Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

wonder what a pacers vs jazz all time, all star match up would look like

id make the pacers line up

PG- mark jackson

SG- reggie

sf- pg13

PF- george mcginnis

c- ric smitts? not sure who to put here

what would the jazz team look like?  they better come strong, this pacers line up is pretty ridiculous

Could put JO in at Center too 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

LeBron fouled out and without Tristan Thompson, I guess they have no big people on the bench.

Looks like we play Boston or Cleveland ...if we get in

If the Bucks lose their last two and we win our last two we can get sixth... they play the Hornets and the Celtics. They should beat the Hornets though. We just need to win and let everything else work itself out.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Russell Westbrook, ladies and gentlemen!  What an unbelievable season.  I never thought someone in today's game would be able to dominate like that and break the Big O's record, but he's done it.  Hats off to him.  He should absolutely be the MVP.

Yep he is the man! As of now they will play Houston in Round 1 and take on Mr Harden! That should be an unreal series.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder who we will play? Can you believe the Cavs blew a 26 point lead!

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with the Cavs right now.  I still think they'll be fine, but as has been said in this thread before, they won't walk all over the East like they usually do. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All right I fell asleep, what the hell happen to the Cavs? They were by 26 in the 4th Q and lost!!

Their bench is garbage and the refs sucked. 2 ticky tack falls to get LeBron fouled out. LeBron called timeout late in the 4th when they trapped Kyrie in the corner and forced a jump ball. They called a 5 second violation on the Cavs when it had been only been 3 seconds max. The refs must have been Hawks fans.

I will say though that the Cavs bench is horrible and their overall defense is horrible. A good portion of the team is there from last year's championship team so they will probably get it together in the playoffs, but it does not look good right now.

It's basketball just enjoyable to watch? I don't even have a favorite basketball team. I could literately watch almost any game. I like watching the Warriors. Westbrook is a beast. Harden is amazing. Cheer against the Spurs. And it's just funny watching the Cavs fall into outter space then somehow come Sat will be shooting the lights out and sweeping teams.. just wow. Playoff time is coming!! :)

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It's basketball just enjoyable to watch? I don't even have a favorite basketball team. I could literately watch almost any game. I like watching the Warriors. Westbrook is a beast. Harden is amazing. Cheer against the Spurs. And it's just funny watching the Cavs fall into outter space then somehow come Sat will be shooting the lights out and sweeping teams.. just wow. Playoff time is coming!! :)

I have never been a LeBron fan but think he's the best player in the league, I love the Pacers but they have been a .500 team most of the season. They are playing better as of late though. What Westbrook has been doing this season is amazing, he is hands down the MVP. 

I have never been a LeBron fan but think he's the best player in the league, I love the Pacers but they have been a .500 team most of the season. They are playing better as of late though. What Westbrook has been doing this season is amazing, he is hands down the MVP. 

I used to hate him.. but once I watched him play for team USA in 2006 and then again in 2008 I started to like him. I cheered for him in Miami. Now that he's back in Cleveland I could care less, I'm happy he was able to win for Cleveland last year ( although I was rooting for Warriors) But I find it funny when the Cavs lose now. They seemed to have mad the most moves in a panic to keep up with Warriors. It's all blowing up in their face now  lmao

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I used to hate him.. but once I watched him play for team USA in 2006 and then again in 2008 I started to like him. I cheered for him in Miami. Now that he's back in Cleveland I could care less, I'm happy he was able to win for Cleveland last year ( although I was rooting for Warriors) But I find it funny when the Cavs lose now. They seemed to have mad the most moves in a panic to keep up with Warriors. It's all blowing up in their face now  lmao

Yeah they are 34,000,000 dollars over the Salary Cap so in reality they should win it all with that stack team they have in Irving, Love, JR, Korver, Thompson, + LeBron. LeBron is a special player and has been the best player really since around 2011 after Kobe had his run without Shaq in 2009/2010. LeBron is in my Top 10 of all-time as well but far from the GOAT, JMO. I didn't like it when he left Cleveland to play with Wade in Miami, I just thought joining Wade was an easy way for him to get a Ring and it was really unfair to the rest of the teams. When the Mavs beat them in 2011 I celebrated bigtime! Dirk had no other all-stars and the Mavs still wiped them out without HCA. Jason Terry punked Miami lmao.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1997 Jazz probably shouldve won the Championship. They lost 3 games by 2 points to Chicago in that Finals and it took Michael Jordan to pull that off. The 1998 Pacers took Michael 7 games and was up late in Game 7 in Chicago before losing at the end. I have them as 1 and 2 regarding best teams not to win it all. The 2002 Kings would probably be 3rd, they had more overall talent than the Lakers had but the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq + Horry who was Mr Clutch!

I loved that 2000-2004 Kings Team. They got robbed against the Lakers.  That crap that Tim Donaghy pulled was nonsense.  The Kings had the Lakers beat that year and should have won the title.  One of my top 5 players of all time played for the Kings back then.  I loved Mike Bibby.  When he played the Bulls in 2009-10 I went and watched him play and him and Joe Johnson both gave me a high 5 after the game, it was pretty cool!  I agree with you though, those two Jazz teams were probably the best not to win one.  Unfortunately MJ was in there way.  My top 5 players of all time are as followed.

1. MJ

2. Bibby

3. Melo

4. Kobe

5. Carter/Pippen tied

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Westbrook, 50 Points, 16 Boards, 10 Assists and made a 40 footer at the buzzer for the win! If he doesn't get MVP I will consider that award a joke! OKC is now 46-34 and when he gets a TDB the Thunder are 33-9. He just beat Oscar for most TDB's in 1 season with 42.

If he doesn't win MVP, it's a crime.  I hope he can somehow upset the Rockets in the first round single handily.

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I loved that 2000-2004 Kings Team. They got robbed against the Lakers.  That crap that Tim Donaghy pulled was nonsense.  The Kings had the Lakers beat that year and should have won the title.  One of my top 5 players of all time played for the Kings back then.  I loved Mike Bibby.  When he played the Bulls in 2009-10 I went and watched him play and him and Joe Johnson both gave me a high 5 after the game, it was pretty cool!  I agree with you though, those two Jazz teams were probably the best not to win one.  Unfortunately MJ was in there way.  My top 5 players of all time are as followed.

1. MJ

2. Bibby

3. Melo

4. Kobe

5. Carter/Pippen tied

I remember that Lakers/Kings series well. I always have liked Kobe and I thought they were a beaten team. Kings did get screwed by the REFS in Game 6 but man they laid an egg in Game 7 at Arco! They shot 2-20 from 3 and missed half their FT's, cant do that against Shaq and Kobe and win. Robert Horry's 3 in Game 4 saved the Lakers actually. He misses that, series is over because that Kings team was loaded with Webber, Bibby, and Divac - those guys were playing at such a high level! Bibby was awesome that series.

Yeah they are 34,000,000 dollars over the Salary Cap so in reality they should win it all with that stack team they have in Irving, Love, JR, Korver, Thompson, + LeBron. LeBron is a special player and has been the best player really since around 2011 after Kobe had his run without Shaq in 2009/2010. LeBron is in my Top 10 of all-time as well but far from the GOAT, JMO. I didn't like it when he left Cleveland to play with Wade in Miami, I just thought joining Wade was an easy way for him to get a Ring and it was really unfair to the rest of the teams. When the Mavs beat them in 2011 I celebrated bigtime! Dirk had no other all-stars and the Mavs still wiped them out without HCA. Jason Terry punked Miami lmao.

I think what LeBron did by leaving Cleveland the 1st time is much worse than what Durant did by joining the Warriors. LeBron since his rookie season was being compared to Jordan and Magic, many say he is the GOAT now. Nobody says that about Durant and Durant has never been compared to Jordan or Magic. LeBron was being compared to those 2 and he leaves Cleveland to join Dwyane Wade so he can make sure he wins it all. How people don't have a problem with that is just comical. Then he leaves Miami because Irving is a younger version of Wade haha and LeBron knew Miami was washed up as Wade was older and Bosh's best days were behind him. All Durant did was what LeBron has done twice but Durant unlike LeBron isn't viewed as a possible GOAT or a Top 10 player of all-time.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember that Lakers/Kings series well. I always have liked Kobe and I thought they were a beaten team. Kings did get screwed by the REFS in Game 6 but man they laid an egg in Game 7 at Arco! They shot 2-20 from 3 and missed half their FT's, cant do that against Shaq and Kobe and win. Robert Horry's 3 in Game 4 saved the Lakers actually. He misses that, series is over because that Kings team was loaded with Webber, Bibby, and Divac - those guys were playing at such a high level! Bibby was awesome that series.

I agree the game 7 collapse was awful but the Kings honestly should have won in 6.  They got screwed big time. 

Well the Cavs are hurting us again tonight... despite the fact they are tied for the 1st seed with the Celtics, LeBron and Irving are sitting out and Love may end up sitting as well. They already don't have Thompson. 

The Heat will probably win tonight so our game is definitely a must win.

48 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Well the Cavs are hurting us again tonight... despite the fact they are tied for the 1st seed with the Celtics, LeBron and Irving are sitting out and Love may end up sitting as well. They already don't have Thompson. 

The Heat will probably win tonight so our game is definitely a must win.

It's really on us just to win out. If we win out we will be the 7th Seed at worse. We control everything.

It's really on us just to win out. If we win out we will be the 7th Seed at worse. We control everything.

That's true. I'm just worried about the Hawks game with them at full strength and playing well. Getting some help would be lovely.

23 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

If the Bucks lose their last two and we win our last two we can get sixth... they play the Hornets and the Celtics. They should beat the Hornets though. We just need to win and let everything else work itself out.

we lose any tiebreaker with Milwaukee, don't we?

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Lets Go Pacers!

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Lets Go Pacers!

Oh yeah! A 3 at the buzzer by Miles, Lance with a long baseball pass to Seraphin and just tapped it too Miles for 3! 93-79. Man we look Great. We are rolling at the right time. PG nearing another 30 point game too. Never mind, they didn't count it haha