Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Mock I Have Found Has Colt's Picking 2 OLB and a CB in the First 3 Rounds

http://www.draftutopia.com/2017nflmockdraft.html

I love the picks this mock draftee gave us. While he has us picking higher than I would like, he gives us some great picks. We start at Pick 13 with Charles Harris, snag another OLB Round 2 in Devonte Fields, and finishes up with CB Cordrea Tankersley in the Third. I feel the picks of Harris and Fields will turn into a Mathis/Freeney-esque combo. While I would rather have Royce Freeman in Round 3 ,who he has going 7 picks after us, I wouldn't mind a CB to develop. What do you all think?

Love it. This isn't the first mock I've seen with the Colts taking Harris. I like it. I have to do more research but I here he's the real deal. They changed his DC who apparently uses him terribly so he should slip under the radar even if the Colts do draft later than 13. Idk about Devonte Fields. Remember Grigson said no guys with character issues in the first 4 rounds. He's stuck by that. I'd take a CB in that slot or best RB available.

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Love it. This isn't the first mock I've seen with the Colts taking Harris. I like it. I have to do more research but I here he's the real deal. They changed his DC who apparently uses him terribly so he should slip under the radar even if the Colts do draft later than 13. Idk about Devonte Fields. Remember Grigson said no guys with character issues in the first 4 rounds. He's stuck by that. I'd take a CB in that slot or best RB available.

I would love to see D the first 2 days. I think you are right about Fields. The DV is bad news. I don't think we spend an early pick but someone will. 

I really hope we are not tempted by a RB in the 1st unless some how Cook falls. I could see Grig's going that way. I think there will be talent still on the board day 3.

After Fournette Cook McCafferty Chub. The next 10.or so RB's could come off in just about any order. I have Freeman solidly in this top 5 but some will think he's a system back. No way but you will hear it. 

Then guys like  McClure Smith Hood Mixon and Boom Williams are potential day 3 steals. A couple of tbe big names undoubtedly fall to the 4th IMO. have been watching Kentucky to see Stanley Boom Williams. I like this kid a draft eligible Jr. 

How would you guys like a mock draft like this for Indy?

-Indy trades 2017 2nd and 2018 2nd for Cleveland's 33rd overall pick

Round 1 Pick 17: Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
Round 3 Pick 17: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
Round 4 Pick 17: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, ILB/OLB, Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 33(comp for Fleener): Johnathan Ford, FS, Auburn
Round 5 Pick 17: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Round 6 Pick 17: Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida
Round 7 Pick 17: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

Harris and Smoot would give Indy a good pair of pass rushing OLBs for the future. Freeman to me is the next Jonathan Stewart but with better hands. Maybin would give a better option at COVER ILB. Ford would potentially replace Mike Adams as the team's 3rd safety if they still intend to use 3 safeties on the field on occasion. Facyson and Moreau can be coached up for depth, but I could see Indy also bringing in another CB in FA. And Mack is a more dynamic option at RB to add more talent in the backfield.

17 hours ago, BProland85 said:

How would you guys like a mock draft like this for Indy?

-Indy trades 2017 2nd and 2018 2nd for Cleveland's 33rd overall pick

Round 1 Pick 17: Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
Round 3 Pick 17: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
Round 4 Pick 17: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, ILB/OLB, Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 33(comp for Fleener): Johnathan Ford, FS, Auburn
Round 5 Pick 17: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Round 6 Pick 17: Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida
Round 7 Pick 17: Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

Harris and Smoot would give Indy a good pair of pass rushing OLBs for the future. Freeman to me is the next Jonathan Stewart but with better hands. Maybin would give a better option at COVER ILB. Ford would potentially replace Mike Adams as the team's 3rd safety if they still intend to use 3 safeties on the field on occasion. Facyson and Moreau can be coached up for depth, but I could see Indy also bringing in another CB in FA. And Mack is a more dynamic option at RB to add more talent in the backfield.

I respect what you're trying to do with the mock and plug holes and of those that I have knowledge on, I don't dislike any of your picks.

Although, I would be very hesitant to give away 2 2nd round picks just to get a higher 2nd round pick. Too many holes to fill and ageing vets to replace to start trading away high picks.

On 9/29/2016 at 6:28 AM, WarGhost21 said:

http://www.draftutopia.com/2017nflmockdraft.html

I love the picks this mock draftee gave us. While he has us picking higher than I would like, he gives us some great picks. We start at Pick 13 with Charles Harris, snag another OLB Round 2 in Devonte Fields, and finishes up with CB Cordrea Tankersley in the Third. I feel the picks of Harris and Fields will turn into a Mathis/Freeney-esque combo. While I would rather have Royce Freeman in Round 3 ,who he has going 7 picks after us, I wouldn't mind a CB to develop. What do you all think?

Tankersly I think has a first round grade from Kiper and perhaps McShay....     So, I would't be confident that he'd last to our pick in the 3rd round....

Also,  the problem with those 3 picks is that there's no running back.     I'd hate to wait until the 4th round to take a RB.      This is a great class of backs,  I'd prefer to take one of them on Day 2......

Oh,  and I think there's little chance that Freeman lasts until our pick in the 3rd round.       Believe he'll be gone before the end of R2.

10 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

We need to come out of this draft with 3-4 impact players. Preferably 2 beast EDGE rushers, a CB, and a RB.... A feature back. This class is stacked at RB as we all know.

I think the chances of coming out of one draft with two beast edge rushers is pretty slim.

I can't remember when anyone has done that.....

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the chances of coming out of one draft with two beast edge rushers is pretty slim.

I can't remember when anyone has done that.....

I don't know about a specific time, but I'm sure its happened. There's been a lot of teams over the years come out of a draft with 4-5 impact players.

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't know about a specific time, but I'm sure its happened. There's been a lot of teams over the years come out of a draft with 4-5 impact players.

Look at what you wrote.....       two completely different things.

1.    You want 4-5 impact players (by the way,  this rarely happens, at least, not as rookies)

2.     You want two impact edge rushers.     (this is what I responded to.   Teams rarely, if ever, get two impact rushers in the same draft,  again, especially as rookies)

1.Charles Harris-DE/OLB. strong quick twitch pass rusher who gets off the ball quick and can put immediate pressure on the QB. Flexible athlete that can bend the corner

2.Zach Cunningham-ILB Vanderbilt. Good cover ILB that can also play OLB

3.Royce Freeman-RB Oregon. Do it all RB. Probably wont last till the 3rd but that's my pick for now 

4.Cooper Kupp-WR Eastern Washington. Big strong wr. Not going to be the fastest wr on the field but can go up and get jump balls and get off tight coverage which we need

This will undoubtedly change over time some

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

1.Charles Harris-DE/OLB. strong quick twitch pass rusher who gets off the ball quick and can put immediate pressure on the QB. Flexible athlete that can bend the corner

2.Zach Cunningham-ILB Vanderbilt. Good cover ILB that can also play OLB

3.Royce Freeman-RB Oregon. Do it all RB. Probably wont last till the 3rd but that's my pick for now 

4.Cooper Kupp-WR Eastern Washington. Big strong wr. Not going to be the fastest wr on the field but can go up and get jump balls and get off tight coverage which we need

This will undoubtedly change over time some

Do you think you can flip-flop Freeman and Cunningham?       I would think that Freeman is available in the 2nd, but would Cunningham be available in the 3rd?

Just asking.....

It's way too early in the process.........

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you think you can flip-flop Freeman and Cunningham?       I would think that Freeman is available in the 2nd, but would Cunningham be available in the 3rd?

Just asking.....

It's way too early in the process.........

You really never can tell when it comes down to it. Sometimes you think you have a think you have a player pegged where you think he should go and then some other team grabs him a round earlier. I know Cunningham has the ability to cover and go sideline to sideline which is gravely needed among our ILB's. I like Freeman but I think a rb can be had in the 3rd or 4th that can be just as capable of doing things he can do if Freeman is not there. I like him but I don't consider him a must have in this draft for that very reason. I believe a cover ILB is a must have in this draft. I'm tired of the 2 down thumpers