Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers Losing People Left And Right

danlhart87

I've always thought he is overrated and I will be very surprised if he can carry a team like a truly great quarterback could

If you've ever watched him play at any point the past few years you'll know that he isn't close to being overrated.

They'll still win 11 games. The NFC North is weak as hell right now, and if they were smarter they would have been benching these guys during preseason and not worrying about it.

And why the hell didn't they go after Reggie Wayne? Reports said Wayne was willing to wait for the Packers, and they didn't even consider him. 

I don't feel sorry for this team. In a way it's karma for them laying down in the NFCCG and blowing that game as hard as possible. 

I've always thought he is overrated and I will be very surprised if he can carry a team like a truly great quarterback could

Rodgers is slightly overrated. His playoff record after winning the SB is 2-6. That speaks for itself. Yet, every year the Pack is still the #1 favorite of the NFC, even though they don't know how to close clutch games in the playoffs. 

Had it been Favre throwing those two picks vs Seattle in the NFCCG, he would have got 100% of the blame for that game. True story. 

Bogie is right about Favre in theory, but give Favre 5 turnovers from his own defense and he's on the bench in the 3rd quarter getting ready for next week.

Rodgers is overrated as I've said many times, but they'll still take that division. The only thing as automatic as the Packers blowing it in the playoffs is the North blowing it against the Packers. I don't doubt that atleast 2 teams will split games with the Packers but in the rematch every year it's as if they just forget how to play football against the Packers. The 1 exception of course is the 2012 Vikings who won that rematch...but the end result was still the same (Joe Webb game).

They'll still win 11 games. The NFC North is weak as hell right now, and if they were smarter they would have been benching these guys during preseason and not worrying about it.

And why the hell didn't they go after Reggie Wayne? Reports said Wayne was willing to wait for the Packers, and they didn't even consider him.

I don't feel sorry for this team. In a way it's karma for them laying down in the NFCCG and blowing that game as hard as possible.

Rodgers is slightly overrated. His playoff record after winning the SB is 2-6. That speaks for itself. Yet, every year the Pack is still the #1 favorite of the NFC, even though they don't know how to close clutch games in the playoffs.

Had it been Favre throwing those two picks vs Seattle in the NFCCG, he would have got 100% of the blame for that game. True story.

Surely you jest.

The Rodgers Packers are the new Manning Colts.

And I might be wrong with predicting Luck to win an MVP. With the injuries the Pack already have on offense if they make the playoffs I will hear "OMG ZOMG WOW. Rodgers did it with less weapons then Luck."

Keep in mind I was a Rodgers fan before being a Rodgers fan was considered cool. Now I am getting burned out actually.......

Although I am mad the Packers didn't get Wayne or jump on that asap. 

Bogie is right about Favre in theory, but give Favre 5 turnovers from his own defense and he's on the bench in the 3rd quarter getting ready for next week.

Rodgers is overrated as I've said many times, but they'll still take that division. The only thing as automatic as the Packers blowing it in the playoffs is the North blowing it against the Packers. I don't doubt that atleast 2 teams will split games with the Packers but in the rematch every year it's as if they just forget how to play football against the Packers. The 1 exception of course is the 2012 Vikings who won that rematch...but the end result was still the same (Joe Webb game).

So you saying with Favre the Packers win that NFCCG this past January?

I am still trying to forgot that horrible game.......

One thing that concerns me on Rodgers in recent years too is mounting injuries has he had. He has had concussions in the past too.

The Packers did contact Wayne but the Pats had already had him in for a physical and he wanted to sign given it is August. Really just poor timing for the Pack. Had Nelson went down a week early, they would have signed Wayne.

In terms of the NFCCG, Rodgers completely skated on that game despite his score line which was pretty awful - 19 for 34 for 178 yards, 2 picks and 1 TD. It is amazing that they were literally one STs play away from winning. That is how dominant their defense was until the final four minutes and OT.

Favre does not lose that game. He goes right after Sherman and Thomas once they got injured. No fear.

It truly pains me that to this day, no one remembers the old Favre in his prime. Favre was one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, and all we ever hear is the bashing he receives from turnovers.

You're totally right. If Favre was there though, he would have ran the ball after going up 16-0. Packers rushed over 100+ yards in that game, and quit running the ball. Mike McCarthy really hates to stick to his run game when it's working. 

It's not fair at all, that when Rodgers plays awful in the playoffs (as he has in the last 4 out of 5 playoff loses) no one wants to point his interceptions, and that one interception he threw the end zone of the NFCCG, cost them a chance to go up 19-0. There is no excuses for that team to lose a game where you have a 16-0 lead, and 5 turnovers. I don't care if anyone blames it on the onside kick or not, they totally laid down in that game and blew it on all sides of the ball. 

I don't see the NFC North opposing GB at all this year since Detroit has regressed. They were the only team that served a threat to them.

The Packers main weakness has been the same for several years now. It's either teams that have defenses that can blitz and put Rodgers on the ground, or it's teams with high powered offenses that aren't afraid to throw deep on them. When they lose badly, it's often to the teams that blitz and shut down Rodgers (Buffalo, Detriot), and then the high powered offenses that can score on them (Giants in 2011, Saints last year).

I was very weary of the Packers last year after watching them give up 37 points to Atlanta at Lambeau in the freezing cold. For me, that game showed they had some serious issues. They were up 31-7 and ended up winning 43-37. 

I see them winning 12-13 games again but losing in the divisional round at home to a team with a high caliber offense and/or blitzing defense that can shut their offense down.

In terms of the NFCCG, Rodgers completely skated on that game despite his score line which was pretty awful - 19 for 34 for 178 yards, 2 picks and 1 TD. It is amazing that they were literally one STs play away from winning. That is how dominant their defense was until the final four minutes and OT.

Favre does not lose that game. He goes right after Sherman and Thomas once they got injured. No fear.

If that was Favre's numbers, the bashing would be non-stop. But since it's the NFC's golden boy, we don't hear about it. 

I still think that team was lucky as hell being in Seattle. If the Dez Bryant challenge didn't happen, Dallas wins that game, and the Pack go one and done yet again.

If you've ever watched him play at any point the past few years you'll know that he isn't close to being overrated.

So anyone who doesn't agree that the guy is the best quarterback and that no one else even comes close is some kind of lunatic or something?  I'm sorry but I simply do not agree!  I did not say he is a bad quarterback.  I just do not think he is the best one and therefore I think the constant hype he gets is overrating.  He is an excellent passer but there is much more to the position than that.  

The Rodgers Packers are the new Manning Colts.

And I might be wrong with predicting Luck to win an MVP. With the injuries the Pack already have on offense if they make the playoffs I will hear "OMG ZOMG WOW. Rodgers did it with less weapons then Luck."

Keep in mind I was a Rodgers fan before being a Rodgers fan was considered cool. Now I am getting burned out actually.......

Although I am mad the Packers didn't get Wayne or jump on that asap. 

Sadly you are right Jules. The playoff record of 2-6 looks a lot like those old Manning Colts teams that would lose in the playoffs.

I will never get over that 15-1 Packers team that got destroyed by a 9-7 Giants team in the playoffs. That was worse than when the 14-2 Colts lost to Pittsburgh. 

It's not like beating up on three crappy divisional opponents twice a year is that much of an accomplishment. Before anyone rushes to remind me "but but but you like the Saints and the NFC South is horrible!" take a look at how many repeat division winners the NFC South has had since 2006. The Colts automatically win their division every year. Green Bay automatically wins their division every year. 

I think the Manning Colts had issues the same way GB has issues now. Cupcakes year around, then in the playoffs like with the Colts in 2006, and the Packers in 2011, they were not ready to play real teams that didn't lay down and let them run scores up on them. 

At the very least, not that it would have came to this if Favre were playing but at the very least, Favre would have audibled on that last 3rd down. The only way he doesn't audible on that 3rd down is if he......tells Mike to go suck some cheese and ignores the play call altogether. Look back to that playoff game against Seattle in 2007 that's overshadowed by the Giants game if you don't think so.

At the very least, not that it would have came to this if Favre were playing but at the very least, Favre would have audibled on that last 3rd down. The only way he doesn't audible on that 3rd down is if he......tells Mike to go suck some cheese and ignores the play call altogether. Look back to that playoff game against Seattle in 2007 that's overshadowed by the Giants game if you don't think so.

You both are making me really miss Favre.....

favre2.jpg

Look at him. All happy and full of joy.......

Sigh.......

Sadly you are right Jules. The playoff record of 2-6 looks a lot like those old Manning Colts teams that would lose in the playoffs.

I will never get over that 15-1 Packers team that got destroyed by a 9-7 Giants team in the playoffs. That was worse than when the 14-2 Colts lost to Pittsburgh. 

It's not like beating up on three crappy divisional opponents twice a year is that much of an accomplishment. Before anyone rushes to remind me "but but but you like the Saints and the NFC South is horrible!" take a look at how many repeat division winners the NFC South has had since 2006. The Colts automatically win their division every year. Green Bay automatically wins their division every year. 

I think the Manning Colts had issues the same way GB has issues now. Cupcakes year around, then in the playoffs like with the Colts in 2006, and the Packers in 2011, they were not ready to play real teams that didn't lay down and let them run scores up on them. 

I was sooo high on that stupid 15-1 Packers team too.

Oh the old days when I was younger and more foolish........

And I know I know someone will maybe eventually jump in and say "But, Jules I thought you LOVED Rodgers."

I do like Rodgers. I am just getting tired of it all. 

So anyone who doesn't agree that the guy is the best quarterback and that no one else even comes close is some kind of lunatic or something? I'm sorry but I simply do not agree! I did not say he is a bad quarterback. I just do not think he is the best one and therefore I think the constant hype he gets is overrating. He is an excellent passer but there is much more to the position than that.

Whoa now. I didn't say any of that. There's a lot more to Aaron Rodgers game then pretty passes. He isn't overrated.