Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Article on Game

bigt

Indeed we were Krunk. I think our Oline played admirably vs a top 10 defense in their house. No complaints from me. Maybe it was the quick rhythm passing attack (about time...) but that's why you run a quick rhythm passing attack. Luck had a clean pocket way more often than not. 

2 hours ago, krunk said:

This is the stuff that kinda makes you wonder about their system. Anybody who watched that game would not come away thinking we struggled in pass pro or running the football. We were fine in both departments overall.

No we weren't. Averaged less than 3.4 YPC for starters. 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

This is the stuff that kinda makes you wonder about their system. Anybody who watched that game would not come away thinking we struggled in pass pro or running the football. We were fine in both departments overall.

I totally get where you're coming from but PFF's system is very detail-oriented.

The pass protection appeared serviceable mostly because Luck was incredible today (he would've been ever better if you take away the 4 drops).  Luck also was getting rid of the ball quickly. 

And Gore got dinged today for failing to break a single tackle.  I think he's probably still a little beat up from the Houston game. 

I was personally thrilled that Robinson had a good game.  He needed that for his confidence. 

5 hours ago, krunk said:

We didn't run the ball well.

As for pass protection, we're probably the wrong people to ask.  Most of us have forgotten what respectable O-line play looks like.  We have incredibly low standards. 

44 minutes ago, #12. said:

We didn't run the ball well.

As for pass protection, we're probably the wrong people to ask.  Most of us have forgotten what respectable O-line play looks like.  We have incredibly low standards. 

over exaggeration again. Gore averaged 4ypc so hows that struggling to run?

anytime the colts get into panic mode up by 8 to 14 pts they go pass happy and forget they have Gore who can chip away 3 to 4 yards a carrier. Saw in yesterday game as in the games before. for some reason the coaches think they have to start passing on downs when it is not necessary. The colts finally have some sort of running game not a great one yet the O-line are opening a few holes and the coaches hit the panic button.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Same for the pass pro. Luck had plenty of time in the pocket for most of the game

I wonder if they take into account time allowed to the QB to throw in their evaluation. For example, pressure at the 1.5 sec of the snap is different from pressure at the 4th sec of the snap.

On the other hand I think fans perception of the O-line is sometimes skewed by the completion rate in snaps under pressure. For example, people forget you allowed a pressure(or don't hold it against O-line) when the QB makes a great throw under pressure, but they remember it (or rather blame the O-line) when the QB is pressured and can't make a throw. This specific game is an example of precisely this - seems like we allowed a lot of pressures, but Luck was great under pressure, completing 9 out of 15 passes.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wonder if they take into account time allowed to the QB to throw in their evaluation. For example, pressure at the 1.5 sec of the snap is different from pressure at the 4th sec of the snap.

On the other hand I think fans perception of the O-line is sometimes skewed by the completion rate in snaps under pressure. For example, people forget you allowed a pressure(or don't hold it against O-line) when the QB makes a great throw under pressure, but they remember it (or rather blame the O-line) when the QB is pressured and can't make a throw. This specific game is an example of precisely this - seems like we allowed a lot of pressures, but Luck was great under pressure, completing 9 out of 15 passes.

They started blitzing quite a bit in spots so if they bring more guys than you can block then is that really accounted as bad protection?  Stuff like that I have questions about...

31 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Even if the first number you said was correct that still wouldn't be good.

All 22 isn't available yet but Gore ran 8 times in the first half for 34 yards at 4.25 ypc. 9 times in 2nd half for 3 ypc. Not sure the cause of it because I haven't re-watched the game and during the game I get to involved in the game to pay attention to that stuff often. Started off good though