Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Hodges

danlhart87

I am so glad the Colts picked him up as an UDFA! He was one my favorite late round prospects.

Save this thread cause I bet this kid makes the 53

I watched just a little bit of his tape before, but I have forgotten a lot of it. What are some of the things you see in his game that you like so I can re-watch and look for them so I can compare thoughts.

I watched just a little bit of his tape before, but I have forgotten a lot of it. What are some of the things you see in his game that you like so I can re-watch and look for them so I can compare thoughts.

The fact that I Googled him, and this is the 3rd link that popped up, makes me feel good about the pick (Hint: he was on New England's radar).

http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/01/01/2015-draft-prospects-zach-hodges-lb-harvard

I am rooting for him and he does have a neat story. I just kinda doubt he is going to make it as there is a huge talent difference between the Ivy League and the NFL. He does show some nice skills, and he was productive though. I guess we will see I am also curious about Junior Sylvestre as well as he might develop into something.

I felt better about our UDFA'S last year with McDonald, Kerr and Harrison making the roster. I really liked our cb's also in Cox and Purifoy who didnt make it. I really wish we would have got Cody Prewitt at safety. When i look at our UDFA it looks like Hodges and Vitabile are my favorite but i dont see any making the roster but who knows!

I am so glad the Colts picked him up as an UDFA! He was one my favorite late round prospects.

Save this thread cause I bet this kid makes the 53

Who does he beat out? 

I like his speed and hustle, he can easily put on a few more pounds if needed.  And, of course, it helps that he's so versatile.

But where do you see him on the depth chart? 

I'm hoping we can pull another Newsome type of player out of Hodges, Galea, or Terrell Hartsfield.

I watched a little bit of Hartsfield and he was pretty productive against some of the bigger schools

like Miami and Ohio State.

I think either Hodges or Galea will make the 53 and the other the PS. I think Cam Johnson will go this year and Werner will go next year. 

I really like what ive seen from Galea, he plays with so much passion and relentlessness it reminds me of watching Brian Cushing mic'd up. He doesn't just tackle you he finishes each play, drives runners back and throws them around. 

Hodges has a big motor and a very good first step, he may be a bit on the lighter/smaller size but if he goes on the PS he will have some time to build up and get stronger to take on the bigger players in the league.

i havent been able to find anything on Junior Sylvestre 

Watch a couple clips of Terrell Hartsfield.  He's not bad either and he was getting multiple sacks against quality competition like Ohio State and Miami.  I like all three of the UDFA OLB, they all seem to have good potential.  I think Hodges is the most raw of the 3.

I think either Hodges or Galea will make the 53 and the other the PS. I think Cam Johnson will go this year and Werner will go next year. 

I really like what ive seen from Galea, he plays with so much passion and relentlessness it reminds me of watching Brian Cushing mic'd up. He doesn't just tackle you he finishes each play, drives runners back and throws them around. 

Hodges has a big motor and a very good first step, he may be a bit on the lighter/smaller size but if he goes on the PS he will have some time to build up and get stronger to take on the bigger players in the league.

i havent been able to find anything on Junior Sylvestre 

You may have to go to YouTube and pull up a full Toledo game clip and play close attention to Sylvestre when Toledo is on Defense.