Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Pro Bowl? Bring back the QB Challenge!

FightLikeSin

I think the NFL should bring back the QB Challenge along with the other position drill challenges they used to have from 1990-2007 to replace the Pro Bowl.

Players would still be voted into the event, but they don't have to suit up and play a half-@ce game. I remember watching these events back in the day with Manning, Brees, Vick and others. It was way more fun to watch than the Pro Bowl.

WR/RB's have their agility courses and races and what not. Even the kickers had a competition.

I don't know if it would be in Hawaii, but it would be something they could hold on a couple of practice football fields.

They should allow it to be free to the public as well.

There is so much potential for what to do with the Pro Bowl. You could have a flag football game with old players like they used to have. You could bring back the competitions for strongest player and fastest player. You could integrate fans into it by letting them play flag football with the old stars. Have a flag football game positions are switched (OL plays WR and DL plays DB). There is so much potential for it, but Goodell has ruined it

First of all the Pro Bowl should be after Super,so all players have the opportunity.Actually correct me if im wrong wasnt it considered an honor to be selected?

The honor is in getting selected as one of the top 5 players at your position in the league. The actual event is a joke and the players know it.

The honor is in getting selected as one of the top 5 players at your position in the league. The actual event is a joke and the players know it.

As for the QB challenge, the challenge would be to get any QBs to show up.

It didn't seem like such a challenge to get guys to participate a few years ago. I think they'd embrace that option over a full-on game.

It didn't seem like such a challenge to get guys to participate a few years ago. I think they'd embrace that option over a full-on game.

It was a back handed reference to the recent years and many players deciding not to play. I remember the competitions in the past and they were fun to watch, lots of kidding around so if it were to come to that I don't see that part changing either.

Why's that? Is there any record of that event in the past where QB's didn't show up? If Manning went and competed, I don't see why anyone else would think they are above that.

I have previously suggested an arm wrestling contest would be better than the current pro bowl... I do like the agility contest, bring it back or something like it.. but AFTER THE SB.. the season needs to be completed first IMO.. of course I think the NFL likes the SB to be the culmination of the season, the big TV extravaganza, so I doubt that would ever happen.

Ban the game forever. Instead, award something from the NFL to perhaps two players at each position and throw out the idea of one player must be represented from each team. Try to compare the baseball all star game with the stupid pro bowl.

I love the challenge idea.....

The QB challenge was always fun to watch and they should do something if the ProBowl is not to be anymore. I understand it is a full contact game sport and the players don't really take it serious. There is nothing on the line and no real reason other than the MVP trophy and gifts to try to play hard. Players don't want to get hurt and what if, just what if... that we still had Peyton and the ProBowl is the reason he would've suffered the neck injury. All over a game that means nothing.

Bring on the skills challenges. Celebrity "Rock 'N Jock" style of flag football game or something like that. As a fan I am upset that football is over and I would like a fun transition into the nothingness that is the off season.

Why's that? Is there any record of that event in the past where QB's didn't show up? If Manning went and competed, I don't see why anyone else would think they are above that.

Someone else thought the same as you and I said then that I was making a comment on the recent amount of "no shows" for many of the players and didn't make myself as clear as I wanted. Yes I mentioned QBs in particular but the sarcasm I was trying for evidently missed the mark.

Someone else thought the same as you and I said then that I was making a comment on the recent amount of "no shows" for many of the players and didn't make myself as clear as I wanted. Yes I mentioned QBs in particular but the sarcasm I was trying for evidently missed the mark.

sorry bro. Sarcasm is hard to detect in text. I think they only "no show" because the event is just so boring. But I remember the challenges back in the day, it was the thing to do. I think those guys wanted the bragging rights.