Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Reitz & Xavier Nixon splitting reps at Starting RG

TKnight24

@KBowenColts: Pagano said Xavier Nixon, a possible option at right guard, left practice early due to a foot injury.

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Joe Reitz and Xavier Nixon got the reps at right guard today in practice.

Depending on the inuru severity, they'll continue until the decision is made on who'll start

:colts:

Everyone in the league has an injury this time of the year.  It comes down to - can you play with it.  Chill.

I also like Reitz at G.  Shipley and Holmes can also play, but Holmes will probably be inactive... again.

I really wanted to see what Nixon brings at Guard. There's absolutely no way Holmes plays.

And I am chilled.

Everyone in the league has an injury this time of the year.  It comes down to - can you play with it.  Chill.

I also like Reitz at G.  Shipley and Holmes can also play, but Holmes will probably be inactive... again.

What makes you think Holmes can play? He hasn't played all year a healthy inactive since getting healthy. At this point I would be less surprised to see a guy from the PS or off the streets on the O Line than Holmes. I don't understand why he is taking up a roster spot.

What makes you think Holmes can play? He hasn't played all year a healthy inactive since getting healthy. At this point I would be less surprised to see a guy from the PS or off the streets on the O Line than Holmes. I don't understand why he is taking up a roster spot.

I'm not sure if you mean 'can he play' or 'can he play', if you know what I mean.  Since he's not on the injury report each week, I have to assume he's healthy.  From what Grigs said, he's now working out at G, that's what I meant when I said he could play there.

I totally agree with you, and I've said it before, if he's healthy and he's never active, why keep him?  If he's not healthy enough to play, IR him again.  Waste of a roster spot.

Yeah, it is an enigma, a mystery, a riddle with Holmes. :wall:

I'm not sure if you mean 'can he play' or 'can he play', if you know what I mean.  Since he's not on the injury report each week, I have to assume he's healthy.  From what Grigs said, he's now working out at G, that's what I meant when I said he could play there.

I totally agree with you, and I've said it before, if he's healthy and he's never active, why keep him?  If he's not healthy enough to play, IR him again.  Waste of a roster spot.

I am with you on that. Unfortunately the healthy inactive every week leads me to believe he just isn't very good as far as working at G that was his first position at USC it shouldn't be much of a transition. We need help at G that is for sure. I think the guy is a waste we lose him in the off season.

I just don't understand why we keep him on the roster. I really  wanted to see if Quarles could bring something to the D Line like maybe a pass rush. He is gone now. He at least hit the field for a game and had a sack Why is Holmes on the team?