Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

League Mock Draft

This Draft was based on the current standings.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

2. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

3. St. Louis Rams - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

4. Arizona Cardinals - Matt Kalil, OT, Southern California

5. Carolina Panthers - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

6. Denver Broncos - Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

8. Minnesota Vikings - Johnathan Martin, OT, Stanford

9. Philadelphia Eagles - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

10. Cleveland Browns(Falcons) - Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

11. Chicago Bears - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

12. Kansas City Chiefs - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

13. New York Jets - Jared Crick, DT/DE, Nebraska

14. Seattle Seahawks - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

15. Cleveland Browns - Brandon Jenkins, OLB/DE, Florida State

16. Dallas Cowboys - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

17. Cincinnati Bengals - Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

18. Houston Texans - Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington

19. New York Giants - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

20. Oakland Raiders - Zach Brown, OLB/DE, North Carolina

21. Pittsburgh Steelers - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE, Alabama

23. Tennessee Titans - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

24. Baltimore Ravens - Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

25. Washington Redskins - Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California

26. Buffalo Bills - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

27. New England Patriots - Donte Moss, OLB/DE, North Carolina

28. New England Patriots(Saints) - Bruce Irvin, OLB/DE, West Virginia

29. San Diego Chargers - Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama

30. San Francisco 49ers - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

31. Detroit Lions - Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

32. Green Bay Packers - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2. Miami Dolphins - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

3. St. Louis Rams - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

14. Seattle Seahawks - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

There, fixed it for ya, if it actually finished in that order. Were not passing on that type of talent.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

2. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

3. St. Louis Rams - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

14. Seattle Seahawks - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

There, fixed it for ya, if it actually finished in that order. Were not passing on that type of talent.

I agree...so I fixed it again, cause I don't think they'll slap Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Saturday, Clark and Wayne in the face and tell them we're not going to use the best pick in the entire draft to try to help them win another SB. ;)

I agree...so I fixed it again, cause I don't think they'll slap Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Saturday, Clark and Wayne in the face and tell them we're not going to use the best pick in the entire draft to try to help them win another SB. ;)

I think if they start worrying too much about what the current players think, this team is in serious trouble anyway. That kind of stuff can't be thought about from a business standpoint. Even if the Colts were to go in a different direction than Luck, I don't think Jeffery will even be in their top 5 considerations. He is not a Polian guy. He's over 6'1", not a prolific route runner, and don't have elite speed. Essentially he's a tall physical reciever and Polian don't value that.

I think if they start worrying too much about what the current players think, this team is in serious trouble anyway. That kind of stuff can't be thought about from a business standpoint. Even if the Colts were to go in a different direction than Luck, I don't think Jeffery will even be in their top 5 considerations. He is not a Polian guy. He's over 6'1", not a prolific route runner, and don't have elite speed. Essentially he's a tall physical reciever and Polian don't value that.

That all depends on if they really want to re-sign Mathis, Saturday and Wayne. If they have no problem letting these guys walk then that means you're probably right. If they want these guys to come back though then they'd better take into consideration how they'll feel about the use of the #1 pick.

Also, I really don't think they'd draft Jeffery either...not anything to do with Jeffery but because it's simply not the biggest area of need. It was just the easiest way to rework the mock draft without reworking the entire thing and without putting Coples back at the top. I didn't want to put Coples back at the top because I don't think he gets drafted unless they let Mathis walk.

Why do people like Alshon Jeffery so much? I know this is pointless but the guy looks outta shape in all his pics. looks like hes just naturally big.. no muscle or anything from working out

Honestly, I like Michael Floyd better but unless things change drastically, he'll most likely be the #3 WR prospect so that, and not wanting to rework the entire draft from the original post, is the only reason I put Jeffery in my post above. Jeffery is a great WR but from the games I've watched Floyd seems to play faster and harder on a more consistent basis.

Why do people like Alshon Jeffery so much? I know this is pointless but the guy looks outta shape in all his pics. looks like hes just naturally big.. no muscle or anything from working out

Honestly, I think its because he's tall and thats it. People are infatuated with height on a WR.

Honestly, I think its because he's tall and thats it. People are infatuated with height on a WR.

If these WRs.... whoever they are and however tall they are.... don't run razor-sharp routes, I don't believe we would ever pick them that high.

We got Reggie at what....#30 if I remember right.... and Collie in the 4th round. Heck.... even Marvin didn't go until #19 overall.

Route running and hands are 1 and 1a when picking WRs....IMO.

With this draft order, I would trade the #1 pick to Denver for their #1, 2 and at least a 2 next year. then I would pick up a DT like Thompson or Crick, a cb in the 2nd and an interior OL with our 2nd.

Love the idea but I think we'd get more in return....the 2013 pick would have to be 1st round and I think at least 1 or 2 mid round picks would be included as well.

I'm not a pro-Luck person. I wouldn't mind drafting him but we have more pressing needs then a back up quarterback.

that's why i said "the only question will be, what team drafts him".

if manning is healthy, the colts will definitely trade the pick for the best offer.

I'm not a pro-Luck person. I wouldn't mind drafting him but we have more pressing needs then a back up quarterback.

I agree with both you and Husker...I don't think we'll draft Luck but I do think he'll be picked #1. If we're at #1 then we'll either draft Luck or trade the pick...I really don't think they'd pick another player at the top spot but I get what you were doing in just going down the board and making the picks without predicting any trades on this mock.

If these WRs.... whoever they are and however tall they are.... don't run razor-sharp routes, I don't believe we would ever pick them that high.

We got Reggie at what....#30 if I remember right.... and Collie in the 4th round. Heck.... even Marvin didn't go until #19 overall.

Route running and hands are 1 and 1a when picking WRs....IMO.

Very well said. Heck, the Patriots and Packers don't do it with all big, tall guys. Sure, they are physical, but route running and hands come first in an elite passing game. Size is just a bonus. People are a little infatuated with Calvin Johnson, methinks. There's a reason why there's only one of him in the league, however...

Love the idea but I think we'd get more in return....the 2013 pick would have to be 1st round and I think at least 1 or 2 mid round picks would be included as well.

Agreed. This could end up akin to the old Herschel Walker thing. We could really shore up our "now" and "later" by trading the Luck pick.

I agree with both you and Husker...I don't think we'll draft Luck but I do think he'll be picked #1. If we're at #1 then we'll either draft Luck or trade the pick...I really don't think they'd pick another player at the top spot but I get what you were doing in just going down the board and making the picks without predicting any trades on this mock.

+1

I don't know about any of yall but the reason that I love Alshon Jeffery is because he is an incredibly talented WR. So what if he's tall, he's 6'4" 233 lbs. He the closest thin to Calvin Johnson there is. Somewhere on this website, someone posted a scouting report on Alshon Jeffery and he graded a 9.1 out of 10, where Calvin Johnson graded a 9.6 out of ten. Anything higher than a 9 is an incredible talent, according to that acouting report.

This year's WR class is much better than last year's WR class. There's a reason that Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon were All-Americans over A.J. Green and Julio Jones last year.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

I don't know about any of yall but the reason that I love Alshon Jeffery is because he is an incredibly talented WR. So what if he's tall, he's 6'4" 233 lbs. He the closest thin to Calvin Johnson there is. Somewhere on this website, someone posted a scouting report on Alshon Jeffery and he graded a 9.1 out of 10, where Calvin Johnson graded a 9.6 out of ten. Anything higher than a 9 is an incredible talent, according to that acouting report.

This year's WR class is much better than last year's WR class. There's a reason that Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon were All-Americans over A.J. Green and Julio Jones last year.

Do you know what Michael Floyd's draft grade is/was or have a link to the website that has the draft grades?

Do you know what Michael Floyd's draft grade is/was or have a link to the website that has the draft grades?

Sorry it's somewhere on this website on the NFL draft board, I read it a couple of days ago. Alshon's scouting report was a preseason scouting report, and I don't know about Michael Floyd though.