have-been-ejected

I think your seeing a lot of frustration ooz out. A lot of teams seasons are slipping away and thus the frustration is high. I could make some references to these players character but I'm not qualified knowing enough about them but this is the time when players seasons are going down the toilet and I expect more of it.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

I know nothing about any of this.

Beats me...

I only watched the A.J. Green/Jalen Ramsey skirmish. Ramsey shoved Green to the ground. I do not know what prompted that, but it certainly was not worth being grabbed by the neck, thrown to the ground, and punched in the helmet four times.

13 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Hours after watching both A.J. Green;and Jalen Ramsey get kicked out of their game despite the lack of evidence Ramsey did anything worth disqualification (according to everyone who talked about it on CBS and replays),

haha I died when I saw green punching a guys helmet.. But dang, Green must've been reaaal salty. Sure Ramsey shoved him (we've all seen it before) but he walked away and was getting ready for the next play, no bad blood there. AJ could've just shoved him back. But he wanted to kill the poor dude dang AJ... Relax it's just football lol

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

haha I died when I saw green punching a guys helmet.. But dang, Green must've been reaaal salty. Sure Ramsey shoved him (we've all seen it before) but he walked away and was getting ready for the next play, no bad blood there. AJ could've just shoved him back. But he wanted to kill the poor dude dang AJ... Relax it's just football lol

Not too many mental giants playing in the NFL. Gotta have a little crazy in you to get out there at all. I'm not saying anything about AJ or anyone in particular...but fights have happened since the beginning of the league and will continue long after this week I'm sure.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not too many mental giants playing in the NFL. Gotta have a little crazy in you to get out there at all. I'm not saying anything about AJ or anyone in particular...but fights have happened since the beginning of the league and will continue long after this week I'm sure.

Are you condoning the acts that get players ejected from games such as what happened yesterday?

I don't get it. Mike Evans is suspended one week for tackling shoving Marshon Lattimore to the ground but A.J. Green avoided a suspension for grabbing Jalen Ramsey by the neck, throwing him to the ground, and punching his helmet 4 times? Good grief. The NFL has a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000873414/article/aj-green-jalen-ramsey-will-not-be-suspended

I wouldn't harp on it if I were a Jags fan. The Jags are doing well, and this might finally spell the end for Marvin Lewis. Marvin Lewis obviously wasn't Bill Belichik to this division but the Bengals would be a total nonfactor for atleast a year if they finally made the change.

4 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I don't get it. Mike Evans is suspended one week for tackling shoving Marshon Lattimore to the ground but A.J. Green avoided a suspension for grabbing Jalen Ramsey by the neck, throwing him to the ground, and punching his helmet 4 times? Good grief. The NFL has a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000873414/article/aj-green-jalen-ramsey-will-not-be-suspended

Go look at what Suh got for choking a QB never understand NFL s punishments . 

20 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Are you condoning the acts that get players ejected from games such as what happened yesterday?

No.....just saying there have always been fights...nothing out of the ordinary. The fact a few happened the same week is just coincidence. Salty players...seasons going down the drain...it happens....and its stupid. This isn't the NHL...the league will discipline them. They get personal foul penalties and possibly thrown out of the game...outside of that I doubt we see much happen outside a fine. If it was repeat offenders or something just outrageous like beating a guy with your helmet or really trying to hurt someone then that's one thing. Throwing some punches like AJ did or what happened with the 49ers and Cardinals with the late hit..that stuff just happens. Obviously nobody condones it...but I don't think anyone gets worked up over it. In the long list of what is wrong with the NFL right now...fighting is pretty close to the bottom.

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Suh had long standing issues with personal fouls and stomping on other players.

Evans has never had a problem before.

Neither did A.J. Green. If one first-time offender gets suspended, why not another guy who did something much worse on the same day? Players involved in the Cardinals/49ers scuffle were also first-time offenders and suspended.

When Ndamukong Suh stomped on a Packers guard, suspensions for personal fouls were a new idea. Since then the NFL has suspended players for poking another player in the eye (Aqib Talib), three personal fouls in one game (Odell Beckham), causing a concussion with the crown of his helmet (Danny Trevathan), and grabbing an official after a play he was not in on (Marshawn Lynch). None of those players had a history or reputation of being dirty,

25 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Neither did A.J. Green. If one first-time offender gets suspended, why not another guy who did something much worse on the same day? Players involved in the Cardinals/49ers scuffle were also first-time offenders and suspended.

When Ndamukong Suh stomped on a Packers guard, suspensions for personal fouls were a new idea. Since then the NFL has suspended players for poking another player in the eye (Aqib Talib), three personal fouls in one game (Odell Beckham), causing a concussion with the crown of his helmet (Danny Trevathan), and grabbing an official after a play he was not in on (Marshawn Lynch). None of those players had a history or reputation of being dirty,

I suppose you care more about WHO it happened to then the actual result of suspension or not. Fact was Ramsey started it...and Green finished it. Perhaps he shouldn't poke the bear...or perhaps poking him benefited the team either way its done and wasn't that big of a deal. Green is a long tenured player in the league with no prior record. It was a face to face altercation with no cheap shot and no significant chance of injurying Ramsey. I suspect that this matter is more that it happened to your guy then anything else. I didn't see you start a topic when Alonso didn't get suspended for his hit or any other number of instances that have happened this year. I've seen more than Green throw a punch this year...and yet this is the first time you are upset someone didn't get suspended. Life isn't fair...and neither is the NFL...and I think your trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:23 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

Something is going on.  I think there is a cultural change going on in the the NFL where players seem to get caught up in individual battles; like the notion of defending their turf, or pride, or QB, out of being disrespected in their eyes.

And when something good happens, they have to celebrate.  A sack.  A first down.  A hard hit.  Show up the other guy. 

Its like they are focused on winning little individual battles during the game, instead of being focused on winning the game.  

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Something is going on.  I think there is a cultural change going on in the the NFL where players seem to get caught up in individual battles; like the notion of defending their turf, or pride, or QB, out of being disrespected in their eyes.

And when something good happens, they have to celebrate.  A sack.  A first down.  A hard hit.  Show up the other guy. 

Its like they are focused on winning little individual battles during the game, instead of being focused on winning the game.  

It isn't just the NFL....I mean have you seen facebook and snapchat etc etc etc....people LOVE the attention. It's a look at me world now my friend...I guess tune it out or get used to it.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

It isn't just the NFL....I mean have you seen facebook and snapchat etc etc etc....people LOVE the attention. It's a look at me world now my friend...I guess tune it out or get used to it.

Maybe.  Has baseball or basketball changed in that way the past few years?  I don't know I'm asking.  I don't watch those sports.

7 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

You have gone way out on a limb with bringing Lynch into this discussion. Grabbing an official has been an automatic suspension for as long as I can remember. Any player who goes through the protocol of playing in the league has been told this and it's always been common knowledge. That rule applies to all the three major sports.

DougDew and dgambill are right to an extent. DougDew's point applies to frauds like the Bengals and Buccs. Even on good years do they ever stand a chance against, say, the Pats? Then that FB and SnapChat stuff...it's always the attention *s (that last word starts with a W but sounds like an H) who are trying the hardest and getting the least in return. They just don't get it and they never will.

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

Maybe.  Has baseball or basketball changed in that way the past few years?  I don't know I'm asking.  I don't watch those sports.

Yep...I mean do you see the crying and carrying on on the court in the NBA. I watch very little NBA anymore because of how they act...and the tweeting etc...its pretty bad. Baseball same way...guys tossing their bats do celebrations rounding the bases...then pitchers getting all upset and beaning them. Don't get me wrong...players celebrate..but the attention hounds are all over sports and society today. Heaven forbid a reporter call someone out for what they say or do and then its a fire storm. There have always been problems...but now its the norm. The look at me and my brand and listen to what I have to say culture is in deep now....it starts so young with the social media stuff and just carries over to the rest of life too now.

"Heaven forbid a reporter call someone out for what they say or do and then its a fire storm "

Like Odell Beckham's weird relationship with the kicking net last season. Drew Stanton was criticized for smiling on the sideline during a bad game for the Cardinals and his nasty reaction to the sideline reporter who asked him about that. Josh Lambo, then San Diego's kicker, grabbed national attention for laughing after missing a game-winning FG try. It's unfair to the players that the media writes about their body language and does not know what should be private.