Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drafted David Johnson

If you drafted David Johnson either 1 or 2, I'm interested to see what you did to over come that loss? I'm 0-5 currently. I haven't found a replacement for him yet and I have had bad luck all season long. My players don't score the week I play them. What's worse is, I'm the TWO time defending champ. I'm eating so much crow this year..

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

If you drafted David Johnson either 1 or 2, I'm interested to see what you did to over come that loss? I'm 0-5 currently. I haven't found a replacement for him yet and I have had bad luck all season long. My players don't score the week I play them. What's worse is, I'm the TWO time defending champ. I'm eating so much crow this year..

That sucks lol I drafted fournette lol so I'm 5-0 right now but a dude in my league traded for Johnson right befoire he got hurt and he gave up Aaron Rodgers lol

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

That sucks lol I drafted fournette lol so I'm 5-0 right now but a dude in my league traded for Johnson right befoire he got hurt and he gave up Aaron Rodgers lol

When did you draft Fournette? My deal is.. I always like QB's first. Everyone tells me that's bad.. I don't know what to think. I wanted Rodgers badly but my buddies no my love for him and stole him just so I didn't get him (jerk ha). But at least you know with QB's who's gonna score points for the year. RB's are too wishy washy for me.

Top 3 pre draft RB's

David Johnson

Le'veon Bell

LeSean McCoy

Top 3 guys now

Kareem Hunt

Todd Gurley

Lennord Fournette

who would've drafted these guys that high??

32 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

When did you draft Fournette? My deal is.. I always like QB's first. Everyone tells me that's bad.. I don't know what to think. I wanted Rodgers badly but my buddies no my love for him and stole him just so I didn't get him (jerk ha). But at least you know with QB's who's gonna score points for the year. RB's are too wishy washy for me.

Top 3 pre draft RB's

David Johnson

Le'veon Bell

LeSean McCoy

Top 3 guys now

Kareem Hunt

Todd Gurley

Lennord Fournette

I took him in the 2nd round lol I knew he would be great I'm a huge fan of his plus in my draft everyone took backs really early they were almost gone lol I took Freeman in the 1st round 

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I drafted David Johnson, but I also picked up Kareem hunt immediately after Spencer Ware got hurt and then traded for Leonard Fournette right after David Johnson got hurt for the year, so I'm currently 4-1. It sucks losing David Johnson, but you also shouldn't be taking QB's early, the average points scored between an elite QB and average QB in fantasy is very minuscule. The only exception IMO, is in a 2 QB league. The difference between the elite RB's and the average RB's are much higher. You made the right decision, you just got a horrible result. So when something like this happens, you have to trade from a position of strength for a position of weakness (RB). You should also be going for a high upside option. I took Fournette, if it worked, I'm whole again, if not, I was going to lose anyway.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I drafted David Johnson, but I also picked up Kareem hunt immediately after Spencer Ware got hurt and then traded for Leonard Fournette right after David Johnson got hurt for the year, so I'm currently 4-1. It sucks losing David Johnson, but you also shouldn't be taking QB's early, the average points scored between an elite QB and average QB in fantasy is very minuscule. The only exception IMO, is in a 2 QB league. The difference between the elite RB's and the average RB's are much higher. You made the right decision, you just got a horrible result. So when something like this happens, you have to trade from a position of strength for a position of weakness (RB). You should also be going for a high upside option. I took Fournette, if it worked, I'm whole again, if not, I was going to lose anyway.

This may have worked out for you but that don't work out so easy when you are in a 12 team league. The draft order changes every week to where the #1 pick goes to last place team automatically.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This may have worked out for you but that don't work out so easy when you are in a 12 team league. The draft order changes every week to where the #1 pick goes to last place team automatically.

True.

In my neighborhood league, everyone is on auto draft. It is a few newbies and a few vets.

So, in my pre-draft settings, outside the obvious first round backs, I placed Kareem Hunt and Leonard Fournette in my top 15, so ended up with David Johnson in the 1st, Leonard Fournette in the second and Kareem Hunt in the third. Hence I am sitting pretty at 5-0 in that league. I got Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz as my QBs and it has turned out just fine for me. :) 

Whether it's been AP, Doug Martin, etc. I have a history of my 1st round RB being hurt in the first few weeks.  I think this is the first year in a while where my 1st-rd RB is actually still healthy at this point.  (Knock on wood, Devonta Freeman)

I was glad I didn't have the #1 overall pick.  If I did, I was probably gonna take Antonio Brown just to be safe.

I have trust issues with drafting RBs in the top-5...

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Dang...sorry...had those years. Man I scour the waiver wires week to week. If its a VERY competitive well informed league a couple injuries will pretty much crush you. All you can do is try to just get into the playoffs and then get lucky for those two weeks. If not I look for matchups week to week....try to anticipate players that might benefit if a guy goes down. Lets be honest mostly the guys on your bench outside 1 or 2 rarely make your starting lineup. Thus I stash guys that I think might blow up later in the season or if an injury occurs. Your never going to make up for a David Johnson type loss but you can still get quality points from guys on the waiver depending on their matchups....don't be afraid to go after them. You might look at a guy like McKinnon who is filling in for Cook....a guy like Ingram who now should get a lot more extra carries with AP gone. Sure he won't run as much in NO but he will get likely all the goal line carries now. Maybe stash away a backup in case a main runner goes down like say Tevin Coleman. Doug Martin was out there in a lot of leagues I stashed him away and I think he will have a good second half. Its going to be tough man...at this point don't be afraid to make bold moves...bench starters that you normally wouldn't in favor of a guy with a great matchup...got nothing to lose. 

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Top 3 pre draft RB's

David Johnson

Le'veon Bell

LeSean McCoy

Top 3 guys now

Kareem Hunt

Todd Gurley

Lennord Fournette

Its hard to say. I draft any rb in a good system that is expected to start. I will say week 1 I had Gurley and Hunt on my bench though....got them in rounds 4 and 5. I never draft a qb in the first 5 rounds. I still end up with a Drew Brees or a Philip Rivers or a Matt Ryan etc. QBs, TEs, Def, and Ks.....all at the end. Depending on the board I've taken RB in 3 of the first 4 rounds with great success. Just stuff your bench with RBs and a couple Wrs. I have no backup qb no backup def or kicker etc. If I like my matchup I'll just start a guy on his bye even or I'll drop a guy at the end of my bench to get one off the waiver to fill in. Last week with Brees out I picked up Watson and he got me like 35 pts. There are always a qb on the waiver wire that will at least get you 15pts minimum. Don't waste your time holding onto these extra players that will only play 1 week out of the year....go out and scoop up guys with high upsides say if there is an injury...or heck even rookies...you rookies are usually slow to get going but as they learn more get more opportunities as the season progresses. Sounds like what you have done works though...you've won your league many times...maybe just a bad luck season...happens.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, dgambill said:

Dang...sorry...had those years. Man I scour the waiver wires week to week. If its a VERY competitive well informed league a couple injuries will pretty much crush you. All you can do is try to just get into the playoffs and then get lucky for those two weeks. If not I look for matchups week to week....try to anticipate players that might benefit if a guy goes down. Lets be honest mostly the guys on your bench outside 1 or 2 rarely make your starting lineup. Thus I stash guys that I think might blow up later in the season or if an injury occurs. Your never going to make up for a David Johnson type loss but you can still get quality points from guys on the waiver depending on their matchups....don't be afraid to go after them. You might look at a guy like McKinnon who is filling in for Cook....a guy like Ingram who now should get a lot more extra carries with AP gone. Sure he won't run as much in NO but he will get likely all the goal line carries now. Maybe stash away a backup in case a main runner goes down like say Tevin Coleman. Doug Martin was out there in a lot of leagues I stashed him away and I think he will have a good second half. Its going to be tough man...at this point don't be afraid to make bold moves...bench starters that you normally wouldn't in favor of a guy with a great matchup...got nothing to lose. 

The Waiver is very competitive.. But I just have the Hex on me this year. I picked up J. Allen a month ago.. he crapped on me for 2 straight weeks.. I dropped him before they played the Raiders....

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:49 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The Waiver is very competitive.. But I just have the Hex on me this year. I picked up J. Allen a month ago.. he crapped on me for 2 straight weeks.. I dropped him before they played the Raiders....

Yeah that sucks. Lol literally all the guys I gave you had good days yesterday, McKinnon, Ingram, Coleman all had TDs...Martin had a good day too. Some years will just be like that....good luck next year man!!

On 10/15/2017 at 7:49 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The thing with FF is, you have to be patient but if you cannot be, you better be sure about the guy you are picking up on a whim. It doesn't always work out but a bird in hand is better than one in the bush. 

In 2 leagues, I drafted Jamison Crowder and Tyrell Williams. In the beginning of the year, you'd think those would be good picks. But now, those are colossal busts. I drop Tyrell Williams adopting the 3-strikes and you are out for a player drafted rounds 9 or later (my philosophy is 3 bad weeks and that player is out, especially if I did not draft them for starting every week), and then he goes off vs the Eagles. Then, he is back to sucking again.

You have to think of it as a stock that you sold for a small profit or a small loss. It may go up after you sold it but there is NOTHING to be gained by looking at those results, in a revisionist fashion, absolutely NOTHING. Just take solace in the fact that there are thousands or probably more in FF that have faced situations like yours. Don't get worked up about it and keep your chin up. :) 

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah that sucks. Lol literally all the guys I gave you had good days yesterday, McKinnon, Ingram, Coleman all had TDs...Martin had a good day too. Some years will just be like that....good luck next year man!!

Lol it's okay I swapped Murray for McKinnon as soon as Waivers came. So that was good. Hyde actually showed up. So I got good RB production yesterday. BUUUUT. The saints scored 52 points yesterday. Drew Brees and Michaels Thomas combined scored 16 points for me hahaha. So yes, I'm up 5  and facing D.Walker. and with Mariota back i'm cooked lol.. better luck next year!

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You have to think of it as a stock that you sold for a small profit or a small loss. It may go up after you sold it but there is NOTHING to be gained by looking at those results, in a revisionist fashion, absolutely NOTHING. Just take solace in the fact that there are thousands or probably more in FF that have faced situations like yours. Don't get worked up about it and keep your chin up. :) 

Hahaha I always tell my buddies fantasy football is sooo stressful! Every game has someone who "can't" and someone who "has" to score. You're either jumping for joy. Or extremely *. It's such a bad addiction :lol:

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hahaha I always tell my buddies fantasy football is sooo stressful! Every game has someone who "can't" and someone who "has" to score. You're either jumping for joy. Or extremely *. It's such a bad addiction :lol:

I know. I took a 5 point lead against my opponent when Antonio Brown scored in a lucky bounce vs the Chiefs. Then, in garbage time, Patrick Peterson leaves with an injury and they go to Mike Evans who had been contained since then but he is now guarded by Justin Bethel, and that TD gives my opponent a 5 point lead for the win. 

All the shoulda woulda coulda comes into place then. :) You have to gain some strength with losing instead of feeling sorry for yourself, just like in life. Too much time spent on feeling sorry for yourself gives you nothing in return.

• 2 months later...