Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and the trade deadline

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Trade Gus for Salah.  

I’d really like saleh..  I don’t think the Colts will get him but the last time I thought a coach would be this perfect of a fit for the team was Dungy.  Maybe I am over valuing what he did with a loaded San Fran defense but I think he’d be perfect here.  

• Like 1

The Eagles released former all pro linebacker Devin White today.  They reached a deal to release him before the trade deadline.  He saved them some money I read.  He’s only 26.  Considering the up and down play of our linebackers and especially their tackling he might be a guy to bring in.  

• Like 1

The question is what position would you target if you were going to trade for a player?  Corner, linebacker, running back?  A starter or a depth player?  I would like a starting linebacker and a depth corner.  Letting Okeroke go was a mistake imo.  If we win the next two games I could see us making some calls.  

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d really like saleh..  I don’t think the Colts will get him but the last time I thought a coach would be this perfect of a fit for the team was Dungy.  Maybe I am over valuing what he did with a loaded San Fran defense but I think he’d be perfect here.  

I was coming here to say the same thing. Hiring Saleh would instantly upgrade this D. Question is, can they do it mid season? 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

The question is what position would you target if you were going to trade for a player?  Corner, linebacker, running back?  A starter or a depth player?  I would like a starting linebacker and a depth corner.  Letting Okeroke go was a mistake imo.  If we win the next two games I could see us making some calls.  

For the record, we didn’t let Okeroke go, he took less money than we offered . Crazy but it is true

Saleh mod season as DC... couldn't be much worse than what we have in Bradley... he isn't going to change and as I said in another after the game ... he had HOF defensive in the Legion of Boom we are No Where close to that talent... his system IMO will not work here... we will always make avg QB's look like stars... & Ballard is going to change his philosophy either... needs to go too ... I don't think they will have the guts or do anything, but I am all for brining in Saleh and dumping Bradley... just don't seeing it happening 

They will go with Bradley the rest of the year. It’s too disruptive to do otherwise, despite Bradley’s obvious deficiencies. Bringing in a new coach like Saleh with a totally different defensive philosophy requiring different types of players isn’t the smart move either. 
But maybe, just maybe, the GM, Head Coach and perhaps the Owner will insist on Gus making some changes going forward. More aggressive blitzing; some press packages for the corners; switching up the look in the secondary. That’s not an unreasonable approach and might help turn around the D. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I believe it’s November 5th by 4pm. Do you think the Colts will make a move/trade to improve the roster? Personally I do not. What say you?

I could see them trading away a piece or pieces , I don’t see them trading for anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I was coming here to say the same thing. Hiring Saleh would instantly upgrade this D. Question is, can they do it mid season? 

For the record, we didn’t let Okeroke go, he took less money than we offered . Crazy but it is true

He took less money to leave?  Are you sure?  He was a starter.  That makes zero sense.  Did he hate Indy?  Did he hate his Teammates?  That’s crazy.

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He took less money to leave?  Are you sure?  He was a starter.  That makes zero sense.  

That’s what was reported at that time. He became a Team Leader on the Giants that year, and they made the playoffs.  Glowinsky also left for the Giants that year.

5 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

The Colts should be sellers more than buyers this year. There isn’t a player available who will change this defense. It needs 4-5 new players 

I don’t think it’s as bad as 4-5 new players.  I think getting healthy and a couple of good players would make a big difference.   

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

The Eagles released former all pro linebacker Devin White today.  They reached a deal to release him before the trade deadline.  He saved them some money I read.  He’s only 26.  Considering the up and down play of our linebackers and especially their tackling he might be a guy to bring in.  

He’s trash. If you combine the negatives of EJ and Franklin you get Devin White. Only reason he looked good in Tampa for 1 year is because Lavontae David always cleaned up his mess

2 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

That’s what was reported at that time. He became a Team Leader on the Giants that year, and they made the playoffs.  Glowinsky also left for the Giants that year.

He signed for 4 years 40m with 22m guaranteed.  The Colts offered more than that?  I would bet they didn’t.  They were still paying Leonard I believe.  Franklin too.

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

He’s trash. If you combine the negatives of EJ and Franklin you get Devin White. Only reason he looked good in Tampa for 1 year is because Lavontae David always cleaned up his mess

Maybe.  But considering how poor our linebackers are playing I wouldn’t be afraid to bring him in for a workout.  Can’t hurt.  Might be a wake up call for Speed and Franklin.