Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs RGIII rookie years?

HtownColt

Teddy Bruschi and Tim Hassleback said RGIII will have the better year winning games wise but Andrew Luck will be the better fantasy QB as of filling up the stat sheet

i find that about right our defense is going to be our weak link this season(as it always has been in the past) but we do have an offense now that can compete

Before the draft, many analysts were projecting RGIII to have the better season because he had more to work with. After our draft, I think that we have done a great job of surronding Luck with talent. We obviously thought he was the better QB, warranting the number 1 pick. I think that he will have the better season, but RGIII will have better highlights. I'll take a more productive season over highlights.

I think RG3 will have the better fantasy value because of how often he's going to take off and run like Cam. The risk is, he isn't built like Cam. He might be on the sidelines if he runs too much. Their division opponents are rough. Giants, Eagles and Cowboys all have defenses that will get after RG3. It's gonna be a toss up. Should know more after pre-season.

I think Luck will be fine but I don't know about his fantasy value. If it's truly going to be a ground and pound run attack, then i don't really see much value for him early on. I think he'll turn some heads though winning more games than he should.

I think our offense will take a little while to get rolling, but once it does.....watch out league!!!

I'm glad our schedule looks pretty easy. I see a 9 win season and Luck winning Offensive Rookie of the Year.

We have the 15th toughest schedule in the league...I don't know about 9 wins.

I think RG3 will have the better fantasy value because of how often he's going to take off and run like Cam. The risk is, he isn't built like Cam. He might be on the sidelines if he runs too much. Their division opponents are rough. Giants, Eagles and Cowboys all have defenses that will get after RG3. It's gonna be a toss up. Should know more after pre-season.

I think Luck will be fine but I don't know about his fantasy value. If it's truly going to be a ground and pound run attack, then i don't really see much value for him early on. I think he'll turn some heads though winning more games than he should.

i honestly think RGIII isnt going to tuck and run that much as people think because he is going to want to prove people wrong that he isnt a run oriented qb but he is a pocket passer first

We have the 15th toughest schedule in the league...I don't know about 9 wins.

It may be statistically a middle of the road schedule, but when I look at the games I see a ton of extremely winnable games.

@ Chicago - Likely loss with a healthy Cutler.....although if I were him, I'd sit the game out for fear of the Angerer.

V Minnesota - I see the first W here.

V J-Ville - Blaine Gabbert is not beating us again. That team will suck for a while.

Bye - In all my years as a fan, we've never been beaten by the bye.

V Green Bay - I'll just pencil this one in as a loss.

@ NY Jets - Their offense gets worse everyday, and their D doesn't strike much fear. I see a hard-fought W.

V Cleveland - No way does Luck lose to Brandon 'Wheelchair' Weedon again.

@ Tennessee - I think we split with them again. This one's a loss.

V Miami - At this point Miami will be regretting the Tannehill pick and will be in full blown 'Blow for Barkley' mode.

@ J-Ville - See above.

@ New England - Probably a prette easy loss, although I hate to say it.

V Buffalo - I'm split on this one. They look tough, but this is late in the year and they might suck again.

@ Detroit - Formidable offense. Defense has Jacob Lacey. I'm calling it a W.

V Tennessee - We win this one.

@ Houston - Likely a loss, but it won't be half as bad as last year when we went down there.

@ KC - They have a stronger team than last year indicated. This is a loss.

V Houston - If we could beat them with Danny O last year, we can beat them with Luck this year.

Adds up to 9 or 10 wins.

It may be statistically a middle of the road schedule, but when I look at the games I see a ton of extremely winnable games.

@ Chicago - Likely loss with a healthy Cutler.....although if I were him, I'd sit the game out for fear of the Angerer.

V J-Ville - Blaine Gabbert is not beating us again. That team will suck for a while.

@ NY Jets - Their offense gets worse everyday, and their D doesn't strike much fear. I see a hard-fought W.

V Miami - At this point Miami will be regretting the Tannehill pick and will be in full blown 'Blow for Barkley' mode.

@ J-Ville - See above.

V Buffalo - I'm split on this one. They look tough, but this is late in the year and they might suck again.

@ Houston - Likely a loss, but it won't be half as bad as last year when we went down there.

V Houston - If we could beat them with Danny O last year, we can beat them with Luck this year.

Adds up to 9 or 10 wins.

your about to have 5-10 straight people bash you for this although your predictions has a chance to happen lol this is going to be funny

thats the middle of the pack which is neccessarilly that difficult but you dont know how teams are going to be when the season starts and gets going

true, but no other team has undergone the transformation of GM, Coaches and players like the Colts have. Honestly, you just can't really know what to expect. No point in speculating too hard.

@ J-Ville - See above.

Adds up to 9 or 10 wins.

That's fine, but based on what? Nobody has seen the new team. We switching defensive schemes, offensives schemes, new QB, new coaches new D-line. Our best DE's are dropping back into new positions. I just don't see how you can speculate the wins based off of a team nobody has ever seen play.

That's fine, but based on what? Nobody has seen the new team. We switching defensive schemes, offensives schemes, new QB, new coaches new D-line. Our best DE's are dropping back into new positions. I just don't see how you can speculate the wins based off of a team nobody has ever seen play.

I'm basing it on who we play, not how good I think we will be. Teams like Minnesota, J-Ville, Miami, and Cleveland are wins with me at QB. I have no concerns about Mathis and Freeney's ability to rush the passer from a standing position. They will not be dropping back into coverage and covering the Gronkowski's of the world in man-to-man coverage. The defensive switch causes me no worries. It was a broken system and Grigson/Irsay knew it. I have a slight concern offensively, but like I said, it will take a little while to truly get rolling, but once it does, it will be unstoppable.

defense can't get no worse than last year only way is up from here and im banking on our offense to keep us in games and give us a chance to win in 4th quarters

defense can't get no worse than last year only way is up from here and im banking on our offense to keep us in games and give us a chance to win in 4th quarters

we were ranked 25th in defense last year. We can still do worse than the Bills, Giants, Panthers, Raiders, Bucs, Patriots and Packers. So yes...it can get worse. I don't think it will...but it could.

we were ranked 25th in defense last year. We can still do worse than the Bills, Giants, Panthers, Raiders, Bucs, Patriots and Packers. So yes...it can get worse. I don't think it will...but it could.

wasnt we dead last in creating turnovers and giving up a 71.3 completion percentage..that 25th ranked defense is simply based by yards per game..look at the turnovers them other teams created as well

@ J-Ville - See above.

Adds up to 9 or 10 wins.

earlier front runner for homer post of the year

It's a toss up and you will bet on who you prefer. I prefer Luck and I am confident he will have the better season as well the better career.

I don't invest too much stock in the rookie season, it doesn't always indicate long term success in a QB. Look at Rick Mirer after his rookie season in Seattle. Look at Vince Young's career since winning the Rookie Of The Year award.

It's a toss up and you will bet on who you prefer. I prefer Luck and I am confident he will have the better season as well the better career.

I don't invest too much stock in the rookie season, it doesn't always indicate long term success in a QB. Look at Rick Mirer after his rookie season in Seattle. Look at Vince Young's career since winning the Rookie Of The Year award.

vince young is 30-17 as a starter it was his behavior that costed him his job

. Look at Vince Young's career since winning the Rookie Of The Year award.

Based on Vince Young's current career trajectory, in a few years he may be eligible to win an employee of the week award working at a Taco Bell. Then he can proudly display it next to his rookie of the year award. :)

(or I guess I could be completely wrong and he could defy the odds, regain a job as a starter somewhere ,and have a productive career, but I doubt it.)

Vince Young's career record is 30-19 (.620) as a starter - well aware of that. He played on some talented Titans teams to help compile that record though credit to him for putting up those numbers as I don't rate him as a NFL QB. Young has a career QB rating of 74.4 and has thrown more picks (51) than touchdowns (46). Young is a back up QB, not the star that he was touted to be coming out of college after his National Title win. Speaking of that game, Matt Leinart....

Young isn't a guy I want taking snaps for my football team for a variety of reasons. Just my opinion.

Vince Young's career record is 30-19 (.620) as a starter - well aware of that. He played on some talented Titans teams to help compile that record though credit to him for putting up those numbers as I don't rate him as a NFL QB. Young has a career QB rating of 74.4 and has thrown more picks (51) than touchdowns (46). Young is a back up QB, not the start up that he was touted to be coming out of college after his National Title win. Speaking of that game, Matt Leinart....

Young isn't a guy I want taking snaps for my football team for a variety of reasons. Just my opinion.

the same titans(besides the 13-3 year) team that kerry collins couldnt win a game with yea them titans

Incidentally, both Mirer and Young had statistically poor rookie seasons that foreshadowed their statistically poor futures. :)

Stats aren't the be-all-end-all but even 'winners' are eventually going to crash and fade away if they consistently perform poorly.

@ J-Ville - See above.

i dont see us beatin half of them teams lol most of them have better defenses than us and stronger CBs and atleast two good receivers we played houston without andre johnson thats a big boost for them detroit lion we wont stop the offense and they have a good d line especially with out o line well lose to ten cause of our Cbs i pass defense is poor so i dont see that

rg3 will get sacked a ton because of the bad redskins oline and luck will have more pass td's and yards

Our offensive line isn't as bad as people think it is. We were decimated by injury last season and still did a respectable job of protecting our QBs. The sack totals don't bear that out because John Beck was personally responsible for getting sacked at least 7 or 8 out of the 10 times he went down against the Bills, badly skewing the stats and pushing us from a top 10 squad in terms of sacks allowed to a bottom third squad.

Griffin won't finish the year. He will turn in a mediocre performance and then succumb to injury. Cousins will step up and we'll have the "lol QB controversy" of the 2012 season.

Just a guess.

Cousins isn't likely to be in a position to step up in 2012. He'll be a third stringer in all likelihood and we'll take our lumps with Grossman if Griffin gets hurt.

Our offensive line isn't as bad as people think it is. We were decimated by injury last season and still did a respectable job of protecting our QBs. The sack totals don't bear that out because John Beck was personally responsible for getting sacked at least 7 or 8 out of the 10 times he went down against the Bills, badly skewing the stats and pushing us from a top 10 squad in terms of sacks allowed to a bottom third squad.

Cousins isn't likely to be in a position to step up in 2012. He'll be a third stringer in all likelihood and we'll take our lumps with Grossman if Griffin gets hurt.

Cousins was the 2nd best pro ready QB coming out behind Luck on most NFL team boards

I honestly think Cousins is a better qb then RG3 but I only watched a few games of RG3 and plus i think hes a one hit wonder. Cousins has been solid for years at MSU.

Luck will blow RG3 out of the water but thats my thought and i could be wrong. Heck I wanted Leaf and ricky williams back in the day

Wait a few minutes before someone chimes in...I care only for SB wins not my QB stats!!! :) :)

Right now, Redskins and Colts fans are in a position to talk just QB stats more than SB wins, realistically!!! Just saying to whoever feels like the above sentence.

@ J-Ville - See above.

Adds up to 9 or 10 wins.

You may as well beat us at LOS, we might have the division wrapped up by then anyway.

@ J-Ville - See above.

Adds up to 9 or 10 wins.

No way we beat Detroit