Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Back down to reality.

StewieG

Did you see the Bears starters play the first half of they're game? They have all kind of O line issues just like us and they let Eli Manning be almost perfect 17-21. Bartel made Tillman look like a undrafted free agent. Cutler running for his life. Forte was averaging less than .5 yards a carry.blocked punt. Yea they have alot of issues to get straightened out before people say they are going to kill us. (I already placed a friendly wager at school $50 colts beat Bears lol)

Trust me I hope I am wrong. But I know Urlacher is going to hear about our o line being bad today and hes going to have a huge grin on his face.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me I hope I am wrong. But I know Urlacher is going to hear about our o line being bad today and hes going to have a huge grin on his face.

Is Urlacher even going to play in week 1? Afterall, he just had microscopic surgery. Even if he does play, who cares? You act as if Urlacher is a cyborg that can't be defeated. You are completely over-reacting.

Is Urlacher even going to play in week 1? Afterall, he just had microscopic surgery. Even if he does play, who cares? You act as if Urlacher is a cyborg that can't be defeated. You are completely over-reacting.

Crap forgot about that to be honest. And no I am not over reacting. There were blaring issues and only someone blind couldn't see how poor we played.

I'm not understanding why everyone has hit the Panic Button. 2 Weeks of our O-Line being Praised by the same ones who are now panicking? What happened to that? One terrible game & everyone's running for the hills. Here's the reality of it people, get used to it. Young & New team, there will be growing pains. If you don't like it, maybe you should find a new team or something idk. All we can do, is hope the team realized how sloppy & unprofessional they looked out there today.

But it's gonna be a long week in Practice for the Colts. Cause I know Pagano is sick to his stomach from this Performance

Crap forgot about that to be honest. And no I am not over reacting. There were blaring issues and only someone blind couldn't see how poor we played.

Trust me, You ARE over-reacting. Of course there are issue's, we are a young team with many new faces. Every team has issue's and every team has bad games. Do you think the Skins are better than Pittsburgh? With the logic(or lack there-of) you're using, you would seem to suggest that the Skins are better than the Steelers. Afterall, it took Pitts, a last second field goal to beat us last week and the skins handed it to us this week, therefore, the skins must be better than the Steelers. :rolleyes:

Trust me, You ARE over-reacting. Of course there are issue's, we are a young team with many new faces. Every team has issue's and every team has bad games. Do you think the Skins are better than Pittsburgh? With the logic(or lack there-of) you're using, you would seem to suggest that the Skins are better than the Steelers. Afterall, it took Pitts, a last second field goal to beat us last week and the skins handed it to us this week, therefore, the skins must be better than the Steelers. :rolleyes:

Yeah but there are many differences. The 3rd preseason game is always prepared as a regular season game.

And also the most of the steelers first stringers were done after the first quarter. So Luck and company were playing against 1st stringers today into the third quarter.

Thats a big difference.

Yeah but there are many differences. The 3rd preseason game is always prepared as a regular season game.

And also the most of the steelers first stringers were done after the first quarter. So Luck and company were playing against 1st stringers today into the third quarter.

Thats a big difference.

Yet the game was 14-7 when they came out

Thats a big difference.

You listen too much to the announcers on TV. Im telling you right now, this game was not prepared for like a regular season game. I absolutely guarantee you of that. Yes, they do put in a gameplan for the 3rd game, but it is nothing like they will do for regular season games. Pittsburgh played most of their starters for the entire 1st half last week with the exception of the last series and the starters today only played 1 series in the 3rd Qtr..

Yes I know. But Washington is not a great team. If we play like this against the Packers, Patriots we would get blown out of the building.

Are you related to oldunclemark? Man, you sound so much like him. Better get used to the idea, we are going to get beat badly by a few teams this season. Thats to be expected unless you're delusional.

You listen too much to the announcers on TV. Im telling you right now, this game was not prepared for like a regular season game. I absolutely guarantee you of that. Yes, they do put in a gameplan for the 3rd game, but it is nothing like they will do for regular season games. Pittsburgh played most of their starters for the entire 1st half last week with the exception of the last series and the starters today only played 1 series in the 3rd Qtr..

I sure hope we don't go into the regular season with game plans like that. Trust me, I hope I am wrong but this game just left a sour taste in my mouth. I would proudly eat crow if we look much better in the regular season. Its just our o line may seriously get Luck injured. He can't avoid every single hit.

I sure hope we don't go into the regular season with game plans like that. Trust me, I hope I am wrong but this game just left a sour taste in my mouth. I would proudly eat crow if we look much better in the regular season. Its just our o line may seriously get Luck injured. He can't avoid every single hit.

You know how many times I heard people say this exact same thing about Manning? Yet, he's still alive and kicking in Denver.

They'll be fine. Not every game is going to be Luck throwing 2 or 3 TD's looking flawless. He will have bad games. It's been said a million times but look at Manning's rookie season. Look at Cam. They didn't make the playoffs nor were they flawless every game. Even Dalton and Roethlisberger had bad games despite making the playoffs.

I expect the season to be a roller coaster.

Serious question: If this game is bringing you back down to reality, what kind of expectations did you have before this game?

That's the problem. We had two decent preseason games and many people were thinking Super Bowl. The defense is going to be as bad as it has always been. It's not really even a 3-4 defense. It's more like a 5-2. Freeney and Mathis aren't geared for a 3-4 defense and we have no corners. We have no O line or running game. Luck will win some games if he stays healthy but I'm not sure he will. It's gonna be another bad season. Next season will be better because we'll have money to get really good free agents and we'll have another high draft pick.

Some of you are over exaggerating... the game i saw the colts defense got alot of pressure on Griffin... any other QB like brady, peyton and other QBs like that would have gotten sacked. The defense didnt look too good in run defense but thats expexted since they dont have an NT and thats basically your anchor in the 3-4.

The offensive line did a pretty good job considering they went against a defense with tons of good players and a pretty darn good 3-4 defense, this oline is only gonna get better and i fully believe that.

They'll be fine. Not every game is going to be Luck throwing 2 or 3 TD's looking flawless. He will have bad games. It's been said a million times but look at Manning's rookie season. Look at Cam. They didn't make the playoffs nor were they flawless every game. Even Dalton and Roethlisberger had bad games despite making the playoffs.

I expect the season to be a roller coaster.

Luck did have a great game 14-23 151yrds 1td 94.7 QB rating. Held RGIII to 70yrds.It was the run defense that made the game look bad

Luck did have a great game 14-23 151yrds 1td 94.7 QB rating. Held RGIII to 70yrds.It was the run defense that made the game look bad

I know that but imagine what the forum will be like when Luck has a 0 TD 3 INT game. "Why did we let go of Peyton?" "Luck a bust?" etc.

I think that people are forgetting that (at the end of last year) the Redskins were considered a good team that just needed a new quarterback. Now that they have that, the Colts came in and the Redskins beat them. Plain and simple. Yes, the Colts have issues, but they are still a work in progress. Give them this season to fix and tweek things. The Colts are going to be an awesome team.

Since today they game planned like its a real regular season game, the first half was alarming.

Our offensive line is going to get Luck absolutely killed if it is not fixed here soon. Urlacher has to be licking his chops right about now. Gavin was absolutely right when saying our o line will have problems.

We had no running game. Donald Brown wasn't able to do ANYTHING behind this line. Even Ballard struggled.

Our first team defense was pitiful against the run. They had over 100 yards by midway in the second quarter!

I know I may seem pessimistic, but like I said the team treats it like its a regular season game!

And we looked bad in nearly every phase of the game. Even special teams wasn't as good as it has been the last few games.

Last thought: I hope Whalen makes the team. He has looked great.

And how many times during the peyton era did that happen? ALL THE TIME. Preseason=Meh (I still watch though)

There's a reason why Vegas had the line at 5.5 games this year. You can poo poo the pundits and analysts all you want....but vegas....they put their money where their mouth is....litterely....so if they have us at 5.5....we are a very very likely that. I've said all along 5 wins is what I expect. 4 or less and I will be dissappointed...6 or more would be awesome. 5 is my C grading point.

Pittsburgh and Washington was a just a picture of what our season will be like. Lots of ups and downs....great, good, and bad. We look for chances to grow and learn and make progress. We knew we had issues on the OL and the secondary....and we knew we had a great qb....nothing has changed. I think you are just seeing people come down to earth....and the rest of us saying a little I told you so.

We also have to remember Pagano is a rookie head coach and Grigson is a rookie GM. Everyone is learning and growing.

The 3rd down completion rate was so good mainly because of Luck. He was able to escape trouble and find the open guy.

That's why teams place such a high premium on having a good quarterback.

I'll also point out that the Packers had these kind of protection issues early in Rodgers tenure as the starter. It took him two years to figure out how to do what Luck was doing today.

Im more interested in this trade scenario and the injuries, We will be good sooner then later. This year just isnt that year. I'd like to see either Tepper or Reitz at Right Tackle, I can almost guarantee they cant do any worse then Justice and his slow feet did today especially in that 1st quarter, whiffed a Cut Block, got caught off balance and ate some grass a couple times and beat around the corner, I would like to see Satele get a heck of alot more push then he has. It seems ever since coming over that aggression I thought he was bringing hasn't shown up, Seth Olsen got knocked back a bit today but hes the lesser of the two 'evils' at Right Guard if were comparing him to what we had to start with (Mcglynn)Seth hasnt provided anything in run blocking really but hes the better pass blocker(which isn't saying much) . Hughes had another good game, he was all over the field making tackles. Freeman played very well after missing on a couple tackles vs Pitt.Nothing to say about the Corners except they are who we thought they were, with that said I hope Powers is ok and Mckinney

Im more interested in this trade scenario and the injuries, We will be good sooner then later. This year just isnt that year. I'd like to see either Tepper or Reitz at Right Tackle, I can almost guarantee they cant do any worse then Justice and his slow feet did today especially in that 1st quarter, whiffed a Cut Block, got caught off balance and ate some grass a couple times and beat around the corner, I would like to see Satele get a heck of alot more push then he has. It seems ever since coming over that aggression I thought he was bringing hasn't shown up, Seth Olsen got knocked back a bit today but hes the lesser of the two 'evils' at Right Guard if were comparing him to what we had to start with (Mcglynn)Seth hasnt provided anything in run blocking really but hes the better pass blocker(which isn't saying much) . Hughes had another good game, he was all over the field making tackles. Freeman played very well after missing on a couple tackles vs Pitt.Nothing to say about the Corners except they are who we thought they were, with that said I hope Powers is ok and Mckinney

I think Freeman should start ahead of Conner or Angerer. My gut is saying Conner

Freeman is a leader to me, and a guy the defense can lean on with more time in the scheme.

I think Freeman should start ahead of Conner or Angerer. My gut is saying Conner

Freeman is a leader to me, and a guy the defense can lean on with more time in the scheme.

Im thinking lets have Conner and Freeman rotate but I could see him making Conner dispensible in a trade situation of course he would have to play like he is now over the course of a whole season first to even make anyone think of consiering a worth while trade and Conner would as well

It's going to be rough for Luck because he is the heir to Peyton Manning and he's Andrew Luck. He'll definitely learn a lot this year about how to throw against the blitz. He better study that playbook even more because he will have to call a lot of audibles to protect himself.

Most of us figured this team would be good for maybe 3-4 wins this year, so why is everyone so shocked by what happened today? They looked like a 3-13 team. No surprises today. If anything, the surprise was last week.

I think most people were thinking 6-8 wins. a 3-4 win season would be a major disappointment. This team just having Luck should be improved over last year.

That's why teams place such a high premium on having a good quarterback.

I'll also point out that the Packers had these kind of protection issues early in Rodgers tenure as the starter. It took him two years to figure out how to do what Luck was doing today.

That is absolutely true as well. I'm sorry, this game just left a big time sour taste in my mouth since the first stringers all across the board looked like they were sleep walking out there.