Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New "theory". The media needs to end deflategate, it's old.

NBColtsFanatic

There are actually quite a few Patriots fans who believe that is exactly what happened.

Personally, I like to hope that if we intended to frame them, we could find something better than slightly deflated footballs. That's incredibly lame.

I don't think the deflated balls mean anything. Colts still lose that game hard.

17-7 with the deflated balls

28-0 without them after the half.

The Patriots ultimately killed this themselves when they won the SB. Had they lost, everyone would still be talking about this. I think it's a non-story now.

You have to always keep in mind, stories are printed to make money. Maybe printed is not the correct word to use in the digital age, but you get what I mean. The clicks accumulate views over time. They're just trying to make money. That's how it works in this country. That's why your local news shows garbage crap that you don't care about or even need to see. Think about this next time someone is complaining about Kim Kardashian being in the news. It's there cause it sells. 

There are actually quite a few Patriots fans who believe that is exactly what happened.

Personally, I like to hope that if we intended to frame them, we could find something better than slightly deflated footballs. That's incredibly lame.

lol- yeah if you're going to bury us bury us deep...

The whole thing is just too strange at this point.

Shouldn't this be on the NFL page and NOT on the Colts page?

Mods?!?

Well its about the colts started by a colts fan. Besides there's enough fire in the GF already :)

Tell ya what tho.. if this gets out of hand we'll move or lock. Which will probably be soon because its all conjecture ;)

I don't think the deflated balls mean anything. Colts still lose that game hard.

17-7 with the deflated balls

28-0 without them after the half.

The Patriots ultimately killed this themselves when they won the SB. Had they lost, everyone would still be talking about this. I think it's a non-story now.

Nonsense.

First off, no one with an ounce of football knowledge would argue that the deflated footballs (allegedly) had anything to do with the outcome of that game  The Pats were very clearly the better team.  But GoColts and said it best above - if there was something untoward going on, the fact that the game was not close does not make the cheating OK.  Goodell said as much himself.

Second, the story at this point is not media driven - it is with the league now and its investigation.  It is all about the findings.

The Pats winning the Super Bowl will have precious little to do with anything if they are found to have intentionally messed with the footballs.  If they did, then their legacy will forever have an asterisk.  They will be the "yeah, but" team. 

"Man, those Pats teams were great"

"Yeah, but how much of that greatness was due to them playing fast and lose with the rules."  

How long does the NFL need to conduct a simple investigation? The fact that they are dragging their feet bodes well for the Patriots. To me, it implies they're trying to bury it and wait for it to slip the mind of the fanbase. Fans were angry for several days, now it's a non-issue. The NFL can give the Patriots a wrist slap, or an outright acquittal. No one cares at this point.

The NFL got what they wanted: all eyes were on the game.

I will be beyond stunned if the NFL comes down hard on their Superbowl champion. But, it would restore respect to the office of the NFL Commisioner.

Nonsense.

First off, no one with an ounce of football knowledge would argue that the deflated footballs (allegedly) had anything to do with the outcome of that game  The Pats were very clearly the better team.  But GoColts and said it best above - if there was something untoward going on, the fact that the game was not close does not make the cheating OK.  Goodell said as much himself.

Second, the story at this point is not media driven - it is with the league now and its investigation.  It is all about the findings.

The Pats winning the Super Bowl will have precious little to do with anything if they are found to have intentionally messed with the footballs.  If they did, then their legacy will forever have an asterisk.  They will be the "yeah, but" team. 

"Yeah, but how much of that greatness was due to them playing fast and lose with the rules."

i think Coloinsworth said it best on the Super Bowl pregame show (that hurt some to write) the league is opening a can of worms and is going to find some worms. If this happened it didn't change the AFC title game no one honestly thinks that but it would be the second time New England has been caught cheating. It gets to a larger problem because I don't think anyone thinks the only two times they cheated were the only two times they got caught. Who knows what else they have done or are doing. So if this is proven then I agree it's going to taint a lot of their success with a large number of people. You are already seeing it with people like Charles Haley coming out and saying what he said.

Nonsense.

To the bolded ~  Goodell said whether it gave an advantage or not is "secondary" to if they broke some rules.   That is what I remember him saying.

i think Collingsworth said it best on the Super Bowl pregame show (that hurt some to write) the league is opening a can of worms and is going to find some worms. If this happened it didn't change the AFC title game no one honestly thinks that but it would be the second time New England has been caught cheating. It gets to a larger problem because I don't think anyone thinks the only two times they cheated were the only two times they got caught. Who knows what else they have done or are doing. So if this is proven then I agree it's going to taint a lot of their success with a large number of people. You are already seeing it with people like Charles Haley coming out and saying what he said.

I remember him saying this, and was wondering if he meant a big can of worms with respect to the Pats (there has been speculation that they were being investigated for more than just the deflated footballs at the AFC game)  OR if he meant a big can of worms with regard to lots of things going on in the league.    I really wasn't clear where he was going with that statement.  :dunno:

I remember him saying this, and was wondering if he meant a big can of worms with respect to the Pats (there has been speculation that they were being investigated for more than just the deflated footballs at the AFC game)  OR if he meant a big can of worms with regard to lots of things going on in the league.    I really wasn't clear where he was going with that statement.  :dunno:

he was talking about the Pats at the time and pretty much said he was extremely disappointed when Brady talked to him the days before. I think it was about the Pats. Honestly he looked very disappointed during that interview. Kinda like a father disappointed in his kid when he knows his kid isn't telling him the truth. That was the impression I got in terms of how he felt about his conversation with Brady. That set up the can of worms comment so I very much took it as him talking about the Pats.

he was talking about the Pats at the time and pretty much said he was extremely disappointed when Brady talked to him the days before. I think it was about the Pats. Honestly he looked very disappointed during that interview. Kinda like a father disappointed in his kid when he knows his kid isn't telling him the truth. 

I thought the same thing.   It seemed that Al Michaels and Bob Costas also shared his opinion.

As to the title of this thread, it is not up to the Media to end it,  It is up to the Wells investigation and the League to end it,  and they will eventually.

But I get what the OP meant.  It is time for the Media to stop the false reporting,  and lets face it,  there are way too many conflicting reports for everyone who is reporting to be telling the truth.

Colts deflating Patriots' balls is just as stupid as the Patriots deflating their own balls. But, if the new reports are TRUE and that just one ball was 2 PSI lower, the one ball possibly the Colts brought back to their sideline, and the other balls were just a "tick" under 12.5 PSI, as was last reported, then that doesn't look good for the Colts. Doesn't mean they did anything, but it just won't look good for you guys.

I want to read the full NFL report on this because this entire story ruined the victory for me. I wasn't even able to enjoy that win and had to wait until the Super Bowl to celebrate both.

I'm over it now. It's funny what a SB can do for you. I just want to finally get to the bottom of it, if that's even possible now.

Colts deflating Patriots' balls is just as stupid as the Patriots deflating their own balls. But, if the new reports are TRUE and that just one ball was 2 PSI lower, the one ball possibly the Colts brought back to their sideline, and the other balls were just a "tick" under 12.5 PSI, as was last reported, then that doesn't look good for the Colts. Doesn't mean they did anything, but it just won't look good for you guys.

I want to read the full NFL report on this because this entire story ruined the victory for me. I wasn't even able to enjoy that win and had to wait until the Super Bowl to celebrate both.

I'm over it now. It's funny what a SB can do for you. I just want to finally get to the bottom of it, if that's even possible now.

Again, there is no report that's "new". Mort reported 11 were 2 under, Rapsheet reported one was 2 under and rest were a tick, PFT had NFL sources conflicting w rap sheet that many were 1 lb, many were a tick, and one was 2 lbs. Nothing has changed in over a week and none of them said the ball the Colts turned in was the 2 pounder. Please somebody provide me where it's reported with a source that the colts ball was the one true two pounder unless people are just jumping to conclusions that Rapsheet is right despite conflicting NFL reports (see PFT breakdown of Rapsheet story- I don't have link at the moment) and the fact the colts turned in a ball they felt was deflated so they are just putting those two together assuming the former is factual and coming to this story that Boston radio stations are entertaining and Adam schefter is simply aknowledging the fact that some people think that.