Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Know You're A Long Time Colts Fan Tonight ... If..

Smonroe

* You understand the O-Line won't be in mid season form.

* You're watching players instead of plays.

* You don't get too excited by a rookie's performance, good or bad.

and most importantly:

* You couldn't care less about the final score.

(Please add more - and feel free to refer this thread to those that post "our O-line sux"... or things of that nature...)

Well, that third one depends on what position the player plays and what your definition of "performance" is, but by and large I agree.

I'm always reminded of the time we played in the HoF game a few years ago. My buddy is a Skins fan and he was all excited about Colt Brennan being their QB of the future after that preseason. Last I heard, he's trying out for the UFL.

I'm always reminded of the time we played in the HoF game a few years ago. My buddy is a Skins fan and he was all excited about Colt Brennan being their QB of the future after that preseason. Last I heard, he's trying out for the UFL.

Well, sure. My point is you can look at certain aspects of some rookies' games and draw some conclusions from them. But not everything, and not every position, and NOT stats.

We Know You're A Long Time Colts Fan Tonight ... If..

You watch the game. haha

Everyone knows our favorite players won't be playing.

But wanting to see what the rookies can add to the depth of the team makes you a Colts Fan! :coltshorse:

Yeah. Like tonight, I'm happy they're resting Freeney and giving Hughes a chances to go against the Rams #1s.

* You understand the O-Line won't be in mid season form.

* You're watching players instead of plays.

* You don't get too excited by a rookie's performance, good or bad.

and most importantly:

* You couldn't care less about the final score.

(Please add more - and feel free to refer this thread to those that post "our O-line sux"... or things of that nature...)

At the half.

Nevis has had some good moments and I'm more stoked about that than anything else. Wheeler is around the ball a lot which is encouraging. Love the brief moments for D. Brown and PG.

Spann has had trouble handling the ball a couple of times and not looked good when he has brought it out.

I like the scoring reviews - a good change. Not sure I'm big on the 35yd line kickoffs but whatever that's part of the 2011 game.

I felt kind of bad after reading some of the posts in this thread.

It was not meant to be a 'guideline' or to make fun of anyone. It was not meant to say you're not a Colts fan if you don't agree with me.

It was an observation, not instructions. In other words, I think most of us were prepared for the worst.

Anyone who's been a Colts fan for at least the last 10 years understands the Colts do NOT gameplan in the preseason. While we can complain about individual play, who looks good or bad, the outcome of the game means nothing. And it certainly doesn't mean we aren't deep since our 2's get beat by theirs.

It was not meant to be a 'guideline' or to make fun of anyone. It was not meant to say you're not a Colts fan if you don't agree with me.

It was an observation, not instructions. In other words, I think most of us were prepared for the worst.

Anyone who's been a Colts fan for at least the last 10 years understands the Colts do NOT gameplan in the preseason. While we can complain about individual play, who looks good or bad, the outcome of the game means nothing. And it certainly doesn't mean we aren't deep since our 2's get beat by theirs.

Two kinds of people - those that get it and those that don't. In this landscape of the oft offended you're not simply a yell at the TV kinda fan, Smonroe, which is always welcomed as far as I'm concerned.

Don't feel bad; some people just like to urinate on threads. The rest of us enjoyed it. :)

Yeah Smonroe... don't worry about it. I think its a good post. Some people just don't feel inteligent unless they are putting someone else's contributions down.

You know your a longtime Colts fan tonight if, after watching our backup QBs give it everything they got, you would be willing to chip in to purchase daily neck massage therapy (if such a thing exists) for Peyton.