Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis with The Herd

ColtsBlitz

This video is kind of old, but I just watched it since it popped up in my YT feed. He talks about how hard it is to face an elite offensive line, but what stood out to me is that he said "great teams are built off the field" and "once those guys (oline) spend some time together (2-3 years) is when they get that chemistry, that click that makes them tough". He also points out that 80% of games are won in the trenches, so it supports Ballard's gameplan for players he leans towards. Just something to keep you guys busy, it seems like the start of the season is ages away. 

21 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

This video is kind of old, but I just watched it since it popped up in my YT feed. He talks about how hard it is to face an elite offensive line, but what stood out to me is that he said "great teams are built off the field" and "once those guys (oline) spend some time together (2-3 years) is when they get that chemistry, that click that makes them tough". He also points out that 80% of games are won in the trenches, so it supports Ballard's gameplan for players he leans towards. Just something to keep you guys busy, it seems like the start of the season is ages away. 

If anyone would know, it'd definitely be Ray Lewis, that guy has seen it all.

Since manning was drafted we have been wanting to address the lines. They've tried "DT from OH who wanted to play video games" to signing a couple guys. Fatso from philly who couldn't stay healthy or stop eating. To booger, when healthy him and sanders killed it in the Postt season

13 hours ago, BOTT said:

I think it's always been obvious how a team should be built.  I guess that's why I have been a frustrated colts fan for many years.

If you take the Bears GM for example, you see someone who 'thinks' they made the right decision and since we as humans refuse to see our own mistakes when they are major and pretty much obvious, we act like it will work out and refuse to see the truth. That's where Grigson most frequently failed. Also complacency sets in and I'm sure anyone knows that one lazy friend. That's basically the bad GMs or bad anything. This is also why I like Ballard, because since being hired, he was working. Don't worry about being as frustrated because unless Ballard becomes complacent, we will be a consistent playoff team once again. 

Hopefully our oline can develop into a serious weapon long term. Jack Mewhort, Joe Haeg, Ryan Kelly, Le'Raven Clark, Zach Banner are all under 25, and have still a lot of room for improvement. There is still more left in Costanzo too. I like that Ballard has prioritized building between the lines. He gets it, Grigson didn't.

35 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Hopefully our oline can develop into a serious weapon long term. Jack Mewhort, Joe Haeg, Ryan Kelly, Le'Raven Clark, Zach Banner are all under 25, and have still a lot of room for improvement. There is still more left in Costanzo too. I like that Ballard has prioritized building between the lines. He gets it, Grigson didn't.

You could lump both Polians in the 'not getting it' group.