Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stefan Wisniewski to jacksonville

It would be a big deal if him and his agent are looking for a long term deal filled with large guaranteed payments. If he stays healthy and produces as a top center in the league, he could be looking at a big money deal around this time next offseason.

Its all speculation, but this guy could be looking at the deal Pouncey just signed for MIA and Rodney Hudson's new deal and be thinking "that would be me if my shoulder wasnt hurt"

Thats typically why players sign thesr one year "prove it" deals.

It would be a big deal if him and his agent are looking for a long term deal filled with large guaranteed payments. If he stays healthy and produces as a top center in the league, he could be looking at a big money deal around this time next offseason.

Its all speculation, but this guy could be looking at the deal Pouncey just signed for MIA and Rodney Hudson's new deal and be thinking "that would be me if my shoulder wasnt hurt"

Thats typically why players sign thesr one year "prove it" deals.

You're acting like he tore his Achilles. I may be wrong, but I don't think a torn labrum would stop teams from paying him. Maybe he just isn't as good as many believed.

Nah, I am saying it was likely a combination of the injury, unrealistic contract demands and the fact that NFL teams dont think hes as good as some fans seem to think he is.

In cases like this, its rare that only one factor will play that big of a role in his ability to secure the contract he wanted. I think the answer is "all of the above".

Nah, I am saying it was likely a combination of the injury, unrealistic contract demands and the fact that NFL teams dont think hes as good as some fans seem to think he is.

In cases like this, its rare that only one factor will play that big of a role in his ability to secure the contract he wanted. I think the answer is "all of the above".

Well, I know its the Raiders, but they dumped him and then paid huge money for KC's Center. They obviously didn't believe in him, and no one having signed he was cut speaks volumes. I would guess its a combination of his not being a top caliber center and an injury. That gets you a one year prove it deal.

The former Raider got one year? 2.5 mil

I thought he could have gotten more than that from several teams.

What happened here?

He has a very bad shoulder.   

I believe he's had surgery on his rotator cuff.     Teams weren't sure he'd even be able to play this year, and if he does,   how good can he be?