2nd Arie Kouandjio G Alabama

3rd Anthony Harris SS Virginia

4th Tyler Lockett WR Kanas St.

5th Anthony Chickillo DE Miami

6th Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma

6th Trey DePriest ILB Alabama

7th Curtis Riley CB Fresno St.

7th Marcus Murphy RB Missouri

This is a good mock, but I wouldn't be especially happy with it from the current knowledge (and lack of knowledge) I have of a few of these players. Holliman is great at intercepting the ball, but he can't tackle. Very weary on him. Would much prefer Prewitt. I know very little about Kouanjio, but his brother Cyrus has done terrible for the Bills, and it's kinda for siblings that play the same position in the NFL to turn out a lot different. Usually their "genes" are pretty close, and when one does well, so does the other and vice versa. I could be wrong, but that's what I see a lot. Anthony Harris would be an awesome pick, don't need to go into details. Tyler Lockett is a fun Devin Hester clone and could give our team a huge spark. Nice pick in the 4th. Anthony Chickillo I feel will rise, but would like him in the 5th. I don't know much about Williams and DePriest, so I can't really judge them. I do love Riley and Murphy in the 7th though. I feel they will vastly outplay being drafted in the 7th, should they go there. A nice mock, but I wouldn't be happy with it.

1st Gerod Holliman - I like Gerod Holliman as a playmaker.  He seems to have good instincts and he'll need them in the NFL to cover up his slower speed (projected to be a bit slow @4.63).  His height and weight would make him a more effective matchup for TE's in the league which is the growing trend.  This pick would all depend on if there aren't any natural pass rushers on the board.  The players that stick out in my mind ahead of Holliman are primarily pass rushing 3-4 OLBs: Vic Beasley, Shane Ray, and Alvin Dupree.  All of those guys fill a critical pass rush need for us but there may be enough depth at that position for us to have a good OLB high enough on the board to be available in the 2nd round. 

2nd Arie Kouandjio G Alabama - As much as I like this selection, I just don't think Arie will be available this far down in the 2nd round.  He's graded as one of the top 3 guards in this year's draft and more teams are starting to evolve back to the run game.  I still like us taking a lineman in this round.  I think O-line play has been terribly inconsistent this year.  A more realistic pick here might be A.J. Cann or Vadal Alexander at Guard. Another option would be to go tackle with Tyrus Thompson or La'el Collins but move them to guard. 

3rd Anthony Harris SS Virginia - Another athletic and instictual playmaker in the backfield, but he likely will be gone by the time our 3rd round pick comes. He was a bright star for that Virginia defense.  Again, it all depends on how the draft shakes out.  In the third round there are a lot of great players we could consider as well starting with a trio of ILBs: Benardrick McKinney, Reggie Ragland or Kris Frost, as well as some promising corners: D'Joun Smith, Senquez Golden, Charles Gaines, or Eric Murray.  Murray or Gaines may also be available in the 4th. 

4th Tyler Lockett WR Kanas St. - I have no problems with this pick.  He projects as a kick/punt returner with the possibility of working the slot and we need both.  Again, defense and O-line should be our priorities. I might suggest a more seasoned FA for the slot with a defensive pick here.  Maybe another LBer or defensive line.  Possibly even RB.  

5th Anthony Chickillo DE Miami - I think there are better players still on the board to consider in the 5th. I can see many RB's here or even LB, CB or Safety depth.  Perhaps Aundrey Walker (G) if he falls due to the injury comeback he is making. 

6th Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma - He won't last past the 3rd round let alone the 6th. I see us drafting for depth with this pick or using it to trade back up into the 4th or 5th rounds.

6th Trey DePriest ILB Alabama - Just an "ok player" on a good team.  Again, BPA rules most when you're looking this late in the draft. 

7th Curtis Riley CB Fresno St. - In this round just a developmental pick.  Maybe even a clipboard carrying QB such as Jacoby Brissett or Kevin Hogan depending on if Hasselbeck stays or not.

7th Marcus Murphy RB Missouri -Why not?  Even UDFA running backs can be studs in this league. 

Keep in mind that depending on who's draft evaluation you're using Draftscoutratings, Walterfootball, CBS NFL draft etc. you may see wildly different rankings of the same player.  What really matters is Grigson's board...which of course...we can't see.

1st Gerod Holliman - I like Gerod Holliman as a playmaker.  He seems to have good instincts and he'll need them in the NFL to cover up his slower speed (projected to be a bit slow @4.63).  His height and weight would make him a more effective matchup for TE's in the league which is the growing trend.  This pick would all depend on if there aren't any natural pass rushers on the board.  The players that stick out in my mind ahead of Holliman are primarily pass rushing 3-4 OLBs: Vic Beasley, Marcus Golden, and Alvin Dupree.  All of those guys fill a critical pass rush need for us but there may be enough depth at that position for us to have a good OLB high enough on the board to be available in the 2nd round. 

2nd Arie Kouandjio G Alabama - As much as I like this selection, I just don't think Arie will be available this far down in the 2nd round.  He's graded as one of the top 3 guards in this year's draft and more teams are starting to evolve back to the run game.  I still like us taking a lineman in this round.  I think O-line play has been terribly inconsistent this year.  A more realistic pick here might be A.J. Cann or Vadal Alexander at Guard. Another option would be to go tackle with Tyrus Thompson or La'el Collins but move them to guard. 

3rd Anthony Harris SS Virginia - Another athletic and instictual playmaker in the backfield, but he likely will be gone by the time our 3rd round pick comes. He was a bright star for that Virginia defense.  Again, it all depends on how the draft shakes out.  In the third round there are a lot of great players we could consider as well starting with a trio of ILBs: Benardrick McKinney, Reggie Ragland or Kris Frost, as well as some promising corners: D'Joun Smith, Senquez Golden, Charles Gaines, or Eric Murray.  Murray or Gaines may also be available in the 4th. 

4th Tyler Lockett WR Kanas St. - I have no problems with this pick.  He projects as a kick/punt returner with the possibility of working the slot and we need both.  Again, defense and O-line should be our priorities. I might suggest a more seasoned FA for the slot with a defensive pick here.  Maybe another LBer or defensive line.  Possibly even RB.  

5th Anthony Chickillo DE Miami - I think there are better players still on the board to consider in the 5th. I can see many RB's here or even LB, CB or Safety depth.  Perhaps Aundrey Walker (G) if he falls due to the injury comeback he is making. 

6th Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma - He won't last past the 3rd round let alone the 6th. I see us drafting for depth with this pick or using it to trade back up into the 4th or 5th rounds.

6th Trey DePriest ILB Alabama - Just an "ok player" on a good team.  Again, BPA rules most when you're looking this late in the draft. 

7th Curtis Riley CB Fresno St. - In this round just a developmental pick.  Maybe even a clipboard carrying QB such as Jacoby Brissett or Kevin Hogan depending on if Hasselbeck stays or not.

7th Marcus Murphy RB Missouri -Why not?  Even UDFA running backs can be studs in this league. 

Some good players in this mock. I like Murphy, Harris, Holliman. Don't like Collins even if he is there...I would not be surprised to see him wind up dropping further then he is currently projected....I see a player I would not draft any higher then the 3rd round, I think in the first 2 round a better player can easily be had. I like Lockett, Not a fan of Depriest unless your going for a player that can move over and be another edge setter

You don't build a D from outside in...  you build it from inside OUT.      We can bring in all the DB's in the world who are All Americans and it won't change a thing on this team.      UNTIL we get a hard consistent pass rush.     

This off season is all about the OL and DE / OLB.

I think this team needs defensive playmakers in the front 7, that's what hurting the team the most. The secondary is fine, the LB's(all 4) needs to be upgraded.

I somewhat Agree. The line is what we need to build up, but we do still need a young safety and a future #2/depth at CB behind Toler. I think Grigson will take a NT/DE in the first. Chapman isn't cutting it and Redding might retire.

Also to the TC, Holliman is overrated. Can't tackle or hit to save his life

I don't think Holliman is worth a first round pick. He has pretty good ball skills but he's a terrible tackler and is benefiting from the system he's in making him look better than he is imo. If we're going to go defense in the first round I think we should go for either an ILB or a pass rusher. I still think an O-lineman could be in play for round 1, as Luck getting hit over 70 times this year and our inability to run the football against good teams are absolutely major flaws that need to be sorted out desperately. But a linebacker would be the positional upgrade I foresee if we go defense in round 1.

I think this team needs defensive playmakers in the front 7, that's what hurting the team the most. The secondary is fine, the LB's(all 4) needs to be upgraded.

I agree.  Even the OLBs aren't really playing at the level needed for a good 34, but Walden and Werner are playing too well to invest heavily in replacing now, not to mention Werner needs to be allowed some time to become a good SAM.  And Newsome can make strides next year too. 

I'd start with upgrading both ILB's this offseason.  And Freeman's contract is up, so Grigs will be making a decision there.

More youth and athleticism at one S position wouldn't hurt either.

At least at this time, I feel that you have Arie Kouandjio a little high. He has had some fairly severe knee injuries in the past as well.

It also seems like Daryl Williams from Oklahoma will be drafted higher.

The main concern I have with Holliman is his ability to tackle. I haven't watched much of Louisville, but he is clearly a ballhawk with that many picks. He would still represent massive improvement at safety.