Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steal of the Draft

Moncrief

Andrew Luck. $22m for 4 years. STEAL OF THE 21st Century so far.

That's a good point. We really picked the right year to have the #1 pick. Polians a genius! ( sorry Braveheart, couldn't resist) But seriously, taking into account the player and the new rookie salary cap, not to mention what the Redskins paid for RGIII, this is the best value for a rookie in many many years.

That's a good point. We really picked the right year to have the #1 pick. Polians a genius! ( sorry Braveheart, couldn't resist) But seriously, taking into account the player and the new rookie salary cap, not to mention what the Redskins paid for RGIII, this is the best value for a rookie in many many years.

No offense taken WOM! Having said all this, Luck will only be the Steal of the Century if our D gives him enough ball to earn that title.

For the Colts it would be Josh Chapman

Josh Chapman is a beast! He played hurt (and I mean REALLY hurt) at the end of last season with 'Bama, and was still a force in the middle of their D-line. They say he's fully recovered, and if he plays up to expectations that hole up the middle won't be there this season. He'll be the key to making the 3-4 work.

If Chapmans ready i think he will be,but the proofs in the pudding

I love the Chapman pickup as a steal, but really getting 3 top 40 players and the two best prospects at TE on a team that appears headed toward the usage of three TE sets.

Sorry guys/gals.....I stayed with my Colts. Outside I hate to say it but Janoris Jenkins. I would not have drafted the thug, but is an excellent cover.

Coby Fleener was a huge steal for the Colts for many reasons. I had all but given up on him when the Niners and others were supposed to draft him in the first round. Josh Chapman is also much better than his draft position. Won the championship on the knee so the guy is tough as nails too.

I don't watch the draft and only pay attention to the Colts and a bit of attention to Jags, Texans and Titans or else I might have steals for other teams.

Although we got nothing for one of the greatest QB's in history so the point is offset and still probably in favor of the skins.

I have to agree with the premise that a true steal has to be a pick from the third day of the draft. As of right now, there are no steals in the 2012 draft because steals are determined by performance which can not be measured until September and beyond.

Rueben Randle to the Giants at the bottom of the 2nd round, right before the Colts picked again. If Randle was still there at the top of the 3rd round, I wonder if Grigson and Pagano would have taken him instead of Dwayne Allen.

I was also surprised the Colts passed on both Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson to get a second TE. Both CBs were picked immediately after the Colts selected Dwayne Allen. He better be worth it.

Yeah, I thought about that too. But then Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson were not even the top 4 CBs but Dwayne Allen was at worst the 2nd best TE in the draft, that is one way of looking at it. We did try out Trumaine Johnson, so we must not have liked him as much.

But if we were going to sign Dominique Jones who Pagano was touting and had Brody Eldridge and drafted Fleener, that top of 3rd round pick for Allen will be talked about for a while, IMO. Hopefully Allen makes us forget all the talk.