Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castanzo, Mewhort, Herremans talks ESPN the Body Issue....

NewColtsFan

A fun and fascinating read,  and it even has a 2:00+ interview done by ESPN's irreverent Kenny Mayne.

Contrary to the old view,  lineman are not just big dumb guys.   OL are often among the smartest players on the team.

I think you'll really enjoy both the read and the video....

Enjoy!!          :thmup:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/bodycoltsoline/indianapolis-colts-offensive-linemen-embody-evolution-position-espn-magazine-body-issue

Mod note:  Link includes pics that are not appropriate for this site.  Be advised before you follow it

Edited by Nadine

Their pictures are so goofy and laid back compared to the rest haha! I guarantee these pictures will pop up in the locker room all season. They'll be watching film during camp and all of a sudden AC's centerfold will pop up on the screen.

Good stuff...Bob Lamey was supposed to be in the shoot...posing while eating a cheesesteak sub, but had to cancel at the last minute.

haha  :lol:  :lol:  lmao  I know it's wrong, but darn that was hysterical. Well played MT. 

When did ESPN The Magazine go for the female chippendales demographic exactly? Okay, the ladies do deserve some eye candy I guess & WRs & TEs can't get all the accolades I guess right? 

Their pictures are so goofy and laid back compared to the rest haha! I guarantee these pictures will pop up in the locker room all season. They'll be watching film during camp and all of a sudden AC's centerfold will pop up on the screen.

First thing that popped into my head BMWC. Think of the new movie "Magic Mike XXL." Enough said. Is this what people mean when they say think of a 2nd career after football is over? 

Yeah, I know. I'm a troubled individual who will burn down below. It's okay, I like steaks as opposed to tofu anyway so I'll be okay in the end anyway. LOL! 

Alright, out of respect for my friend NCF; I will actually go back & read the article now, but it's like someone saying they read Hugh Hefner's Magazine for the hard hitting journalistic pieces. I'm just sayin'.  :P

Reading is actually required ah man...I kid; I kid. 

"They want to see me naked?' I thought I was getting punked."

Exactly Jack. I can't say that visualizing Mewhort, Herremans, or Castanzo in their birthday suits was at the top of my bucket list either or even on it for that matter.

But to be fair girth & leverage do matter in football so it's nice to see their talents being highlighted now. Heavy set people are rarely treated nice in society, but in my experience they are among the coolest people around because they have other diverse hobbies & interests & they don't get mesmerized by superficial nonsense. Plus, they are more grounded & down to earth that handsome, well chiseled individuals on average. 

Yes I know. It is possible to be pretty, smart, & funny. I get that, but eventually us average joes look good because you know what you're getting day in; day out no matter what. Attractive people tend to be vain, self absorbed, & narcissistic in my experience who are so petrified at the prospect of losing their looks that they are not what I would call fascinating in conversational dialogs etc. etc. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule. Touche. 

Is it just me or does Castanzo's pose at the end of the article remind you of an ancient samurai pose from feudal Japan?

His hair wrapped up into a ball on top of his head reminds me of Colonel Saito in the 1957 film "The Bridge on the River Kwai" when the Col. saito cut his symbolic hair off with a knife to commit suicide because he dishonored his country Imperial Japan in WWII by not finishing the bridge on time in Burma. 

Okay, sorry for the detour folks. Thanks for indulging me. 

Ha, southwest1 REALLY got excited over this thing, huh? :D (i kid sw1)

Okay, I'll admit I went off the reservation a little bit & took this topic in a slightly different direction, but those are the 2 things I'm good at: sarcasm & exaggeration for comic relief purposes. 

It's cool CCF21. No one is immune from a comic hazing every now & then not even me. I can take it & I probably deserve it.  :hat:

In all seriousness, it's nice to see Castanzo, Mewhort, & Herremans get some recognition for their vital protection up front. 

That is really cool to read about them. They are some smart guys! 

Castanzo's got some big ol' feet :)

There's a twisted joke about a Colts talent show grand prize winner in there, but I better keep it PG related or left to a person's imagination. 

Sorry Lollygagger, I know you were trying to pay our beef a complement & I just sabotaged that notion to dust. My bad. Yeah I know, there's no hope for me. Are we grading on a curve? Otherwise, I'm toast with the Big Man upstairs.  lmao

I know; I know. Leave now before I step into a trap I can't walk out of. I'm going...I'm going. 

Nice work fellas. Both for the interviews & being brave enough to do what the photo shoot required. 

There's a twisted joke about a Colts talent show grand prize winner in there, but I better keep it PG related or left to a person's imagination. 

Sorry Lollygagger, I know you were trying to pay our beef a complement & I just sabotaged that notion to dust. My bad. Yeah I know, there's no hope for me. Are we grading on a curve? Otherwise, I'm toast with the Big Man upstairs.  lmao

I know; I know. Leave now before I step into a trap I can't walk out of. I'm going...I'm going. 

Nice work fellas. Both for the interviews & being brave enough to do what the photo shoot required. 

I was just thinking that Rex Ryan was going bananas over this lol 

I can't help but notice how in shape Todd Herremans looks. If he stays healthy this year, he'll easily be the best signing the Colts made this season. Dude was a mauler in Philly

Source: Long time Eagles fan

I was just thinking that Rex Ryan was going bananas over this lol 

HA! HA! I forgot all about Rex Ryan's wife video business on the side. When I first read this response, I was like Oh, hades no. I love me some Rex bravado dude, but that's 1 man I have no desire to see up close & personal ya dig.  haha

Then, I re-read your original post "Castanzo's got some big ol' feet" & it finally clicked. SW1 is a little slow on my reading comprehension sometimes which actually makes it funnier: My own comedic incompetence that is. My fault; not yours. 

I read ya bro. We're on the same wavelength now Lolly. Nice.