Everyone

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Gavin said:

For a man 6'6" and 290lbs McGill is pretty agile. He also has a quick burst I believe is reason #1 or #2 why he is a OLB now. If he fails it wont be because he is not agile or quick enough

I believe you may be thinking of thinking Earl Okine 

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

For a man 6'6" and 290lbs McGill is pretty agile. He also has a quick burst I believe is reason #1 or #2 why he is a OLB now. If he fails it wont be because he is not agile or quick enough

You must be talking about Okine.  McGill is still on the DL and he's 6'0"

I believe Monachino and Brad White were thinking of Chandler Jones when they moved Okine to OLB.  They have similar size and mesurables and Okine actually has a faster 3 cone time than Chandler Jones.  Okine is heavier than Jones though. It would be awesome if Okine could disrupt while remaining at 290lbs!  I've gone back and watched a couple old colts games out of boredom during the off season and I actually noticed Okine penetrating in the backfield on a good couple of occasions.  Probably where they are getting there idea from.  We'll see what happens.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I believe Monachino and Brad White were thinking of Chandler Jones when they moved Okine to OLB.  They have similar size and mesurables and Okine actually has a faster 3 cone time than Chandler Jones.  Okine is heavier than Jones though. It would be awesome if Okine could disrupt while remaining at 290lbs!  I've gone back and watched a couple old colts games out of boredom during the off season and I actually noticed Okine penetrating in the backfield on a good couple of occasions.  Probably where they are getting there idea from.  We'll see what happens.

Yep! Yep are my likes as of now LOL.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep! Yep are my likes as of now LOL.

The biggest place I think they really got the idea from in moving Okine was when he was playing in the Arena league.  He was basically somewhat of a pass rusher on that team.  A little bit raw, but he got there his fair share of times.  

3 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Luck seems to still be throwing ints.  I just don't know what to make of this guy.  

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton threw 81 INT's in his first 4 seasons. Luck will be fine.

And Luck hasn't been able to do much for quite a while. I expected this.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

We talkin' about practice, man.

Besides, throwing a pick on a half back screen speaks more to TY McGill making a great play rather than Luck makong a mistake.

And based off twitter, it was a phenomenal play by Mcgill

18 minutes ago, Gavin said:

McGill is not 6'6".....   he's short and squatty....  he's listed at 6'0"

6'6" and 290 is Earl Okine switching from DE to OLB this year.....

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

Personally,   I'm hoping Okine drops 15lbs and plays at 275.....   290 is WAY too much for an OLB.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

McGill is not 6'6".....   he's short and squatty....  he's listed at 6'0"

6'6" and 290 is Earl Okine switching from DE to OLB this year.....

Alright got it. Just a simple matter of confusing names

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally,   I'm hoping Okine drops 15lbs and plays at 275.....   290 is WAY too much for an OLB.....

I think he's a little on the heavy side too.  Now if he could play well at 290 more power to him I suppose.  Have to imagine that's a load of a guy to deal with coming off the edge or blitzing through a gap.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mario Williams plays some OLB and he is 6'6" 292lbs. Remember its not about the weight itself, Its about what a player can do at the weight at they are at

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I got to thinking about anyone else I knew of that ever played OLB at 290 and I couldn't find anyone.  Closest I came was Levon Kirkland that used to play OLB for the Steelers years ago, but he was around 275 to 280lbs max and 6'1".  Now with Okine I will say that he's much taller than Kirkland and guys like maybe Adalius Thomas.  A 6'6" frame can handle a little more weight than others.

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Mario Williams plays some OLB and he is 6'6" 292lbs. Remember its not about the weight itself, Its about what a player can do at the weight at they are at

Forgot about Mario Williams.

Just now, krunk said:

I got to thinking about anyone else I knew of that ever played OLB at 290 and I couldn't find anyone.  Closest I came was Levon Kirkland that used to play OLB for the Steelers years ago, but he was around 275 to 280lbs max and 6'1".  Now with Okine I will say that he's much taller than Kirkland and guys like maybe Adalius Thomas.  A 6'6" frame can handle a little more weight than others.

Mario Williams

Just now, krunk said:

I think NewC hit it on the head with Okine. That guy at 275 would still be super strong but quicker. He nailed that Post IMO.

12 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Good to hear from Kerr but it would have been much more informative to hear about what he has been working on if he has over the summer and how he has been working on it. He basically gave a long winded version Next Man Up...Well whats he been doing to prepare...particularly with his stamina. Good stuff Everyone though, Glad your getting the info out

I wish i was here during the updates, but I did read every post. Sounds like Luck had a decent day besides the pick 6, but good for McGill there, big moment for him. Dorsett seemed to do well, and some nice performances by others as well, including Trent Cole, who I want to see some pass rush from. Great job everyone on the updates, and it's much appreciated! There were so many posts I thought everyone may of been freaking over an injury, that's how engaged we are about camp, lol!