Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buffalo34

It's pretty much a given the Colts get the ball first right?

11 posts in this topic

The Bills always defer when they win the coin toss. I remember in the Peyton days (and Dungy/Caldwell) days that the Colts always received if they won the toss. Do they still always receive when they win the toss under Pagano (well, Arians now), or do they defer now?

As you know I'm one of the few people who hates getting the ball first lol

1 person likes this

With our defense, we defer putting them on the field whenever possible. Be scared of our return game. Sometimes we nearly make it to the 20!

2 people like this

With our defense, we defer putting them on the field whenever possible. Be scared of our return game. Sometimes we nearly make it to the 20!

We almost got trindon almost

Infact I hate getting it first infact in madden I usually always defer because it gives me the advantage in the second half if I need to come from behind plus its a better idea to send defense out first in first half cuz they not tired yet

Personally, I always prefer to defer. That way, you know you're getting the ball to start the second half, so if you can get the ball in the final 2 mins of the first half and put a scoring drive together, then do the same to start the 2nd half, that's a 14 point swing without the opposing team even touching the ball.

I would think that you'd always defer. The game is never won or lost on the first drive, but the swing in the half can bury teams. See last weekend in NE.

Yes you got it, our special teams is a force to be reckoned with.

1 person likes this

Personally, I always prefer to defer. That way, you know you're getting the ball to start the second half, so if you can get the ball in the final 2 mins of the first half and put a scoring drive together, then do the same to start the 2nd half, that's a 14 point swing without the opposing team even touching the ball.

Agreed, remember, in the 2006 AFCCG the Colts used the end of the first half and the start of the second half to put up 10 points without the Patriots ever touching the ball. The score went from 21-3 to 21-13 and flipped it from a 3 possession game to a 1 possession game.

And in Super Bowl XXV (Wide Right for those unfamiliar), the Giants closed out the first half with a touchdown on a time consuming drive, and opened up the second half with a time consuming drive that resulted in a TD, and they were able to nab 14 unanswered points. Doing this alsokept the Bills and their high powered offense off the field for a LONG time, and then the Bills spent the second half trying to keep pace with the Giants rather than the other way around.

The Bills always defer when they win the coin toss. I remember in the Peyton days (and Dungy/Caldwell) days that the Colts always received if they won the toss. Do they still always receive when they win the toss under Pagano (well, Arians now), or do they defer now?

As you know I'm one of the few people who hates getting the ball first lol

....buffalo man..

Unless there are adverse weather conditions......I want the ball first all the time ..byt I;'ve noticed that the news Colts coaches do like 'D' firts.

Its a kstake..

You can fool and suprise people at the start of a game...Its harder at the start of the second half...

Plus....when you have a top QB...give him a chance to get you a 3-0, 7-0 lead