Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buffalo34

It's pretty much a given the Colts get the ball first right?

11 posts in this topic

The Bills always defer when they win the coin toss. I remember in the Peyton days (and Dungy/Caldwell) days that the Colts always received if they won the toss. Do they still always receive when they win the toss under Pagano (well, Arians now), or do they defer now?

As you know I'm one of the few people who hates getting the ball first lol

1 person likes this

With our defense, we defer putting them on the field whenever possible. Be scared of our return game. Sometimes we nearly make it to the 20!

2 people like this

With our defense, we defer putting them on the field whenever possible. Be scared of our return game. Sometimes we nearly make it to the 20!

We almost got trindon almost

Infact I hate getting it first infact in madden I usually always defer because it gives me the advantage in the second half if I need to come from behind plus its a better idea to send defense out first in first half cuz they not tired yet

Personally, I always prefer to defer. That way, you know you're getting the ball to start the second half, so if you can get the ball in the final 2 mins of the first half and put a scoring drive together, then do the same to start the 2nd half, that's a 14 point swing without the opposing team even touching the ball.

I would think that you'd always defer. The game is never won or lost on the first drive, but the swing in the half can bury teams. See last weekend in NE.

Yes you got it, our special teams is a force to be reckoned with.

1 person likes this

Personally, I always prefer to defer. That way, you know you're getting the ball to start the second half, so if you can get the ball in the final 2 mins of the first half and put a scoring drive together, then do the same to start the 2nd half, that's a 14 point swing without the opposing team even touching the ball.

Agreed, remember, in the 2006 AFCCG the Colts used the end of the first half and the start of the second half to put up 10 points without the Patriots ever touching the ball. The score went from 21-3 to 21-13 and flipped it from a 3 possession game to a 1 possession game.

And in Super Bowl XXV (Wide Right for those unfamiliar), the Giants closed out the first half with a touchdown on a time consuming drive, and opened up the second half with a time consuming drive that resulted in a TD, and they were able to nab 14 unanswered points. Doing this alsokept the Bills and their high powered offense off the field for a LONG time, and then the Bills spent the second half trying to keep pace with the Giants rather than the other way around.

The Bills always defer when they win the coin toss. I remember in the Peyton days (and Dungy/Caldwell) days that the Colts always received if they won the toss. Do they still always receive when they win the toss under Pagano (well, Arians now), or do they defer now?

As you know I'm one of the few people who hates getting the ball first lol

....buffalo man..

Unless there are adverse weather conditions......I want the ball first all the time ..byt I;'ve noticed that the news Colts coaches do like 'D' firts.

Its a kstake..

You can fool and suprise people at the start of a game...Its harder at the start of the second half...

Plus....when you have a top QB...give him a chance to get you a 3-0, 7-0 lead

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• THIS should be Peyton's new job
      If it's as funny as the commercials they used to do then absolutely. 
    • Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      In a nutshell,  size, feet,  arm length,  athletic ability and smarts....     yet, he fells to the 82nd pick.   Here are the five Colts' Scouts talking about Clark and what they saw that made them like him so much.....   If you can't tell by now,  I'm a huge fan of this series.    So glad the team is willing to let these guys talk in front of the cameras.     Enjoy!!   http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Scouts-Roundtable-Why-LeRaven-Clark-Stood-Out/57983a1a-f3e8-4845-b195-08bb75f80528
    • Nate Irving Lost 20 Pounds?
      I think the trio of Morrison, Green and Clark will be a good litmus test for this scouting department.   Green and Clark are tools guys.    They've got physical gifts that can't be taught and can this staff coach them up in time for them to start in 2017?      I'm not all that concerned how much they contribute this year,   but it's vital that they be able to either be starters and/or important contributors next year.   Morrison is the exact opposite....   not great physical tools,  but a guy who the staff thinks plays faster than he tests.    He does so with instincts,  desire and heart.    They think he's a team leader,  an alpha dog that will be great in the locker room and who others will rally to.      I see him also as a 2017.   If those three are starting in 2017,  then are scouts are validated.       If not?     Duck and run for cover.....       
    • THIS should be Peyton's new job
      Once Eli retires, him and Peyton should do their own commentary together. They can even bring their dad along for the ride for some triple commentary.
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      When I first saw this thread, I thought I was late to the party, but then I saw that this thread has been going since 2012.   I'm still late to the party, but story of my life.  I joined in 2015, but have been a Colts fan since I was a kid.   My first Colts memory is getting a hat signed by Quentin Coryatt at training camp, and that same year almost going to the SB.   My favorite Colts memory is beating the Pats to get to the SB in 2006.   Favorite Colts:   1. Peyton Manning 2. Marvin Harrison 3. Reggie Wayne 4. Dallas Clark 5. Brandon Stokely   Needless to say, Peyton (#1) and everyone he threw the ball to (#2-5) won me many, many fantasy football games, and are my guys for eternity.   You might assume from my top 5 Colts that I am a "new-age" "fairweather" fan who only likes offense and points.  You are wrong.  I am grateful for the offensive Renaissance in Indy, but Defense is my passion.  My secret top 5 Colts: Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Cato June, Gary Brackett.   I want Henry Anderson to help lead a Defensive Renaissance in Indy.  Luck and TY are great, and I hope the OLine is outstanding, but the D is the Key.
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hey guys,   I have been posting for probably a year or so now.  I reside in Brazil, IN, which is about 20 minutes East of Terre Haute on I-70.  I'm 28 years old and have been a Colts fan since Harbaugh days, but really started following and rooting hard for them after they drafted Manning in 98.  I love our team and my family and I make sure we are ready to rock for every game.  We always have viewing parties at my father-in-laws or my house and are known to holler and scream at the TV!  Hope all is well with all of you, and GO COLTS!
  • Members

• MrPreGame

MrPreGame 18

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 8,736

• weslo1812

weslo1812 403

• Superman

Superman 20,686

Moderators
    • Chucklez

Chucklez 421

• lewisjol

lewisjol 2

Rookie
    • Kirie89

Kirie89 14

• BloodyChamp

BloodyChamp 432

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 3,672

• CantBeStopped

CantBeStopped 240

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.