Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agent Centers

Little late to be looking for free agent centers, should have got the right guy the first time.  Velasco is the only decent one left that isn't a dinosaur.  Either way they need to bring a respectable low cost veteran, can not expect either a rookie or second year player to be the answer.  If it does work out that way fine, but I would have another guy ready.

I liked Phil Costa as a backup - and that's what I feel he was meant to be. I wouldn't have wanted him to be brought in as the day 1 starter and I don't think he was going to start if all went according to the current coaching staff's vision. The coaching staff seems to want to give Holmes a shot to start. That's scary for us because we've seen almost none of him, but they must have some reason believe he can perform reasonably well as a starting C this season.

I would like Goodwin to be a mentor to Holmes. Start ZGoodwin and then let Holmes take over at some point within the next 2 years. 

I wanted Goodwin since the first day of FA

I think the Colts want Holmes to win the job. That is why they brought in Costa who would have been a 3 position back up Holmes would have won the job.

Guys like Goodwin and Kyle Cook probably want a chance to start I don't think that is what we are looking for. We want Holmes to start for better or worse. I think we sign a journeyman G/C after June 1st cuts. Holmes is our starting C.