Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

Wednesday 's Injury Report heading into Tomorrow Night's Game

12 posts in this topic

Yuck. I know most of those guys are listed as questionable for tomorrow but I have a feeling a good chunk will be out Thursday due to pretty much having an extra bye week after it to be able get healthy. With that said I would expect Freeney to play I think his rest is a product of the injury he's been playing threw and his age. I also feel good about Avery being able to play if he was a full go today in practice. The rest other than Angerer I am not so sure about. Although with Brown they might very well do what they did on Sunday try him early and see how he responds.

We are probably going to be short handed. The good news is that this SHOULD be a game they can get away with being a little short handed in.

I think we need Mathis to play too. We just don't get enough pressure when he's out, but if he can't go, then he can't go. I don't want to force it.

I think Mathis plays, whether or not it's the whole game remains to be seen.

I think Mathis plays, whether or not it's the whole game remains to be seen.

Agreed. I bet he'll play a small portion.

Yuck. I know most of those guys are listed as questionable for tomorrow but I have a feeling a good chunk will be out Thursday due to pretty much having an extra bye week after it to be able get healthy. With that said I would expect Freeney to play I think his rest is a product of the injury he's been playing threw and his age. I also feel good about Avery being able to play if he was a full go today in practice. The rest other than Angerer I am not so sure about. Although with Brown they might very well do what they did on Sunday try him early and see how he responds.

Freeney was FP all week, according to Colts.com.

I'd really like to see Justice and Mathis out there, but it's not looking good.

Freeney was FP all week, according to Colts.com.

I'd really like to see Justice and Mathis out there, but it's not looking good.

justice told chappell he was going to play, but then again players are always optimistic

1 person likes this

justice told chappell he was going to play, but then again players are always optimistic

Great to hear. Thank you.

The only player I see us really missing in this game is Mathis, I think our corners will do okay this week. I think we will be okay.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Something no one is talking about
      A funny side story about Toler....   I was at our home game versus the Redskins and after the game waiting for my wife I saw a giant Toler entourage coming towards me.  So I walked up to one of them, all wearing Toler jersey's including a woman with Toler's number but with "MOM" on the back (obviously his Mom which they confirmed as well as his brothers, one of whom I was talking to).   I made some small talk as they had also stopped at the ladies room area and in talking with his brother, I said politely that "we really love how his brother has been playing (he had a good game that day I believe) and I was glad he was in Indy.   His brother said "thanks, but I think you're in the minority around here, I read all sorts of stuff on the web from fans who trash him in Indy."  I said I was sorry to hear that, it must be hard to be a family member of an NFL player and he said "you have no idea man..."   He also shared some other comments I can't share but it made me think about the fact that if I had a brother in the league, I'd be on message boards like these reading the comments as well.  I wonder how many of the Toler haters would have told his brother and family to their faces how much you think he sucks and how many would lie or say nothing even if asked.   Food for thought.  I had no negative feelings about Toler at the time and we'd just had this huge win and I was enjoying a little unique time with his family for a 5-10 minute chat.  In the end, all these players, good and bad have families and Moms and brothers and sisters out there likely reading hatred from local fans or opposing fans or both and it likely really sucks for them, especially in cases where people are simply wrong in their critique or even worse when they are right.  
    • Interesting article on Moncrief last season
      The problem with this is that it is from week 3 of last season.  Do they have an update to offer? 
    • Extremly early prediction...
      I am surprised anyone would think this.  We have one proven but injury prone #1 TE, a career back-up/3rd teamer/utility blocker in Doyle and completely unproven Swoope.  One injury and we essentially have no downfield receiving threat at TE.  Swoope might be okay in the end zone (I can't imagine what else he'll be good at at this point as nothing supports thinking he's going to be other than wishful thinking), but if Allen is out you really want to roll with two small WR's and Moncrief and that's about it as targets for Luck?    I think not only do we need 4 TE's. (one of which would be a solid Full Back type) but we desperately need a veteran WR with some size in the mix with Dorsett and Hilton and Moncrief.  I think we can count on at least one of those three going down during the season and Allen as well.  We can't be stripped so bare a TE and WR.  There will be plenty of veteran proven solid WR's available during camp, we need to find the right one and we need the security of 4 TE's to start.  If Swoope somehow turns into a monster, then you cut the weak link when you're making the constant roster moves during the season for injury coverage maybe.  But I really hope we don't rely on Swoope to be our 3rd TE with no further backup.     I also hope to God that Harrison doesn't make the roster.  If he did, this draft of 4 o-linemen was an abject failure.  That means more of the same misery on the o-;line next year.  Surely we're now good enough to move past this scrub.     I can't see Jackson getting cut as we are razor thin at ILB, which I think is our weakest unit without him, even worse than our OLB's.  /Sure, he can't pass cover but losing Freeman means his tackling will be a premium need for us.  (I still think that was a critical mistake letting him go... he was always a monster for us and Sio showed nothing last year).  
    • Let's talk UDFA: Tevaun Smith
      For what it's worth, he was selected in the first round of the CFL draft by the Edmonton Eskimos. http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/eskimos-take-former-iawa-wr-tevaun-smith-in-first-round-of-cfl-draft  
    • Haeg got first team rels at RG over Clark?
      If Clark were more pro ready I would switch him and AC at the tackle positions.  I bet AC would be a good RT and Clarks long arms and good feet are a natural LT.  
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      When I first saw this thread, I thought I was late to the party, but then I saw that this thread has been going since 2012.   I'm still late to the party, but story of my life.  I joined in 2015, but have been a Colts fan since I was a kid.   My first Colts memory is getting a hat signed by Quentin Coryatt at training camp, and that same year almost going to the SB.   My favorite Colts memory is beating the Pats to get to the SB in 2006.   Favorite Colts:   1. Peyton Manning 2. Marvin Harrison 3. Reggie Wayne 4. Dallas Clark 5. Brandon Stokely   Needless to say, Peyton (#1) and everyone he threw the ball to (#2-5) won me many, many fantasy football games, and are my guys for eternity.   You might assume from my top 5 Colts that I am a "new-age" "fairweather" fan who only likes offense and points.  You are wrong.  I am grateful for the offensive Renaissance in Indy, but Defense is my passion.  My secret top 5 Colts: Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Cato June, Gary Brackett.   I want Henry Anderson to help lead a Defensive Renaissance in Indy.  Luck and TY are great, and I hope the OLine is outstanding, but the D is the Key.
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hey guys,   I have been posting for probably a year or so now.  I reside in Brazil, IN, which is about 20 minutes East of Terre Haute on I-70.  I'm 28 years old and have been a Colts fan since Harbaugh days, but really started following and rooting hard for them after they drafted Manning in 98.  I love our team and my family and I make sure we are ready to rock for every game.  We always have viewing parties at my father-in-laws or my house and are known to holler and scream at the TV!  Hope all is well with all of you, and GO COLTS!
  • Members

• will426

will426 400

• BProland85

BProland85 817

• Flash

Flash 91

• JPFolks

JPFolks 322

• Krauses

Krauses 34

• Pagano's Realtor

Pagano's Realtor 494

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 206

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 3,669

• backshoulderfade

backshoulderfade 1,014

• COLTS449

COLTS449 1,856

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.